Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Annoyances Thread

(12-10-2018, 04:24 AM)DragonFury Wrote: Look at you dinosaurs still using ATM's.

Occasionally, it's nice to have cash.  What do you use?  Government vouchers?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2018, 08:24 AM by homebiscuit.)

(12-10-2018, 04:24 AM)DragonFury Wrote: Look at you dinosaurs still using ATM's.

Reaching the buttons with little T-Rex arms is a real challenge.

I cannot decide. I have two equally attractive choices, and I am having a very hard time deciding.

(12-10-2018, 07:10 AM)Sneakers Wrote:

Occasionally, it's nice to have cash.  What do you use?  Government vouchers?

Contactless bank card. Only time I used cash in the past 6 months was at a concert where the merchandise booth didn't have a PIN machine.

When you think about it, cash is government vouchers.

That was my deep thought for the day. It almost hurt.

(12-10-2018, 08:38 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I cannot decide.   I have two equally attractive choices, and I am having a very hard time deciding.

Emulate my brother. When confronted with such a situation he creates a third, worst possible decision option, and goes with that. He’s one of those ‘smartest guy in the room’ people.

But with no other information to go on, I recommend you flip a coin.

(12-10-2018, 08:38 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I cannot decide.   I have two equally attractive choices, and I am having a very hard time deciding.

BE VERY CAREFUL!! One of them is really a man.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(12-10-2018, 11:28 AM)Jagwired Wrote:

BE VERY CAREFUL!! One of them is really a man.

Usually you pay extra for that. If she's the same price as the regular hooker you're getting a pretty sweet deal there Marty.

(12-10-2018, 11:44 AM)DragonFury Wrote:
(12-10-2018, 11:28 AM)Jagwired Wrote: BE VERY CAREFUL!! One of them is really a man.

Usually you pay extra for that. If she's the same price as the regular hooker you're getting a pretty sweet deal there Marty.

TMI

(12-10-2018, 09:07 AM)DragonFury Wrote: Contactless bank card. Only time I used cash in the past 6 months was at a concert where the merchandise booth didn't have a PIN machine.

How do you tip the ladies, wave it over the G-string?

Expecting a package and finding the "you weren't home" card in your hallway even though I WAS AT HOME THE ENTIRE [BLEEP] DAY.

(12-10-2018, 09:07 AM)DragonFury Wrote:
(12-10-2018, 07:10 AM)Sneakers Wrote: Occasionally, it's nice to have cash.  What do you use?  Government vouchers?

Contactless bank card. Only time I used cash in the past 6 months was at a concert where the merchandise booth didn't have a PIN machine.

First off, I am a bit behind in this thread so I clicked on the last page.  With that said "cash" over here is the last bastion thwarting the governmental machine.  I cannot imagine willingly allowing "big brother" looking over your shoulder at every step of your life by using credit/debit cards.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(12-15-2018, 07:19 PM)copycat Wrote:
(12-10-2018, 09:07 AM)DragonFury Wrote: Contactless bank card. Only time I used cash in the past 6 months was at a concert where the merchandise booth didn't have a PIN machine.

First off, I am a bit behind in this thread so I clicked on the last page.  With that said "cash" over here is the last bastion thwarting the governmental machine.  I cannot imagine willingly allowing "big brother" looking over your shoulder at every step of your life by using credit/debit cards.

Maybe it's because our politicians haven't willingly sold out to corporate interests.

(12-15-2018, 08:34 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(12-15-2018, 07:19 PM)copycat Wrote: First off, I am a bit behind in this thread so I clicked on the last page.  With that said "cash" over here is the last bastion thwarting the governmental machine.  I cannot imagine willingly allowing "big brother" looking over your shoulder at every step of your life by using credit/debit cards.

Maybe it's because our politicians haven't willingly sold out to corporate interests.

That you admit too.  Power corrupts.  History is replete with examples.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(12-15-2018, 07:19 PM)copycat Wrote:   I cannot imagine willingly allowing "big brother" looking over your shoulder at every step of your life by using credit/debit cards.

I understand some men occasionally pay for a bar tab or a round of golf with cash, simply to prevent their wife from learning of said activity.  It allows one to have plausible deniability.  I personally have no knowledge of such actions.

(12-15-2018, 08:34 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(12-15-2018, 07:19 PM)copycat Wrote: First off, I am a bit behind in this thread so I clicked on the last page.  With that said "cash" over here is the last bastion thwarting the governmental machine.  I cannot imagine willingly allowing "big brother" looking over your shoulder at every step of your life by using credit/debit cards.

Denial is more than just a river in Africa.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Political discussions in this thread are annoying. Where's a mod when we need one.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Welp.

Here's a classic.
Lost car keys.

Almost never happens to me for more than a few minutes, but I've turned the house upside down and can't find the only remaining key to my pickup. My GF has my car till 10pm - so I'm somewhat stranded. May have to uber to the grocery store!

I keep 2 complete extra sets of house/car keys in the kitchen junk drawer, because this happens to me all the time.

You gotta keep one step ahead of your brain when you've got one like mine. Unfortunately, I can't keep an extra wallet around.

(12-18-2018, 05:51 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Welp.

Here's a classic.
Lost car keys.

Almost never happens to me for more than a few minutes, but I've turned the house upside down and can't find the only remaining key to my pickup. My GF has my car till 10pm - so I'm somewhat stranded. May have to uber to the grocery store!

After something like this, have you ever found what you were looking for in a place that you had previously looked multiple times?