Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MM vs BB

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2016, 07:17 PM by jagherd.)

Luck is still the best in the division, IMO.

Mariota looks like the real deal too. I'm still just wandering about his durability, and if he'll get knocked out 'ala RGIII or something.

If he holds up, and Tennessee keeps emphasizing the O-line and run game, they are in VERY good shape for the future.

Although Luck was hurt and banged up last year, he is still bigger and very durable as compared to MM. Luck is taking an absolute pounding behind his O-line. So far, he's holding up and managing some wins.

Bortles; WOW. That train's gone completely off the rails at this point. He's been terrible at the most important things (mechanics, accuracy, decision-making, locking on receivers, etc..).

The ONLY thing that is keeping him even close to being a legit NFL QB is his physical attributes (size/durability,, athleticism when he decides to use his legs). Other than that, boy, he's terrible.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I still believe Bortles can be the guy but obviously something isn't right at the moment, there's no consistency at all.

But Luck isn't anywhere close to top of the list who I would prefer playing in his place right now. You would still get the boneheaded plays with only slightly improved accuracy. Give me TY Hilton though.

Luck is a really good QB. Look at the team around him, besides some nice weapons outside, he has no OL and a mediocre defense. Yet somehow, the clots keep winning games. He has carried the team to the playoffs multiple times, including an AFC championship.

Look, I hate the clots as much as the next Jags fan, but to deny that Luck is a franchise QB is foolish. As for young QBs around the league, I only take Carr over him, and maybe Winston.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

I didn't say he wasn't a franchise QB. But he's not a top 10 and definitely not worthy of his contract. Way way too many boneheaded throws and not overly accurate.

He's not what people hoped he was but on an elite team like the Broncos he would maybe be able to get a championship.

Quote:Luck is still the best in the division, IMO.

Of course he is. The others aren't even in the same category.

Quote:He was last year, although that isn't saying much.

That really is saying nothing. I mean his biggest competition was 40 year old Matt Hasselbeck.

Quote:He was, now it looks like Mariota he's really improved. Don't know what's happened to Bortles, looks like Luck last year.

So sad you only Post after a few wins.

Bortles lacerated his kidney and has an abdominal tear?!?!??!

Also, I was here all throughout 2011. Nice try.

Quote: foolish.

You just described lastonealive in one word. Nice.

Still think Grigson is awesome mate? Reggie Wayne still tearing it up? He didn't need speed after all...Trent Richardson great trade right?

Not sure why you excuse Lucks Play for injuries suffered after? Can I do the same for Bortles?

Still think we can easily beat your lot for the sweep.

Very sad you can't bear to post when losing.

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2016, 11:06 PM by Coltswarriors.)

Quote:Still think Grigson is awesome mate? Reggie Wayne still tearing it up? He didn't need speed after all...Trent Richardson great trade right?

Not sure why you excuse Lucks Play for injuries suffered after? Can I do the same for Bortles?

Still think we can easily beat your lot for the sweep.

Very sad you can't bear to post when losing.

-Never said Grigson was awesome, just said I don't think he's as bad as everyone claims (still think this). Pagano is the real issue IMO

-Reggie Wayne is retired and he's 38. Not sure what you're going at here.

-Never said I liked the Richardson trade LOL. He was awful his entire time here, never defended him.

Andddd, obviously reading isn't your strong suit (this is known), I said I was here throughout ALLL of 2011.

I haven't even been posting at all this entire season (including when the Colts win) until now. I've got some free time atm.

Keep grasping at straws and making things up, it's what you're good at.

Just bitter that every year you say "this is the Jags year!!! Bortles!!!!! YEAH!!!!" and then you just end the same as every year.... a horrendous record. Out of contention in week 11, unfortunate. Can't wait to hear the same next August.

It's pretty simple to me...the Colts and Titans have two of the top 5 young QBs in the league, and the Jags and Texans have two of the bottom 5 young QBs in the league. 

Does Luck count as young? He's 27. I think people like to include him as young because they don't want to Compare him to the established qbs.

Quote:Does Luck count as young? He's 27. I think people like to include him as young because they don't want to Compare him to the established qbs.
In QB years I think so. I believe there are less than 10 starting QBs younger than him. 

Quote:Does Luck count as young? He's 27. I think people like to include him as young because they don't want to Compare him to the established qbs.

Is Blake still "top dog" in the division?

Can we just inject Blake with Mariota's football release gene? There's gotta be some sort of stem cell therapy we can use.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Bortles was much better than Luck last year. Luck had his first good game in a long time yesterday.Unless he can show he's better over this season Blake is top dog in the division. I won't base that on yesterday, Chad henne could have put up big numbers with how wide open the TEs were.

Hahaha

Not one of Mariota's best games, but still a good game for a mortal qb...

Week eleven results...

1. Marcus Mariota - 25 of 38 (65.8%) for 290 yards (7.6 YPA), 2 TDs and 0 INT for a 106.3 qb rating

2. Andrew Luck - 15 of 28 (53.6%) for 262 yards (9.4 YPA), 2 TDs and 1 INT for a 94.6 qb rating

3. Brock Osweiler - 26 of 39
    (66.7%)
    for 243 yards
    (6.2 YPA)
    , 1 TD and 1 INT for a 81.5 qb rating

4. Blake Bortles - 22 of 35 (62.9%) for 202 yards (5.8 YPA), 2 TDs and 2 INTs for a 73.8 qb rating

Overall results...

1. Marcus Mariota - 228 of 355 (64.2%)<span style="color:#008080;"><span style="color:#008080;"><strong>
    </strong>for 2,772 yards
    (7.8 YPA), 23 TDs and 8 INTs for a 99.6 qb rating with 7 fumbles (4 lost), 2 rush TDs</span></span>
  2. Andrew Luck - 236 of 375 (62.9%) for 2,827 yards (7.5 YPA), 19 TDs and 8 INTs for a 93.9 qb rating with 4 fumbles (3 lost), 1 rush TD

3. Blake Bortles - 250 of 415 (60.2%) for 2,623 yards (6.3 YPA), 18 TDs and 13 INTs for a 80.0 qb rating with 4 fumbles (3 lost), 1 rush TD

4. Brock Osweiler - 216 of 363
    (59.5%)
    for 2,061 yards
    (5.7 YPA)
    , 12 TDs and 10 INTs for a 74.9 rating with 5 fumbles
    (1 lost)

Blake is now right at that 80 qb rating threshold for the season.

'02

I cant believe it! Mariota is having a legit elite season for a QB. YPA, comp percentage, TD:INT. I mean this has been some tear he has been on.

OTH Oseilweiler is still leaving fans wondering how good the Texans could be with a real QB. And giving the Jags the ability to say 'at least we dont have him!'

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Its amazing how many more passes Bortles has thrown than the others. I dont know if its cause of the Jags constantly getting behind or what, but he has way to many attempts for a guy playing like he has.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:Its amazing how many more passes Bortles has thrown than the others. I dont know if its cause of the Jags constantly getting behind or what, but he has way to many attempts for a guy playing like he has.

I've never seen an offensive coordinator as inept about the run game as Oley was. At least Hackett has a clue. The Jaguars still lead the league in pass attempts while also leading the league in fewest rush attempts.

CORRECTION: That was last week stats. I thought I'd go and double check if they changed this week, and sure enough they did. The top pass attempts look like this...

1. Saints - 420

2. Packers - 417

3. Ravens - 416

4. Jaguars - 415

But they are still last in rush attempts...

• 29. Packers 221

• 30. Lions 220

• 31. Bears 219

• 32, Jaguars 215

'02

Mariota is in the best situation with an elite run game easing the pressure. But he looks far more accurate than Luck and Bortles in general

Quote:Mariota is in the best situation with an elite run game easing the pressure. But he looks far more accurate than Luck and Bortles in general

He's also got a fantastic OL that dominated our DL when they played us.

'02

Mariota doesn't make mistakes. He has a career 30 TDs in the redzone with 0 INTs. That's why his team is at least competent on offense. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."