Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Annoyances Thread

(06-01-2021, 04:38 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Yeah that would suck. The only thing worse is chigger bites. Good God is that a miserable thing to deal with. I have an allergic reaction to them and it's much worse for me than poison oak. The last time I had those on my torso; back, front and sides. I suffered for about two months with that.

In the fall I'll be out there in full coverage gear to yank those things out of the ground and dispose of them. I'm super lucky I didn't get it worse than I have but the random places its showing up is crazy. Patches on my stomach, both inner forearms, on my left hand, near my right armpit, inner left thigh, around my left ankle and right calf.

Haven't had to deal with chiggers, but every now and then I'll get a tick.  We treat our clothes with permethrin and spray our exposed skin with some deep woods off, but somehow every now and then one will make it onto me or my wife.

The thing we are dealing with right now is yellow flies (aka deer flies, horse flies).  Those things hurt when they bite and are quite annoying.  Thankfully the "season" for them is relatively short.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Horse flies are awful! I was chewed on once by one of those and it left a nasty welt that hurt like crazy.

We have permethrin and I need to soak my work clothes in some. Thanks for the reminder!

Going to try not to write a book on this one.

I have a neighbor moving out of country. He tells me he will be selling a lot of things. I end up buying 500.00 worth of stuff I don’t really need. It was cool stuff that I wanted and I figured I was helping him out. Even told my dad about some of the stuff and my dad spent 100. The one thing I really wanted was his basketball hoop and he said he’d just give it to me (for my daughter) it’s a child size that may go to 8’ max. . Ok cool. I also showed interest in a push mower. He proposes to me that if I mow his lawn for the month he is gone (while the wife and kids are still there) he’ll give it to me in exchange. Ok, sure, I’ll do that for you. 2 visits in on the lawn and I see this weekend my neighbor a few houses down now has it. Wow! You’re a man of your word there!!! Thanks for screwing me over. But he doesn’t tell me. I had to bring it up. He says he didn’t know if I was going to show. I [BLEEP] mow half the [BLEEP] neighborhood. You are one of the few I don’t and are my immediate neighbor!! Your wife was home both times we cut it. In the last 15 years, I’ve had clients not pay. I take it as a slap in the face. I’ve outgrown that since I don’t know half the people. But the going back on your word, lying to me about it, and the blatant disrespect for not only me but my crew... I was livid. Still pretty pissed off, tbh. I wonder when he would have brought that up had I not. He says his wife will give me cash for the mowing s that we did. But I’m fairly certain I won’t even see that.

(06-01-2021, 04:38 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Yeah that would suck. The only thing worse is chigger bites. Good God is that a miserable thing to deal with. I have an allergic reaction to them and it's much worse for me than poison oak. The last time I had those on my torso; back, front and sides. I suffered for about two months with that.

In the fall I'll be out there in full coverage gear to yank those things out of the ground and dispose of them. I'm super lucky I didn't get it worse than I have but the random places its showing up is crazy. Patches on my stomach, both inner forearms, on my left hand, near my right armpit, inner left thigh, around my left ankle and right calf.

Better hope that stuff hasn't gotten into the business district.

(06-01-2021, 10:20 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

That's a negative.

Ammonia. Occasionally if I was in the woods and the yellow flies were bad I’d spray windex with ammonia on me. I’m not sure if it’s that healthy for one to do that or not. But it works.

(06-01-2021, 10:20 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

I'll just assume "business" references location, rather than implying a nonrecreational use.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

A yellow fly bit me on the face a couple of weeks ago while at the golf range. I don't know what hurt worse, the bite or the brutal slap I administered to myself in reaction.

(06-02-2021, 04:48 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: A yellow fly bit me on the face a couple of weeks ago while at the golf range. I don't know what hurt worse, the bite or the brutal slap I administered to myself in reaction.

Maybe you should have let go of the club first.

(This post was last modified: 06-02-2021, 07:18 PM by Jags.)

(06-02-2021, 06:10 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(06-02-2021, 04:48 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: A yellow fly bit me on the face a couple of weeks ago while at the golf range. I don't know what hurt worse, the bite or the brutal slap I administered to myself in reaction.

Idk why but, this reminds me of a Gallagher joke he had.  Talking about bumper stickers. I “heart” my (insert blank). He says what about “I “club” my wife”. I “Spade” my dog

Horrible use of quotations.  Figure it out.

(06-02-2021, 06:10 PM)Sneakers Wrote:

Got me right in the forehead.

Get it??? *kneeslap* Fore head??

I'll show myself out.

(06-02-2021, 08:53 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(06-02-2021, 06:10 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Maybe you should have let go of the club first.

Got me right in the forehead.

I'll show myself out.

Wow, a swing motion like that could give you a nasty slice.

(06-02-2021, 10:14 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(06-02-2021, 08:53 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Got me right in the forehead.

I'll show myself out.

Wow, a swing motion like that could give you a nasty slice.

Sounds like someone will be seeing birdies??  ??? Seriously, Idk.  I don’t know your “Richie” “sport”.  

I’m the guy that fights the urge to honk my horn when someone is Tee’ing off.  I did that one time.  I had an air horn in my ‘93 F150.  Idk why I had it put in. Probably because I was an [BLEEP] hole Jack [BLEEP] in those days. I’m so glad I matured for y’all’s sake.  I remember pulling in to the St John’s River Community College and “Royal Oaks” was along the driveway to The left.  Man, I time that [BLEEP] right!!! Dude was PISSED!!!!   Not nearly as pissed as the teacher that wouldn’t allow me to do a make up test, you know what kids, [BLEEP] college.  You don’t need it it you work for yourself. Otherwise, yeah get that paper.

(This post was last modified: 06-09-2021, 08:54 AM by RicoTx.)

When I'm checking out at the grocery store, 99% of the time it takes me 30 seconds to go through the prompts on the card swipe.  The one of of 100 times that there is a problem, the 20-some year old bonehead comes over and gives you the condescending 'old guy can't work the card swipe' look.

[BLEEP] you and the horse you rode in on.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(06-09-2021, 08:54 AM)RicoTx Wrote: When I'm checking out at the grocery store, 99% of the time it takes me 30 seconds to go through the prompts on the card swipe.  The one of of 100 times that there is a problem, the 20-some year old bonehead comes over and gives you the condescending 'old guy can't work the card swipe' look.

[BLEEP] you and the horse you rode in on.

The solution is to leave without paying. If they stop you, just play the "old guy forgot to do the self-checkout thing" card.

I work with a guy who still writes checks for everything. He doesn’t own a debit card.
Online money transfer apps like PayPal, Cash App or Venmo? To him they are the devil’s spawn. An open invite for anyone and everyone to steal your money.

(06-09-2021, 10:29 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I work with a guy who still writes checks for everything. He doesn’t own a debit card.
Online money transfer apps like PayPal, Cash App or Venmo? To him they are the devil’s spawn. An open invite for anyone and everyone to steal your money.

The only thing I write checks for, is my bowling leagues.  Just for tracking purposes and you can't pay with a card for leagues.  You have to stick you money or check in your team's envelope each week.

So it was kind of funny if I filter my bank account for checks (when I was in Jax).  It pretty much read:

Wednesday Night Men's League
Thursday Night Mixed League
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(06-09-2021, 10:29 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I work with a guy who still writes checks for everything. He doesn’t own a debit card.

I stood behind a lady at the grocery store a couple weeks ago who wrote a check in the express lane.

Publix doesn't include a packet of soy sauce in their sushi any longer. This is mildly irritating when I remember in the store, but full blown outrageous when I don't.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-09-2021, 11:17 AM)RicoTx Wrote:

The only thing I write checks for, is my bowling leagues.  Just for tracking purposes and you can't pay with a card for leagues.  You have to stick you money or check in your team's envelope each week.

So it was kind of funny if I filter my bank account for checks (when I was in Jax).  It pretty much read:

so you spent all your spare cash on bowling leagues?

(I'll see myself out)