Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Annoyances Thread

(04-20-2019, 01:49 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-19-2019, 09:58 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Perhaps you might try conducting your "transactions" someplace other than the Gator Midtown Lodge.

FTFY, don't want out of town guests to be confused.

The name may change, the mattresses serve on.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-21-2019, 07:30 PM)Rico Wrote:
(04-21-2019, 06:36 PM)PF* Wrote: What did you do to it?

Dislocated my right ankle and broke two bones in my lower leg.  Instead of pointing straight ahead, my foot was pointing at about 2:00 and was completely out of joint.

It may be too personal to ask how but you can PM me if you want. Man, that's awful, I feel for you and hope the recovery goes well.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Dislocated my right ankle and broke two bones in my lower leg.  Instead of pointing straight ahead, my foot was pointing at about 2:00 and was completely out of joint.

If this doesn't justify development of a spoilerr tag, I don't know what will.

Yowza.

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2019, 10:17 AM by RicoTx.)

(04-22-2019, 08:30 AM)PF* Wrote:
(04-21-2019, 07:30 PM)Rico Wrote: Dislocated my right ankle and broke two bones in my lower leg.  Instead of pointing straight ahead, my foot was pointing at about 2:00 and was completely out of joint.

It may be too personal to ask how but you can PM me if you want. Man, that's awful, I feel for you and hope the recovery goes well.

I covered it in another thread, I think, but will explain again.  

I was working in the garage and it was raining.  I slipped on the wet floor with my left foot and my right leg pretty much 'folded up' underneath me.  It almost happened in slo-mo.  Quite honestly, I'm surprised I didn't [BLEEP] up my knee too because my right foot pretty much touched my [BLEEP].  I knew it was going to be bad before I ever looked.  I felt the ankle pop.  It was pretty gruesome looking (especially since it was my damn foot).  I see the ortho at 2:00.  Hopefully I don't need any surgery.  I'll find out in a few hours.

Still in a pretty good amount of pain.  If I miss my pain med dose, I sure know it.

Plus I haven't had to use crutches in almost 40 years.  It's a lot tougher at 63 than it was at 25.  I'm exhausted by the end of the day.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Get one of those knee walkers. It will save your underarms!

https://www.ezwalkerrollators.com/produc...WYQAvD_BwE

That’s just an example. They sell them on amazon.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(04-22-2019, 10:23 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Get one of those knee walkers. It will save your underarms!

Already thought about that.  Depends on what they do at JOI today.  The splint comes up above my knee so my whole leg is pretty much immobilized.  Hopefully they reduce the size of the splint/brace.

(04-22-2019, 10:14 AM)Rico Wrote:
(04-22-2019, 08:30 AM)PF* Wrote: It may be too personal to ask how but you can PM me if you want. Man, that's awful, I feel for you and hope the recovery goes well.

I covered it in another thread, I think, but will explain again.  

I was working in the garage and it was raining.  I slipped on the wet floor with my left foot and my right leg pretty much 'folded up' underneath me.  It almost happened in slo-mo.  Quite honestly, I'm surprised I didn't [BLEEP] up my knee too because my right foot pretty much touched my [BLEEP].  I knew it was going to be bad before I ever looked.  I felt the ankle pop.  It was pretty gruesome looking (especially since it was my damn foot).  I see the ortho at 2:00.  Hopefully I don't need any surgery.  I'll find out in a few hours.

Still in a pretty good amount of pain.  If I miss my pain med dose, I sure know it.

Plus I haven't had to use crutches in almost 40 years.  It's a lot tougher at 63 than it was at 25.  I'm exhausted by the end of the day.

Didn't see it in another thread, that sounds pretty bad.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(04-21-2019, 08:28 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(04-20-2019, 01:49 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: FTFY, don't want out of town guests to be confused.

The endearing and enduring home of generations of bedbugs.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-21-2019, 08:28 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(04-20-2019, 01:49 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: FTFY, don't want out of town guests to be confused.

I know Candy and Cindy may not be much to look at but you can at least call them by their actual names.

This sucks so bad. Surgery tomorrow at 12:30. I'm mot going to be back to normal for a solid six momths. I saw the xrays for the first time and they basically have to reconstruct my ankle. [BLEEP].

(04-22-2019, 04:33 PM)Rico Wrote: This sucks so bad.  Surgery tomorrow at 12:30. I'm mot going to be back to normal for a solid six momths.  I saw the xrays for the first time and they basically have to reconstruct my ankle.  [BLEEP].

Sorry to hear that. I hope the surgery goes well.

(04-22-2019, 04:33 PM)Rico Wrote: This sucks so bad. Surgery tomorrow at 12:30. I'm mot going to be back to normal for a solid six momths. I saw the xrays for the first time and they basically have to reconstruct my ankle. [BLEEP].

Hope all goes well!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(04-22-2019, 04:33 PM)Rico Wrote: This sucks so bad.  Surgery tomorrow at 12:30. I'm mot going to be back to normal for a solid six momths.  I saw the xrays for the first time and they basically have to reconstruct my ankle.  [BLEEP].

Ask for the upgrade.

[Image: lee-majors-9542613-1-402.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2019, 07:33 AM by copycat.)

Ouch!  Get well soon.

That does suck Rico.  Hoping for a successful surgery and a quick recovery.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Why the hell does DHL have a service to plan your delivery if they're just going to show up whenever they damn well please? I'm not at home at 1PM, that's why I planned the delivery for after 5PM you useless [BLEEP]!

(04-23-2019, 07:50 AM)DragonFury Wrote: Why the hell does DHL have a service to plan your delivery if they're just going to show up whenever they damn well please? I'm not at home at 1PM, that's why I planned the delivery for after 5PM you useless [BLEEP]!

Now copy & paste this and send it to DHL.

Ugh.
Hope it goes well today and the recovery speeds along better than anticipated.

(04-22-2019, 09:49 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Ask for the upgrade.

[Image: lee-majors-9542613-1-402.jpg]

Why not, a week in the hospital probably costs six million now anyway.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2019, 09:10 AM by Mikey.)

(04-22-2019, 10:34 AM)Rico Wrote:
(04-22-2019, 10:23 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Get one of those knee walkers. It will save your underarms!

Already thought about that.  Depends on what they do at JOI today.  The splint comes up above my knee so my whole leg is pretty much immobilized.  Hopefully they reduce the size of the splint/brace.

@get a rascal instead@

seriously, hope everything goes well with surgery. Keep positive....you'll be back to 91% in no time.

(04-23-2019, 07:50 AM)DragonFury Wrote: Why the hell does DHL have a service to plan your delivery if they're just going to show up whenever they damn well please? I'm not at home at 1PM, that's why I planned the delivery for after 5PM you useless [BLEEP]!

@Did you specify 5pm in a different time zone?@

On my way dowtown to JOI.

Here we go...