Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Annoyances Thread

(05-04-2020, 01:14 PM)Rico Wrote: When you're wiping your [BLEEP] and your finger tears through the toilet paper.

That comes out of your 15 squares/day allotment, pal. Don't think you can take an extra 3 squares because of your, ahem, "accident".
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 05-04-2020, 05:23 PM by Jags.)

(05-04-2020, 01:14 PM)Rico Wrote: When you're wiping your [BLEEP] and your finger tears through the toilet paper.

Sounds like someone had a hard time finding good TP.  Here’s what you do.  Go to some podunk town, let’s just pull...oh idk... st George, Ga. out our butts.  Go to the dollar general.  They’ve got the good stuff and all the cheaper ones are picked over.  

During the beginning of all this, we visited the wife’s family.  Had to enter that joint.  Wife say to look for TP.  Well, all they had left was what we bought and the big [BLEEP] packages of it.  Not trying to make fun of those people up there by any means.  Either that or don’t wipe as hard.  Be gentle to your anus.  Cottonelle flushable wipes are good as well.  You can get the job done and done well in short order.

(05-04-2020, 01:45 PM)Sammy Wrote:
(04-16-2020, 06:07 AM)Jags Wrote: I kinda like how Wu Flu sounds.

I'm sticking with Kung-Flu

I like the ring of that one as well.  Hope Rico washes well or trims his nails, otherwise he’ll be dealing with the dung-flu

[Image: i3JS5Oxmcu.jpg]
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(05-04-2020, 06:37 PM)Sneakers Wrote:

[Image: i3JS5Oxmcu.jpg]

Back when I was a kid we didn’t have a nozzle.  We had to use a quarter in drive socket hose clamped onto the end of the hose to get a decent pressure.

(This post was last modified: 05-05-2020, 07:37 PM by Jags.)

Lost the “gummy” whatever it’s called off my earbud.  I’ve got active noise canceling earphones that work well.  After losing that gummy it rendered  it useless. So I took them off.   That was lawn 2 of 23.  I didn’t realize (wether listening to music or not) how useful they were.  Drove me bonkers.  I felt naked.  Kept grabbing at the non existent earbuds before and after every lawn.  It truly made the day almost unbearable and almost never ending.

[BLEEP] your carol baskins

Here’s an anti entry into this thread. I was pleasantly surprised by an estimate I received today. We’ve had people over for all kinda of stuff over the years (pools, sunrooms, screenrooms, floors and patio). Not all at the same time. They advertise a price for whatever and it increases significantly once the estimate and options are included. My 30k pool came out to 65k. Yeah...NO. After 12 years in the house, we got an estimate for a paver patio. Something we’ve been wanting for a while. We have our budget and was afraid we’d have that decision of taking less than what we wanted or paying more for it. This company comes out with a 5 star review and comes in well under budget with “no hidden charges”. I am not the guy to go lowest bidder if it means neglecting quality. But, I’m pretty damn excited about this.

The ad at the top of the page is for team-logo masks. Three teams, none are the Jags. This is a Jags message board, how stupid is that?

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(05-11-2020, 10:09 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: The ad at the top of the page is for team-logo masks. Three teams, none are the Jags. This is a Jags message board, how stupid is that?
Presenting the Jaguars mask......

[Image: NFL419.jpg]
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(05-11-2020, 11:11 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(05-11-2020, 10:09 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: The ad at the top of the page is for team-logo masks. Three teams, none are the Jags. This is a Jags message board, how stupid is that?
Presenting the Jaguars mask......

[Image: NFL419.jpg]

That’s funny, right there.

Not knowing how much you use your stomach muscles until you have laparoscopic gallbladder surgery.

Spoiler alert: it’s a lot!!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(05-15-2020, 01:09 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Not knowing how much you use your stomach muscles until you have laparoscopic gallbladder surgery.

No Comedy Central for you. 

My wife had laparoscopic surgery for an ectopic pregnancy, years ago. Those three small incisions kept her sore for quite a while.

Get well soon!

(05-18-2020, 07:36 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(05-15-2020, 01:09 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Not knowing how much you use your stomach muscles until you have laparoscopic gallbladder surgery.

No Comedy Central for you. 

My wife had laparoscopic surgery for an ectopic pregnancy, years ago. Those three small incisions kept her sore for quite a while.

Get well soon!

Thank you! They definitely aren’t a whole lot of fun, that’s for sure!

(05-18-2020, 05:57 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(05-18-2020, 07:36 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: No Comedy Central for you. 

Get well soon!

Thank you! They definitely aren’t a whole lot of fun, that’s for sure!

Hope yours turns out better than mine did.  Cry

(05-18-2020, 06:01 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(05-18-2020, 05:57 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Thank you! They definitely aren’t a whole lot of fun, that’s for sure!

Hope yours turns out better than mine did.  Cry

What happened with yours?

(05-19-2020, 02:53 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(05-18-2020, 06:01 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Hope yours turns out better than mine did.  Cry

What happened with yours?

Senorita Fantastica. 

No one wants to talk about it.

Days that begin with 7am conference calls and end with 8pm conference calls.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Trying to grow gardenias. I give up!

(05-19-2020, 08:54 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Trying to grow gardenias. I give up!

Got two blooms on mine this year so far. LOL
They are stubborn for the not-so-green-of-thumb like myself.

(05-19-2020, 09:26 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-19-2020, 08:54 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Trying to grow gardenias. I give up!

Got two blooms on mine this year so far. LOL

About 20 years ago, my wife and I were visiting some friends who had some large gardenias in their front yard.  So my wife pinches off a small shoot and takes it home and puts it in a pot in the back yard.  And there it sat for about 10 years, in a pot full of mud, through freezes, heat waves, droughts, hurricanes, you name it.   Then we moved about 10 years ago, and that pot with that pathetic little gardenia was one of the last things we took to our new house.  We wanted to use the pot, so we took out the gardenia and planted it in the corner of the yard away from everything.  And there it sat for some more years, until a couple of years ago, it decided to grow.  And today it's about 5 feet tall with some really beautiful white flowers.  It's the ultimate survivor.

(05-19-2020, 12:20 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(05-19-2020, 09:26 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Got two blooms on mine this year so far. LOL

About 20 years ago, my wife and I were visiting some friends who had some large gardenias in their front yard.  So my wife pinches off a small shoot and takes it home and puts it in a pot in the back yard.  And there it sat for about 10 years, in a pot full of mud, through freezes, heat waves, droughts, hurricanes, you name it.   Then we moved about 10 years ago, and that pot with that pathetic little gardenia was one of the last things we took to our new house.  We wanted to use the pot, so we took out the gardenia and planted it in the corner of the yard away from everything.  And there it sat for some more years, until a couple of years ago, it decided to grow.  And today it's about 5 feet tall with some really beautiful white flowers.  It's the ultimate survivor.

You’re not helping, Marty! Angry