Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Annoyances Thread

(10-21-2020, 09:26 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: I can’t stand when somebody interrupts me while I’m speaking.. whether it’s to say something or they notice something else and rudely interrupt me. Huge pet peeve

If you would just stop talking occasionally, people wouldn't interrupt you so much.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I heard you can use beer as a corona-virus test. You open a beer, smell it to make sure you still have a sense of smell. Then you drink it to make sure you still have your sense of taste.  I took the test 19 straight times yesterday, and was totally convinced I was negative …  Until I woke up this morning feeling horribly sick, weak, and painfully unmotivated. I think I have it.

(10-21-2020, 02:58 PM)Sammy Wrote: I heard you can use beer as a corona-virus test. You open a beer, smell it to make sure you still have a sense of smell. Then you drink it to make sure you still have your sense of taste.  I took the test 19 straight times yesterday, and was totally convinced I was negative …  Until I woke up this morning feeling horribly sick, weak, and painfully unmotivated. I think I have it.

You better retest!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(10-21-2020, 02:58 PM)Sammy Wrote: I heard you can use beer as a corona-virus test. You open a beer, smell it to make sure you still have a sense of smell. Then you drink it to make sure you still have your sense of taste.  I took the test 19 straight times yesterday, and was totally convinced I was negative …  Until I woke up this morning feeling horribly sick, weak, and painfully unmotivated. I think I have it.

That test works well with Woodford Reserve as well.  The bonus is that it works as medication as well.

[Image: 11770058768414-1-1.png]

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(10-21-2020, 03:41 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

That test works well with Woodford Reserve as well.  The bonus is that it works as medication as well.

Which brings to mind a "fun" craptastic fact about me. I have an ALDH2 deficiency which means I cannot metabolize alcohol without literally poisoning myself with acetaldehyde, a carcinogen and toxic compound that stores up in the body. My body cannot get rid of the toxin by itself so I have to take a supplement to help my body get rid of it, but it's a very slow process and I can never drink alcohol without doing further damage. 

I can never have a cold beer, rum and eggnog, honey whiskey or a glass of hot Gluhwein ever again in my life. The holidays are gonna suck this year.  Wallbash

(10-21-2020, 09:38 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(10-21-2020, 03:41 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: That test works well with Woodford Reserve as well.  The bonus is that it works as medication as well.

Which brings to mind a "fun" craptastic fact about me. I have an ALDH2 deficiency which means I cannot metabolize alcohol without literally poisoning myself with acetaldehyde, a carcinogen and toxic compound that stores up in the body. My body cannot get rid of the toxin by itself so I have to take a supplement to help my body get rid of it, but it's a very slow process and I can never drink alcohol without doing further damage. 

I can never have a cold beer, rum and eggnog, honey whiskey or a glass of hot Gluhwein ever again in my life. The holidays are gonna suck this year.  Wallbash

Oh wow! That sounds like a horrible condition to have to deal with!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(10-21-2020, 11:28 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(10-21-2020, 09:38 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Which brings to mind a "fun" craptastic fact about me. I have an ALDH2 deficiency which means I cannot metabolize alcohol without literally poisoning myself with acetaldehyde, a carcinogen and toxic compound that stores up in the body. My body cannot get rid of the toxin by itself so I have to take a supplement to help my body get rid of it, but it's a very slow process and I can never drink alcohol without doing further damage. 

Oh wow! That sounds like a horrible condition to have to deal with!

It sucks! I'm just glad I'm not an alcoholic. I'd probably have died years ago from acetaldehyde poisoning. I found out about it just as covid was shutting the country down. Bad time to quit. Lol.

(10-21-2020, 09:38 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(10-21-2020, 03:41 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: That test works well with Woodford Reserve as well.  The bonus is that it works as medication as well.

....and I thought lactose intolerance sucked.

Would it help if we did our darnedest to rid the earth of booze, one bottle at a time? I can start ASAP, just let me know.

(10-22-2020, 08:48 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(10-21-2020, 09:38 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Which brings to mind a "fun" craptastic fact about me. I have an ALDH2 deficiency which means I cannot metabolize alcohol without literally poisoning myself with acetaldehyde, a carcinogen and toxic compound that stores up in the body. My body cannot get rid of the toxin by itself so I have to take a supplement to help my body get rid of it, but it's a very slow process and I can never drink alcohol without doing further damage. 

....and I thought lactose intolerance sucked.

Would it help if we did our darnedest to rid the earth of booze, one bottle at a time? I can start ASAP, just let me know.

That would be great, thanks!  Big Grin

When you’ve got everything you came for at the grocery store and there are 2 lines ready to check you out and your wife says “oh, let me grab some (insert item) and then you’re waiting forever to check out.

(10-24-2020, 08:10 PM)Jags Wrote: When you’ve got everything you came for at the grocery store and there are 2 lines ready to check you out and your wife says “oh, let me grab some (insert item) and then you’re waiting forever to check out.

My wife does that when we're already in line and our stuff is on the conveyor belt.

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2020, 08:29 PM by Jags.)

(10-24-2020, 08:12 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-24-2020, 08:10 PM)Jags Wrote: When you’ve got everything you came for at the grocery store and there are 2 lines ready to check you out and your wife says “oh, let me grab some (insert item) and then you’re waiting forever to check out.

My wife does that when we're already in line and our stuff is on the conveyor belt.

Well, you win.  

So do you pull the stuff off and get the other stuff? If so, you must really love her.  Which is a good thing.  But if you say “look woman! We need to go”. That’s totally understandable too.

Oh, [BLEEP], She doesn’t make you run and grab it does she?

(10-24-2020, 08:28 PM)Jags Wrote:
(10-24-2020, 08:12 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: My wife does that when we're already in line and our stuff is on the conveyor belt.

Well, you win.  

So do you pull the stuff off and get the other stuff? If so, you must really love her.  Which is a good thing.  But if you say “look woman! We need to go”. That’s totally understandable too.

Oh, [BLEEP],   She doesn’t make you run and grab it does she?

I don't sweat it anymore. If she doesn't make it back she can stand in line and pay for it separately. But somehow she always gets back in time. 

My biggest annoyance is her delay in getting out of the truck any time we park to go in somewhere. 

If she were to play a part in a slasher movie there would be quick cut edits showing a demented killer dragging an injured leg, carrying an ax, lurching towards the truck from 100 yards away; then to my wife sitting in the truck looking through her purse; then to me in growing alarm standing outside the truck urging her to hurry; then back to the killer edging closer to the truck; then back to my wife now looking in the glove compartment; then back to the killer only 50 yards away; then back to my wife looking in her purse again; then to me almost in panic and yelling for her to hurry; then back to the killer only 25 yards away; then back to my wife with the visor flipped down and fixing herself in the vanity mirror; then back to me in full panic ready to run; then back to the killer at the rear of the truck; then back to my wife with the door open but for some inexplicable reason looking through her purse again; then to me abandoning all chivalry and running for my life; then back to my wife out of the truck but leaning back in to get her phone; then to the demented killer (screeching violins) with ax raised in bloodthirsty lust...

{roll credits}

(10-24-2020, 09:18 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-24-2020, 08:28 PM)Jags Wrote: Well, you win.  

Oh, [BLEEP],   She doesn’t make you run and grab it does she?

I don't sweat it anymore. If she doesn't make it back she can stand in line and pay for it separately. But somehow she always gets back in time. 

My biggest annoyance is her delay in getting out of the truck any time we park to go in somewhere. 

If she were to play a part in a slasher movie there would be quick cut edits showing a demented killer dragging an injured leg, carrying an ax, lurching towards the truck from 100 yards away; then to my wife sitting in the truck looking through her purse; then to me in growing alarm standing outside the truck urging her to hurry; then back to the killer edging closer to the truck; then back to my wife now looking in the glove compartment; then back to the killer only 50 yards away; then back to my wife looking in her purse again; then to me almost in panic and yelling for her to hurry; then back to the killer only 25 yards away; then back to my wife with the visor flipped down and fixing herself in the vanity mirror; then back to me in full panic ready to run; then back to the killer at the rear of the truck; then back to my wife with the door open but for some inexplicable reason looking through her purse again; then to me abandoning all chivalry and running for my life; then back to my wife out of the truck but leaning back in to get her phone; then to the demented killer (screeching violins) with ax raised in bloodthirsty lust...

{roll credits}

Lmbo.  I’ve just got to smile while reading that.  Well thought out and descriptive.  My wife’s vehicle and mine both unlock all doors when turned off and driver door opens.  I can’t tell you how many times she’s driven we get parked, I get out and repetitively pull the rear door handle to get my daughter out but it’s locked.  Turn the car off and let’s go!!!!   I’ve since learned when we park to hit the unlock button on my side, grab my daughter and go.

When someone tries to talk to me while I'm mowing the lawn. I've got this loud motor thrashing in front of me and I look up and there is someone 20 feet away talking and I can only see their mouth move.

This better be good.

So I shut the mower off and 9 times out of 10 it's something completely pedestrian: "The sky is blue."

Or today my wife asking me "Do you want to eat?"

"No! I'm mowing the lawn!"

(sigh) Good gravy...

(10-31-2020, 09:05 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: When someone tries to talk to me while I'm mowing the lawn. I've got this loud motor thrashing in front of me and I look up and there is someone 20 feet away talking and I can only see their mouth move.

This better be good.

So I shut the mower off and 9 times out of 10 it's something completely pedestrian: "The sky is blue."

(sigh) Good gravy...

+1!!!!

Add in having headphones in your ears.  Stop the mower, stop the music, I’m sorry Mr or Mrs “x”, I didn’t catch that.  

“Oh, I was just saying Hello”.  

Even worse when I’m blowing off.  I actually have to take the blower off set it down to restart it.  What in the world makes you think I can hear a damn thing you say?   Heck, with all the mowers and music in my ear over the years I probably can’t even hear you if we were in a library.

(10-31-2020, 09:14 PM)Jags Wrote:
(10-31-2020, 09:05 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: When someone tries to talk to me while I'm mowing the lawn. I've got this loud motor thrashing in front of me and I look up and there is someone 20 feet away talking and I can only see their mouth move.

This better be good.

(sigh) Good gravy...

+1!!!!

Add in having headphones in your ears.  Stop the mower, stop the music, I’m sorry Mr or Mrs “x”, I didn’t catch that.  

Even worse when I’m blowing off.  I actually have to take the blower off set it down to restart it.  What in the world makes you think I can hear a damn thing you say?   Heck, with all the mowers and music in my ear over the years I probably can’t even hear you if we were in a library.

Lol can't tell you how many times the neighbors try to get my attention by walking out as I go by on a tractor. 

Power tractor down, point to my earbuds while their mouth is moving. Take earbuds out. "Want a drink? you look hot" as they try to hand me a solo cup of grey goose. 

It's 3pm, it's 106 degrees out, and I'm working. No. No I don't want a cup of vodka lady. Move it along.

(11-01-2020, 04:06 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(10-31-2020, 09:14 PM)Jags Wrote: +1!!!!

Lol can't tell you how many times the neighbors try to get my attention by walking out as I go by on a tractor. 

Power tractor down, point to my earbuds while their mouth is moving. Take earbuds out. "Want a drink? you look hot" as they try to hand me a solo cup of grey goose. 

It's 3pm, it's 106 degrees out, and I'm working. No. No I don't want a cup of vodka lady. Move it along.

Better watch out, she might put a roofie in it and you'll wake up in the hayloft.

I was just going to say...

If she is asking if you want a drink and “you look hot” and it’s liquor, I’m no expert but, kinda sounds like she is making a move.

(11-01-2020, 04:36 PM)Jags Wrote: I was just going to say...

If she is asking if you want a drink and “you look hot” and it’s liquor, I’m no expert but, kinda sounds like she is making a move.

Sometimes (usually?) it's the husband  Confused