Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MM vs BB

So I guess the top dog is back. We won't count the whole 2016 season he must have been injured / insert blame

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

First time actually getting to watch Mariota all season. (Had an event the night of Thursday night football and just deleted it from the DVR when I got home when I found out how it went)

I'm not impressed, looked exactly like what I said he was, a guy that can be an Alex Smith and who will always have injury problems if his offensive line can't protect him VERY well.

(This post was last modified: 12-24-2016, 06:43 PM by GlockBortles.)

pack it up guy its over

Can somebody get Tom "Dynamite" Savage in this thread!!! Smile

Hmmm Mariota injured.

Who'da thunk it?

Shame too.... He was having a pretty darn good season.

[Image: XwRwgBA.gif]

[Image: yQG7tla.gif]

Two weeks ago Blake had his worst game of the season. This past week in Marrone's first game, he had his best game...

Week sixteen results...

1. Blake Bortles - 26 of 38 (68.4%) for 325 <span style="color:#008080;">yards (8.6 YPA)
    , 1 TD and 0 INT for a 103.5 qb rating with 1 fumble (0 lost)</span>
  2. Andrew Luck - 19 of 29 (65.5%) for 288 yards (9.9 YPA), 2 TDs and 2 INTs for a 92.3 qb rating  with 1 rush TD

3. Marcuc Mariota - 8 of 20 (40.0%) for 99<span style="color:#008080;"> yards (5.0 YPA)
    , 1 TD and 0 INT for a 72.7 qb rating *broke leg in Q3
    </span>

Overall results...

1. Andrew Luck - 322 of 505 (63.8%) for 3,919 yards (7.8 YPA), 29 TDs and 12 INTs for a 96.8 qb rating with 5 fumbles (4 lost), 2 rush TDs

2. Marcus Mariota - 276 of 451 (61.2%)<span style="color:#008080;"><span style="color:#008080;"><strong>
    </strong>for 3,426 yards
    (7.6 YPA), 26 TDs and 9 INTs for a 95.6 qb rating with 9 fumbles (5 lost), 2 rush TDs</span></span>
  3. Blake Bortles - 343 of 586 (58.5%) for 3,604 yards (6.2 YPA), 22 TDs and 16 INTs for a 77.6 qb rating with 6 fumbles (4 lost), 3 rush TDs

4. Brock Osweiler - 280 of 470
    (59.6%)
    for 2,704 yards
    (5.8 YPA)
    , 14 TDs and 16 INTs for a 71.4 rating with 5 fumbles
    (1 lost), 1 rush TD

Brock remains benched for the final week of the season so unless Savage gets hurt, his stats are final.

'02

Injuries causing missed time:

Mariota: 2

Blake: 0
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Amount of games spent being good at football

Mariota: 27

Quote:Amount of games spent being good at football

I don't know where you get 27 for Mariota considering he stunk up the field against good defenses last year. As for Blake, he somehow regressed this season, but he was playing darn good football last year. You must have somehow missed it.

'02

You got me. I lol'd.

I don't agree with the ratio but it was a funny touche'

Quote:First time actually getting to watch Mariota all season. (Had an event the night of Thursday night football and just deleted it from the DVR when I got home when I found out how it went)

I'm not impressed, looked exactly like what I said he was, a guy that can be an Alex Smith and who will always have injury problems if his offensive line can't protect him VERY well.

It took Smith 4 years to do what Mariota did his rookie season and it only took him 8 seasons to put up anything close to Mariota's second season.  Mariota turned the titans around from a 3 win team to an 8 win team with Mike Mularkey as his head coach.  Jags should have been what the Titans were this year but Bortles didn't put the work in.

Quote:I don't know where you get 27 for Mariota considering he stunk up the field against good defenses last year. As for Blake, he somehow regressed this season, but he was playing darn good football last year. You must have somehow missed it.

It was disappointing to learn that he didn't work as hard in the off season and got wasted during the season, the night before games.

Quote:It was disappointing to learn that he didn't work as hard in the off season and got wasted during the season, the night before games.

Well, if you believe the rumors JFK, Disney and Hitler are all playing cards at Area 51 today.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Two weeks ago Blake had his worst game of the season. This past week in Marrone's first game, he had his best game...

Final regular season stats, and the final for everyone unless Osweiler plays...

1. Blake Bortles - 25 of 49 (64.1%) for 301 <span style="color:#008080;">yards (7.7 YPA)
    , 1 TD and 0 INT for a 96.2 qb rating with 2 fumbles (2 lost)</span>
  2. Andrew Luck - 24 of 40 (60.0%) for 321 yards (8.0 YPA), 2 TDs and 1 INT for a 91.8 qb rating with 1 fumble (1 lost)

Overall results...

1. Andrew Luck - 346 of 545 (63.5%) for 4,240 yards (7.8 YPA), 31 TDs and 13 INTs for a 96.4 qb rating with 6 fumbles (5 lost), 2 rush TDs

2. Marcus Mariota - 276 of 451 (61.2%)<span style="color:#008080;"><span style="color:#008080;"><strong>
    </strong>for 3,426 yards
    (7.6 YPA), 26 TDs and 9 INTs for a 95.6 qb rating with 9 fumbles (5 lost), 2 rush TDs</span></span>
  3. Blake Bortles - 368 of 625 (58.9%) for 3,905 yards (6.2 YPA), 23 TDs and 16 INTs for a 78.8 qb rating with 8 fumbles (6 lost), 3 rush TDs

4. Brock Osweiler - 280 of 470
    (59.6%)
    for 2,704 yards
    (5.8 YPA)
    , 14 TDs and 16 INTs for a 71.4 rating with 5 fumbles
    (1 lost), 1 rush TD

Blake took over the fumbles lost lead right at the end there, and almost took over Mariota's overall fumble lead.

'02

I would imagine, if true, the tendonitis Blake had directly impacted his fumble rate.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

[Image: caPHOrU.gif]

[Image: I4eAXGc.gif]

[Image: OFOFwHt.gif]

Surprised Bradford is so high there, and Stafford is so low.

Quote:Surprised Bradford is so high there, and Stafford is so low.

Is that the mind bending ESPN stat or the traditional "Passer Rating" stat?

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!