Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Nick Foles

If the Eagles think Foles is "an average game manager" then they should be setting the feelers out for a trade while the iron is hot.  Sucker some team into a big deal.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2014, 04:09 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:If the Eagles think Foles is "an average game manager" then they should be setting the feelers out for a trade while the iron is hot.  Sucker some team into a big deal.

Oh, I won't be surprised to see it happen, if not this offseason, then next. 

AJ Feeley part 2. Remember that one?? They suckered a 2nd rounder + a 5th rounder out of the Dolphins for that guy. 

Foles might even sucker more than that. 

Quote:Oh, I won't be surprised to see it happen, if not this offseason, then next. 

AJ Feeley part 2. Remember that one?? They suckered a 2nd rounder + a 5th rounder out of the Dolphins for that guy. 

Foles might even sucker more than that. 

I think he could garner more than that at the moment.  Definitely if he could have one a playoff game or two.  I think he's a better QB than Jay Feeley and has potential to be an above average QB.  It will be an interesting situation to watch unfold.

Some people just lack the ability to evaluate QBs.

Quote:I think he could garner more than that at the moment.  Definitely if he could have one a playoff game or two.  I think he's a better QB than Jay Feeley and has potential to be an above average QB.  It will be an interesting situation to watch unfold.

And then who do they play? Message board GMs never seem to follow up with the what then ...

I bet Kelly isn't counting on Vick, so why would he want to get rid of Foles? Why wouldn't you think Foles can only get better, especially if Kelly is such a great coach?

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Some people don't realize how important pre-snap reads are in Chip Kelly's offense. Nick Foles is extremely good pre-snap and makes great decisions. Some people don't value that, though. They need to see QBs running for 1st downs.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2014, 01:29 AM by Scarecrow.)

Quote:And then who do they play? Message board GMs never seem to follow up with the what then ...

I bet Kelly isn't counting on Vick, so why would he want to get rid of Foles? Why wouldn't you think Foles can only get better, especially if Kelly is such a great coach?
It's a football messageboard. A place to discuss football opinions. If they can garner a few high draft choices and think Foles is a product of their system...my point is they should take it. I'm offering up an option based on TMD's theory. I think Nick Foles is better than TMD does and I'm not as high on Kelly as TMD is. They either take that high draft pick and draft a guy or sign a veteran to get buy that fits the system. I don't know that they could garner anything for Foles at this point but let's not act like this scenario has never happened before. It has.... and by the Eagles no less. My point is of they think Foles is a system QB and a team offered them a decent deal they could do that. Will it happen? Who knows? It's nothing more than discussion.

You come off as one grumpy/angry fella...

Here is what the resident Eagles fan said on the other forum I frequent.

"Most eagles fans love foles (especially compared to vick and mcnabb [Image: indifferent.r191677.gif]). Takes care of the ball, very accurate, and yeah, he is very sound pre-snap. I just don't think a guy with a marginal arm and the least athletic ability of anyone to take an nfl snap since scott mitchell is an ideal fit for chip kelly's offense."

Quote:....Just as I have been saying all along. Foles is a GAME MANAGER. When the Eagles needed the QB to make big plays yesterday, he didn't or couldn't. Thats the M.O. of the GAME MANAGER QB. They can beat a whole lot of BAD teams, and rarely will lose the game for you vs bad teams, but when you need them to win games for you vs good teams, especially once facing tougher teams in the playoffs, they just are unable to.

The Eagles will never win a SB with Nick Foles as the QB. IMO, Kelly knows this and Foles won't be the long term starter there. Kelly just made the most of what he had.
From my recollection, he gave them the lead and the defense couldn't keep the Saints from driving down the field for a game winning FG.

I guess since Rodgers couldn't drive the Packers every time, he must be a game manager too?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Here is what the resident Eagles fan said on the other forum I frequent.

"Most eagles fans love foles (especially compared to vick and mcnabb [Image: indifferent.r191677.gif]). Takes care of the ball, very accurate, and yeah, he is very sound pre-snap. I just don't think a guy with a marginal arm and the least athletic ability of anyone to take an nfl snap since scott mitchell is an ideal fit for chip kelly's offense."

lol I guess he's never heard of Byron Leftwich. 

Quote:From my recollection, he gave them the lead and the defense couldn't keep the Saints from driving down the field for a game winning FG.

So, thats all you ask for out of a QB is the kind of game that Foles played Saturday night? Did you watch the game? On too many occasions did Foles make mistakes that stalled Eagles drives. I remember him taking multiple QB sacks after holding the ball far too long because he was game manager afraid to throw the ball anywhere since he's too conservative and would rather take a 15 yard sack than even risk an INT. Foles = Andy Dalton without the mobility. You ain't winning with a QB like that in the playoffs. 

Quote:So, thats all you ask for out of a QB is the kind of game that Foles played Saturday night? Did you watch the game? On too many occasions did Foles make mistakes that stalled Eagles drives. I remember him taking multiple QB sacks after holding the ball far too long because he was game manager afraid to throw the ball anywhere since he's too conservative and would rather take a 15 yard sack than even risk an INT. Foles = Andy Dalton without the mobility. You ain't winning with a QB like that in the playoffs.
Actually I watched every play of the game and you are over exaggerating trying to make a point just because you think he's a game manager.

If he had thrown the INTs you would have been whining about that.

So he didn't take a risk throwing the bomb to Jackson before the go ahead TD? His TD pass to Cooper was also into very tight coverage.

They never would have been in the playoffs if not for Foles. Game managers don't throw seven TD passes in a game. So what if it was against the Raiders. How many other 'game managers' threw seven TD passes against them.

Quote:Actually I watched every play of the game and you are over exaggerating trying to make a point just because you think he's a game manager.

If he had thrown the INTs you would have been whining about that.

So he didn't take a risk throwing the bomb to Jackson before the go ahead TD? His TD pass to Cooper was also into very tight coverage.

They never would have been in the playoffs if not for Foles. Game managers don't throw seven TD passes in a game. So what if it was against the Raiders. How many other 'game managers' threw seven TD passes against them.

Dude, Adrian Burk threw 7 TD in one game....I don't recall him amounting to anything great as an NFL QB. 

I'm not a believer in Foles quite yet. He's done incredibly well so far, but I'll need to see another season of him to hold an opinion on him one way or the other. He's still young after all.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2014, 11:44 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:I'm not a believer in Foles quite yet. He's done incredibly well so far, but I'll need to see another season of him to hold an opinion on him one way or the other. He's still young after all.

People like to assume that Foles isn't prone to the INT, but if you watched him all year, he's had a Garrard 2007 type lucky year in that regard. Lots of would-be INT's bounced off DB's eggos or were overturned by a penalty or 2 - one that even turned a likely loss into a win. (late in Arizona game).

His INT number next season should increase substantially. Just by the odds catching up.  

He's nowhere near as good of a QB as some of these people think he is. He's a Garrard/ Leftwich level QB in an offense that has shown to inflate QB numbers. 

Quote:People like to assume that Foles isn't to the INT, but if you watched him all year, he's had a Garrard 2007 type lucky year in that regard. Lots of would-be INT's bounced off DB's eggos or were overturned by a penalty or 2 - one that even turned a likely loss into a win. (late in Arizona game).

His INT number next season should increase substantially. Just by the odds catching up.  

I don't deny it. He had great breaks this year, and it would take a miracle to get such breaks over an entire season.

That being said, I still am not going to categorize him at this point. 

Quote:He's nowhere near as good of a QB as some of these people think he is. He's a Garrard/ Leftwich level QB in an offense that has shown to inflate QB numbers.
'Nowhere near as good of a QB as some of these people think he is.'

Since you want to label him a 'game manager' and people disagree, they are obviously saying he is a great QB?

As usual, over-exaggerate to TRY to make a point.

I am an Eagles fan. I will be open about that.

That being said, Mad Dog must need glasses. I don't recall Nick Foles being the one out there letting the Saints run all over the league's shittiest d-line. He gave the team the lead and the defense let the Saints run the ball all over them. 

Also, you bust Foles' balls for taking sacks instead of "taking a chance of throwing an INT". Maybe he should be Brandon Weeden and launch the ball up even if it s a horrible idea? If Foles had given the ball over to the Saints, the game would not have come down to a field goal. The Saints would have put the game away due to Foles making poor decisions. But since Foles isn't a helmethead like TMD, he made the smart moves. They look ugly to people who don't know their [BLEEP] from a doorknob. But he put his team in position to win. 

I won't sit here and try to convince TMD of anything for the same reasons I don't try to explain calculus to a brain injury patient. It frustrates me and he will never learn. 

Quote:'Nowhere near as good of a QB as some of these people think he is.'

Since you want to label him a 'game manager' and people disagree, they are obviously saying he is a great QB?

As usual, over-exaggerate to TRY to make a point.
Yeah he thinks in black and white like a toddler. Things are either great or the worst ever. "Peas are gross and the worst food that has ever been, mommy."