Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Nick Foles

an analyst for the new york giants, seems legit.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The analysts that agree with TMD are the only ones that are right. The analysts that disagree with TMD are lackluster at best.

Quote:pretty much along the same lines as I reported that Greg Cosell also said about Foles....

:yes:

Told you all...

Thanks for the find, D6! 

I'm glad to share the audio link.  

From my perspective,  I'm interested in seeing both sides of the discussion.   While I greatly respect the opinions of Greg Cosell and Carl Banks,  I'm confident that there are a significant number of analysts that believe Nick Foles will be a long term successful NFL QB.

Nick Foles has an excellent opportunity put a firm grip on the Eagles starting QB job beyond 2013 season if he leads the Eagles to the NFC East Title, and performs well in the playoffs,  win or lose.   Foles is going to be on the big stage in the remaining games this season,  starting with the game vs. the Bears tonight.   

In 2014,  Foles is going to have to take the next step or two in his development,  as opposing Defenses will have the off-season to study Foles and Chip Kelly's Offense in general.    A year from now,  I think expectations for Foles'  long term future will be noticeably more clear than currently is the case.  Right now,  I'm on the fence with my opinion of Foles.  

Looks pretty damn good to me.

TMD thinks that Kirk Cousins is "significantly better" than Nick Foles.

LOL.

Quote:TMD thinks that Kirk Cousins is "significantly better" than Nick Foles.

LOL.

Yesterday Cousins was terrible, esp on the final drive. 

However, switch the 2 QB (put Cousins on Philly with Kelly's offense and put Foles in Washington) and Foles stats would be garbage and he'd be losing, and Cousins would be lighting it up and winning. 

Quote:Yesterday Cousins was terrible, esp on the final drive.

However, switch the 2 QB (put Cousins on Philly with Kelly's offense and put Foles in Washington) and Foles stats would be garbage and he'd be losing, and Cousins would be lighting it up and winning.

Great statement which you can't prove.

So what you are saying is Kelly is the best coach and it doesn't matter who plays qb? So who's fault is it if foles starts playing badly?

Quote:Yesterday Cousins was terrible, esp on the final drive. 

C'mon son. This post is garbage and you know it. 

Cousins couldn't light up a fire if you have him gasoline and a match.

TMD thinks Cousins is good. That tells you all you need to know about his ability to evaluate a QB.

lol the mad dog getting crapped on and trying to shield himself with more crap. lolol classic.

Quote:Cousins couldn't light up a fire if you have him gasoline and a match.

TMD thinks Cousins is good. That tells you all you need to know about his ability to evaluate a QB.

LOL, you think Carr will be a good pro, lolz

Quote:LOL, you think Carr will be a good pro, lolz

No, I don't know one way or the other. Like I said, I can't stand the way he shuffles his feet before he throws. That is not good and it worries me that it hasn't been corrected. I want Bridgewater.

Regardless, Cousins already sucks and this is proven. You think he is good.

Quote:C'mon son. This post is garbage and you know it. 
I never agree with TMD, (until now) however anyone would look less than stellar behind that Washington line.

Quote:I know I'm gonna get blasted but hear me out. Would it be wise to work a trade for Foles? The guy is still getting his feet wet in the league and shows a ton of potential. Vick is more suited for Chip Kelly's offense because of his quick feet which overshadowed the fact that Foles was neck and neck with Vick in winning the job. Solid in the pocket, goes through his reads and can be mobile when he needs to be.
He looks to be a franchise QB. Why would they trade him?

Quote:He looks to be a franchise QB. Why would they trade him?

lol, Nick Foles is not a franchise QB. He's had a Garrard 2007 type year, which is a very good season, but a closer look into some of his good fortune as Cosell and others have been doing, illustrates a QB that is not an elite level QB, but well coached and has been somewhat lucky especially on some of those would be INT's that have bounced off opponents mitts/ and or negated by penalty. 

Foles will take a step backwards next season as his numbers make a correction. 

Quote:I never agree with TMD, (until now) however anyone would look less than stellar behind that Washington line.

Yep, and Foles among other benefits (kelly) has also benefited from an Eagle O line that is very good and has mostly remained in tact all season. 

Quote:lol, Nick Foles is not a franchise QB. He's had a Garrard 2007 type year, which is a very good season, but a closer look into some of his good fortune as Cosell and others have been doing, illustrates a QB that is not an elite level QB, but well coached and has been somewhat lucky especially on some of those would be INT's that have bounced off opponents mitts/ and or negated by penalty. 

Foles will take a step backwards next season as his numbers make a correction. 
(scribbles note)

Okay.

But to be honest, his year's been much better than Garrard's 2007.  And the term "franchise QB" is exceedingly subjective, with some folks thinking there are only 4 in the entire NFL.

Foles is better than you're stating, but now that you've taken a position, time to ride it for all you've got.

Quote:(scribbles note)

Okay.

But to be honest, his year's been much better than Garrard's 2007.  And the term "franchise QB" is exceedingly subjective, with some folks thinking there are only 4 in the entire NFL.

Foles is better than you're stating, but now that you've taken a position, time to ride it for all you've got.

Foles also has been the benefactor of an easier schedule that Garrard faced in 2007. 

Are you even aware of just how many bad teams and bad defenses Foles has faced this season?? I can't think of a good one that he has faced. 

Quote:He looks to be a franchise QB. Why would they trade him?

I made this thread when Vick was the starter when the season began. They aren't trading Foles now.

Foles will do just fine. TMD just makes noise. No rhyme or reason. Just chases his tail.