Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey has asked for trade (merged)

(09-16-2019, 08:48 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 08:46 PM)knarnn Wrote: It’s not weird. Doug is done. I think this became apparent last year with all the nonsense that was going on in and out of the locker room. I’d trade Ramsey AND fire Marrone.

That's certainly one way to handle it. Do you do both right away if you are Coughlin?

I would need a solid reason to prolong the inevitable. We lost our QB, all playoff hopes pretty much went out the window at 0-2, your players are on the verge of mutiny. I’d take my lumps and can him ASAP.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-16-2019, 08:50 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 08:46 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Unfortunately I believe we've entered an era wherein many of the top tier players will blatantly buck against that old noble system of team above individual.  We're going to see more and more of it each season.  The new CBA could conceivably make it even worse.

It’s all about the culture you build. The patriots don’t have this problem because the moment you act out, you get cut or traded. Same with Coughlin of yesteryear. You can’t let the “inmates run the asylum” and then act surprised when they decide they’ve had enough of you.

Teams successfully building that type of culture right now seem to be shrinking in number. 
I'd love to see a new staff build such a culture here. 

I tend to think that if Khan cleans house, he's going to keep Coughlin at the top to head the staff rebuild. Do you trust him to put together a staff capable of creating such a culture with the modern NFL player?

He never wanted to play here to begin with

(09-16-2019, 08:53 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 08:48 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: That's certainly one way to handle it. Do you do both right away if you are Coughlin?

I would need a solid reason to prolong the inevitable. We lost our QB, all playoff hopes pretty much went out the window at 0-2, your players are on the verge of mutiny. I’d take my lumps and can him ASAP.

Sounds reasonable. Hard to justify limping along with a coach who has lost the locker room.

(09-16-2019, 08:43 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Weird predicament.

Firing staff members/coaches because players don't like the scheme sets a horrible precedent.

Trading away your best player because he hates playing for his not so great coaches loses your locker room (even further.)

Bit of a catch-22 going on here.

It doesn't look good either way, but you have to look at the full body of work and who we're talking about here.

Marrone is 2-12 in the last 14 games. 16-20 all time record as the Jags HC. He isn't any good and is likely gone at the end of this year regardless. How good is it going to look if you ship off your best player, only to end of having a full house clean at the end of the season anways. 

Or better yet... What if they ship Ramsey off this week or next week, we're 1-8 or 2-7 at the bye week and they end of canning Marrone then. Now you're out your best player and still ended up dropping the coach 5 weeks later. That would be a classic Jags move though, so I can see it happening.

As long as it's in Coughlin's hands, Ramsey is as good as gone imo, which is sad and pathetic. Coughlin and Marrone are buds, he's not going to dump him.

Many are under the assumption that the team would react negatively to Ramsey being traded. Do we know that for sure? Is is possible that many of them are tired of his self-centered antics?

(09-16-2019, 08:57 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Many are under the assumption that the team would react negatively to Ramsey being traded. Do we know that for sure? Is is possible that many of them are tired of his self-centered antics?

I'm sure there is at least a subset of players who are over his schtick. 

I'd wager most of the younger defenders not named Allen, Williams and Ngakoue would be salty about it. Maybe not.

(09-16-2019, 08:55 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 08:43 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Weird predicament.

Firing staff members/coaches because players don't like the scheme sets a horrible precedent.

Trading away your best player because he hates playing for his not so great coaches loses your locker room (even further.)

Bit of a catch-22 going on here.

It doesn't look good either way, but you have to look at the full body of work and who we're talking about here.

Marrone is 2-12 in the last 14 games. 16-20 all time record as the Jags HC. He isn't any good and is likely gone at the end of this year regardless. How good is it going to look if you ship off your best player, only to end of having a full house clean at the end of the season anways. 

Or better yet... What if they ship Ramsey off this week or next week, we're 1-8 or 2-7 at the bye week and they end of canning Marrone then. Now you're out your best player and still ended up dropping the coach 5 weeks later. That would be a classic Jags move though, so I can see it happening.

As long as it's in Coughlin's hands, Ramsey is as good as gone imo, which is sad and pathetic. Coughlin and Marrone are buds, he's not going to dump him.

My thinking is getting a different coach isn't going to change Ramsey's attitude. If he really doesn't want to be here, you're better off getting some major compensation for him. He's an elite talent but starting to sound like an elite primadonna as well.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(09-16-2019, 08:54 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 08:50 PM)knarnn Wrote: It’s all about the culture you build. The patriots don’t have this problem because the moment you act out, you get cut or traded. Same with Coughlin of yesteryear. You can’t let the “inmates run the asylum” and then act surprised when they decide they’ve had enough of you.

Teams successfully building that type of culture right now seem to be shrinking in number. 

I tend to think that if Khan cleans house, he's going to keep Coughlin at the top to head the staff rebuild. Do you trust him to put together a staff capable of creating such a culture with the modern NFL player?
No. I don’t trust Coughlin to do that.

Other GM: Hey Dave, I'll give you a 2020 1st and..
Dave: I'll take it!
Other GM: Great Dave, I'll get the paperwork over to you.

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2019, 09:02 PM by Brett.)

First off, just want to say it saddens me to see some of you attack each other. I'm going to do my best to never make enemies on here, lol.

Just sucks all the way around. To lose your best player and to have it all come to this. I just wish we could catch a break as fans.

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2019, 09:04 PM by Jagwired.)

If some of you think that you fire Marrone and suddenly Jalen is no longer Jalen and he is all warm and fuzzy about Jacksonville then I am afraid you are sorely mistaken. He has been throwing fits his entire time here. Shows up to OTA's when and if he wants to. All with never ending support by the team that he has now requested a trade from.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(09-16-2019, 08:50 PM)knarnn Wrote: It’s all about the culture you build. The patriots don’t have this problem because the moment you act out, you get cut or traded. Same with Coughlin of yesteryear. You can’t let the “inmates run the asylum” and then act surprised when they decide they’ve had enough of you.

That will be the million dollar question. I tend to believe the reason more and more teams are going younger and younger at the HC position is because of the huge obvious generational gap. I’m not sure how much Coughlin would be on board with this but I believe this is the way to go.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

People always point to the Pat's but conveniently leave out that they're almost a lock for the Superbowl year in and year out. Once their run is done and they're in the same boat as the rest of us, we'll see how well they "keep players in line". Players simply make too much to control now. If many of us had made enough to be set for life, how much would you actually deal with at the office? Elite players have the complete upper hand and they know it. The only thing that prevents a player from flexing that power is character. Once a player shows you the humility is not there, you pretty much know where it's going.

Being a jags fan is a [BLEEP] joke

Hell no
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(09-16-2019, 09:02 PM)Jagwired Wrote: If some of you think that you fire Marrone and suddenly Jalen is no longer Jalen and he is all warm and fuzzy about Jacksonville then I am afraid you are sorely mistaken. He has been throwing fits his entire time here. Shows up to OTA's when and if he wants to. All with never ending support by the team that he has now requested a trade from.

At a minimum, Ramsey has to go. Marrone is now officially on the hot seat. Aware of his standings with the front office, and without the distraction of Drama Queen in the locker room, maybe he can squeeze out a .500 season. He will be the next domino to fall in January.

Trade him make sure he can’t go to Tennessee in the free market I’m done with the talking diva one less headache the new coach will have to deal with.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(09-16-2019, 09:05 PM)RealJagsFan Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 08:54 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Teams successfully building that type of culture right now seem to be shrinking in number. 

People always point to the Pat's but conveniently leave out that they're almost a lock for the Superbowl year in and year out. Once their run is done and they're in the same boat as the rest of us, we'll see how well they "keep players in line". Players simply make too much to control now. If many of us had made enough to be set for life, how much would you actually deal with at the office? Elite players have the complete upper hand and they know it. The only thing that prevents a player from flexing that power is character. Once a player shows you the humility is not there, you pretty much know where it's going.

I'd love nothing more than to import the Patriot way to Jacksonville.  I don't see where it's been successfully replicated yet.  If you don't have a mastermind coach and an elite qb who are equally driven and given to detail as NE does, I wonder if it can work.

But I'd sure like for us to try.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Nothing helps the team like "Trade Me" before your prime time game. Thanks Jalen!!
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.