Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Nick Foles

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2013, 06:44 PM by haveaseat.)

I know I'm gonna get blasted but hear me out. Would it be wise to work a trade for Foles? The guy is still getting his feet wet in the league and shows a ton of potential. Vick is more suited for Chip Kelly's offense because of his quick feet which overshadowed the fact that Foles was neck and neck with Vick in winning the job. Solid in the pocket, goes through his reads and can be mobile when he needs to be.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

someone give me a fire hose

Quote:someone give me a fire hose

Ha. Man, I'm so ready for a decent QB already.

Can't trade away picks on a team in need of so many things including quarterback.  We are depleted of talent.  Draft picks will be our lifeblood to get back into relevancy.   

Gene's Myth

Would be worth a shot provided we didn't have to give up much. 

Its like people desperately want to ruin our chances of getting a real QB this upcoming draft....they all want to bring whatever players it will take to get those extra 2-3 wins this season so we screw up our draft position...

I know in the JDR days I used to joke around that a segment of this fan base embraces mediocrity.....maybe I was more correct than I thought..

I would actively pursue a guy like Foles or Cousins.  Giving up even a 2nd round pick (about the same value as the Alex Smith trade) seems reasonable.  They appear to be pretty good potential players.

Before everyone goes crazy about calling our draft picks the most important - yes they are the most important, but they are also not guaranteed to work.  In fact, given our recent track record, they are more likely NOT to pan out.

Giving a shot to some guys who have at least played sparingly in the NFL, and have done well, appears almost safer than gambling on a rookie.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:I would actively pursue a guy like Foles or Cousins.  Giving up even a 2nd round pick (about the same value as the Alex Smith trade) seems reasonable.  They appear to be pretty good potential players.

Before everyone goes crazy about calling our draft picks the most important - yes they are the most important, but they are also not guaranteed to work.  In fact, given our recent track record, they are more likely NOT to pan out.

Giving a shot to some guys who have at least played sparingly in the NFL, and have done well, appears almost safer than gambling on a rookie.

Yeah, but I doubt the Skins are gonna let go of Cousins with RG3's lingering injury.

Can we put this in NFL at Large?

Making up

Evidence

Depending on

Information

Available

Quote:I would actively pursue a guy like Foles or Cousins.  Giving up even a 2nd round pick (about the same value as the Alex Smith trade) seems reasonable.  They appear to be pretty good potential players.

except Foles stinks. 

Cousins?.....yeah....but I wouldn't want to bring him in until after the season - and only if we don't get Bridgewater. 

Quote:except Foles stinks. 

Cousins?.....yeah....but I wouldn't want to bring him in until after the season - and only if we don't get Bridgewater. 

Weren't you a huge Foles fan not too long ago? 

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2013, 10:27 PM by Adam2012.)

This is probably a silly topic because:

a)I think Caldwell cherishes draft picks while he's rebuilding; and

B)why would their team give up Foles when he has an aging and injury-prone QB in front of him, and Cousins has a QB in front of him who just had surgery and whose knee may fall off at any moment.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Ha. Thought this was fantasy board cause Vick is injuryprone. No, I don't want Foles

Foles? Ha....no

;

;

I still think Foles has potential.  He beat out Barkley, didn't he? Tongue

But nah, not enough to trade for him.  Plus he needs a really good offensive line.  We don't have that.

Quote:Weren't you a huge Foles fan not too long ago? 

I liked what I saw early, but then he really started to show a lot of bad things. I know....you're not allowed to change your opinion around here unless you're....well....anyone else on the board except TMD, I get it..

Freenman has been good in the past with the Bucs it not like his skills went away hes better then Foles and could get him for cheap now that the Bucs benched him trade to get him if any QB

Quote:I liked what I saw early, but then he really started to show a lot of bad things. I know....you're not allowed to change your opinion around here unless you're....well....anyone else on the board except TMD, I get it..

I never said or even implied any of that. It was just out of curiosity.  

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2013, 07:47 PM by JAXsonVIL.)

MJD for Foles straight up.

Quote:MJD for Foles straight up.

MJD and Henne for Foles and Brandon Graham.