Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Annoyances Thread

(03-22-2022, 10:14 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Speaking of lawns, has anyone seen the price of fertilizer? A bag of Scott's is over $65. It looks like the lawn isn't getting fed for a while.

[Image: Cows-Looking-and-eating-in-yard-e1563377688759.jpg]

Here's the perfect solution.  They fertilize, keep the lawn trimmed and provide free milk and tasty steaks!
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-23-2022, 11:27 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(03-22-2022, 10:14 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Speaking of lawns, has anyone seen the price of fertilizer? A bag of Scott's is over $65. It looks like the lawn isn't getting fed for a while.

[Image: Cows-Looking-and-eating-in-yard-e1563377688759.jpg]

Here's the perfect solution.  They fertilize, keep the lawn trimmed and provide free milk and tasty steaks!

It’s doubtful the Titans will allow their cheerleading squad to stay here over the summer. It overlaps the beginning of football season.

(03-23-2022, 11:37 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-23-2022, 11:27 AM)Sneakers Wrote: [Image: Cows-Looking-and-eating-in-yard-e1563377688759.jpg]

It’s doubtful the Titans will allow their cheerleading squad to stay here over the summer. It overlaps the beginning of football season.

Those are Titans cheerleaders?  I didn't recognize them without their flannel shirts.

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2022, 03:07 PM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-23-2022, 09:43 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(03-23-2022, 07:54 AM)RicoTx Wrote: So in the process of leaving Wells Fargo I decided to sign up for Medicare.  It turns out to be a good deal cheaper (if you count what I pay in premiums and contributions to my HSA).  I'll just opt out of insurance coverage from my consulting gig should I decide to take it.

That aside, you have to sign up for Medicare during the sign up period in January.  If you don't, you need to supply a form that shows you had 'creditable coverage' basically saying this is why I didn't sign up for Medicare during the enrollment period.  If you hadn't signed up during an enrollment period you will have to pay a penalty, unless you can show this form.

So I had to jump through hoops to find out who to send this form to at Wells.  I finally get an email address where I can send the scanned form and have it filled out.  I get an automated response that a 'case number' has been opened and I will receive updates.  Good grief, this form is literally four check boxes and a signature from the HR rep.  This was more than a day ago and I still don't have an update for my 'case'.  I need this before I can submit all of my paperwork.

Really?

as a bureaucrat, this impresses me.

I imagine WF, being the hemorrhoids that they are, don't care to escalate or accelerate any requests from former employees. I hope your coverage with WF carries over until the new enrollment can get resolved!

Well they finally returned my form.

Last thing I need to do is return my computer hardware.  That's not until 4/3.  I'm in full coast mode.

Oh, and I applied for a position to be a 'player assistant' at the neighborhood golf course.  I could get into driving around in a golf cart 20-25 hours a week and bull [BLEEP] with players.  And free golf...  I get this spot and I won't even consider the consulting gig.   Banana
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

So me and a friends car got damaged parked in a friends driveway by a usps truck. Go figure. So turns out the usps doesnt carry any type of normal insurance on their vehicles or the mailman. You have to file some sort of tort claim with them. Super fun. My first time ever getting damage from a government vehicle.

Had no idea federal vehicles didnt carry some type of normal insurance. Wish me luck.

Oh and the cop, the mailman, nor the mailmans supervisor were any help at all leading us with the steps to do this. We know nothing was all we got. What a joke.

(03-23-2022, 03:05 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(03-23-2022, 09:43 AM)Mikey Wrote: as a bureaucrat, this impresses me.

I imagine WF, being the hemorrhoids that they are, don't care to escalate or accelerate any requests from former employees. I hope your coverage with WF carries over until the new enrollment can get resolved!

Last thing I need to do is return my computer hardware.  That's not until 4/3.  I'm in full coast mode.

Oh, and I applied for a position to be a 'player assistant' at the neighborhood golf course.  I could get into driving around in a golf cart 20-25 hours a week and bull [BLEEP] with players.  And free golf...  I get this spot and I won't even consider the consulting gig.   Banana

look at you channeling your inner Vic Big Grin

(03-23-2022, 10:45 PM)surfon Wrote: So me and a friends car got damaged parked in a friends driveway by a usps truck.  Go figure.  So turns out the usps doesnt carry any type of normal insurance on their vehicles or the mailman.  You have to file some sort of tort claim with them.  Super fun.  My first time ever getting damage from a government vehicle.

Had no idea federal vehicles didnt carry some type of normal insurance.  Wish me luck.

Oh and the cop, the mailman, nor the mailmans supervisor were any help at all leading us with the steps to do this.  We know nothing was all we got.  What a joke.

Dang. That's interesting and good to know. I live outside of town limits so our mail carrier is a contractor. I'm guessing they have regular insurance since they're independent.

(03-23-2022, 03:05 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(03-23-2022, 09:43 AM)Mikey Wrote: as a bureaucrat, this impresses me.

My dad did that for several years after he retired to pay for his golfing habit when he lived in south Florida. He loved it!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Do what you love and you’ll never work a day in your life. I’m not exactly sure what that job is other than it seems like a caddy that uses a golf cart maybe. Sounds like a cool gig and I don’t even like golf. Better than greeting customers at a Walmart or dealing with corp America.

(03-24-2022, 07:22 PM)Jags Wrote: Do what you love and you’ll never work a day in your life.  I’m not exactly sure what that job is other than it seems like a caddy that uses a golf cart maybe.  Sounds like a cool gig and I don’t even like golf.  Better than greeting customers at a Walmart or dealing with corp America.

So you're telling me there's somebody that will pay me to drink beer, golf, and bowl?  Can you send me that link?   Big Grin

(This post was last modified: 03-25-2022, 12:29 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-25-2022, 08:59 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(03-24-2022, 07:22 PM)Jags Wrote: Do what you love and you’ll never work a day in your life.  I’m not exactly sure what that job is other than it seems like a caddy that uses a golf cart maybe.  Sounds like a cool gig and I don’t even like golf.  Better than greeting customers at a Walmart or dealing with corp America.

So you're telling me there's somebody that will pay me to drink beer, golf, and bowl?  Can you send me that link?   Big Grin

You can’t use LinkedIn, Monster or Indeed.   You gotta look at Craigslist for really good jobs. 

wealthywidowerseekingathleticmantoenjoyretirement

Pro tip:  don’t let her take an insurance policy out on you. 

(03-24-2022, 07:22 PM)Jags Wrote: Do what you love and you’ll never work a day in your life.  I’m not exactly sure what that job is 

A few that come to mind quickly are;

Playboy photographer
Beer taster
Golf equipment tester

Personally I don't think this is trivial, but I'll put it here anyway.

I'm having some work done that I didn't feel like tackling myself. We hired someone to remove the old bath and enclosure and install something higher end.

I also need to replace our fence and I've arranged for a few estimates.

Not one of these [BLEEP] has showed up on time yet. Some of them haven't showed up at all. And never even a [BLEEP] call to say they're running late.

And when I say late...I mean L-A-T-E. The guys today that are putting up the backer board were supposed to be here at 8:30. They got here at 1:15. No call. Nothing.

The guy that was supposed to give me a fence estimate, never showed on Friday. Once again, no call.

/rant

(This post was last modified: 03-28-2022, 06:59 PM by Jags. Edited 2 times in total.)

I can’t tell you how many estimates I was supposed to receive and how many I actually got.  I suppose that’s the way it goes these days.  It’s strange.  Why pay thousands on an ad, then not show up?  It’s aggravating, frustrating and annoying.  I don’t get it. As a man that gives estimates, I won’t show on occasion.  It sounds bad.  But I will say I get not getting the estimates.  Usually it’s because it’s a tad further than expected, they pull some stuff after we talked or I’ve received a red flag after the initial  talk or we’ve had or other lawn companies have spread the word not to work for “so and so”.  Then there is the busy factor.  But if your busy, you shouldn’t promise an estimate one day if you can’t do it.  And you should always call to reschedule.  I think some businesses are too big for their britches. That feedback never gets it to the owner/manager or whoever to make sure it gets done.  Some companies even pay by the estimate.  How the hell do I know you gave one?  You filled out the sheet and that is it?

When you just need to scan some documents for a client but your laptop and your printer/scanner both need updates. And the client needs these yesterday. Of course.  Wallbash
Wallbash
Modern technology does not make things easier.

(This post was last modified: 03-30-2022, 01:02 PM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-26-2022, 04:54 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Personally I don't think this is trivial, but I'll put it here anyway.

I'm having some work done that I didn't feel like tackling myself.  We hired someone to remove the old bath and enclosure and install something higher end.

Not one of these [BLEEP] has showed up on time yet.  Some of them haven't showed up at all.  And never even a [BLEEP] call to say they're running late.

And when I say late...I mean L-A-T-E.  The guys today that are putting up the backer board were supposed to be here at 8:30.  They got here at 1:15.  No call.  Nothing.

The guy that was supposed to give me a fence estimate, never showed on Friday.  Once again, no call.

/rant

That happens to me all the time.  Roofers, carpenters, paving contractors, it runs the gamut.  

If you want 3 bids on a project, you have to call a dozen contractors.   3 of them will not answer the phone, 3 more will promise to get back to you and never do it, and 3 more will come out and take all the measurements and never produce an estimate.  Out of the remaining 3, one will give you an estimate so high it's obvious they don't want the job, one will give you an estimate so low it's obvious they don't understand the job, and if you're lucky you'll get one reasonable estimate.  

Not to get political, but these people need some competition.

(03-30-2022, 12:59 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-26-2022, 04:54 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Personally I don't think this is trivial, but I'll put it here anyway.

I'm having some work done that I didn't feel like tackling myself.  We hired someone to remove the old bath and enclosure and install something higher end.

Not one of these [BLEEP] has showed up on time yet.  Some of them haven't showed up at all.  And never even a [BLEEP] call to say they're running late.

And when I say late...I mean L-A-T-E.  The guys today that are putting up the backer board were supposed to be here at 8:30.  They got here at 1:15.  No call.  Nothing.

The guy that was supposed to give me a fence estimate, never showed on Friday.  Once again, no call.

/rant

That happens to me all the time.  Roofers, carpenters, paving contractors, it runs the gamut.  

If you want 3 bids on a project, you have to call a dozen contractors.   3 of them will not answer the phone, 3 more will promise to get back to you and never do it, and 3 more will come out and take all the measurements and never produce an estimate.  Out of the remaining 3, one will give you an estimate so high it's obvious they don't want the job, one will give you an estimate so low it's obvious they don't understand the job, and if you're lucky you'll get one reasonable estimate.  

Not to get political, but these people need some competition.

^ This is spot on.

I start to cringe at the thought of trying to get an estimate nowadays.

(03-30-2022, 12:07 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: When you just need to scan some documents for a client but your laptop and your printer/scanner both need updates. And the client needs these yesterday. Of course.  Wallbash
Wallbash
Modern technology does not make things easier.

Add the TurboScan app to your phone and/or tablet! 

It's great. Will convert to pdf easily -- let you edit - set-up multiple quick email functions, share to other apps,  etc.

People who post responses on this message board and fail to use the quote feature.

I don't know what you're talking about.

Smile