Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey has asked for trade (merged)

(09-16-2019, 08:33 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 08:19 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: He still has the 5th year option which is even more enticing.

Classic Jags move. This FO has done absolutely nothing right and now this is supposedly a good move?

This is a terrible move any way you look at it. Not only will it make this team that much worse and just ruin the locker room that much more. It hurts the Franchise as a whole in the big picture of things and that's what Khan needs to realize. 

Ramsey is the face of this franchise. Hes the guy everybody knows outside of this fan base. He's the guy in the limelight. He's the guy that helps put this team on the map in the media etc. etc. Hes the only reason why anybody outside of Jacksonville even talks about the Jags. Take him away from this team and people will just go back to talking about when this team is moving to London.

We are 0-2. We are off the map and have been for the past year.

He isn't as good as his reputation. Sorry to have to break that to you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I wonder if we can include Fournette too in a trade

I'm done if they trade our best player.
No Fun

(09-16-2019, 08:19 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 08:18 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Dolphins got two 1st rounders and a 2nd rounder for Tunsil. There's absolutely no way this team should accept less than that. That should be the very bottom offer and where only talks should start. But knowing Coughlin, we'll probably just get a 3rd and 4th round pick for him.

But hopefully Khan will come to his senses and fire Marrone/Coughlin etc right now.
He still has the 5th year option which is even more enticing.

Classic Jags move. This FO has done absolutely nothing right and now this is supposedly a good move?

Absolutely, I think it would be a huge mistake trading him. But if you trade a top young player at a premium position, the starting point should be based off the Kalil Mack/Tunsil trades.

Weird predicament.

Firing staff members/coaches because players don't like the scheme sets a horrible precedent.

Trading away your best player because he hates playing for his not so great coaches loses your locker room (even further.)

Bit of a catch-22 going on here.

(09-16-2019, 08:32 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: It's not like Ramsey was loafing, or that he doesn't care. He was pissed at Marrone for not calling a challenge. He wants to win.  We're probably going to fire Marrone at the end of the year. Why not do it now?

Catch the damn pick 6 and win the game then. 

Ramsey wants out and has been hinting at this for months. Dude is a big [BLEEP] baby. Let him go out and see what it’s really like in a NY or LA media market when you drop a game winning pick 6.

Trade Ramsey, fire Marrone, clear out the front office and bring in players who don’t think they are above the team.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(09-16-2019, 08:36 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 08:33 PM)Eric1 Wrote: This is a terrible move any way you look at it. Not only will it make this team that much worse and just ruin the locker room that much more. It hurts the Franchise as a whole in the big picture of things and that's what Khan needs to realize. 

Ramsey is the face of this franchise. Hes the guy everybody knows outside of this fan base. He's the guy in the limelight. He's the guy that helps put this team on the map in the media etc. etc. Hes the only reason why anybody outside of Jacksonville even talks about the Jags. Take him away from this team and people will just go back to talking about when this team is moving to London.

We are 0-2. We are off the map and have been for the past year.

He isn't as good as his reputation. Sorry to have to break that to you.
Sorry to break it to you but he is that good. Just ask Hopkins.

(09-16-2019, 08:43 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Weird predicament.

Firing staff members/coaches because players don't like the scheme sets a horrible precedent.

Trading away your best player because he hates playing for his not so great coaches loses your locker room (even further.)

As bad as the wardens are, letting the inmates run the asylum is never the answer.

(09-16-2019, 08:43 PM)knarnn Wrote: Catch the damn pick 6 and win the game then. 

Ramsey wants out and has been hinting at this for months. Dude is a big [BLEEP] baby. Let him go out and see what it’s really like in a NY or LA media market when you drop a game winning pick 6.

Trade Ramsey, fire Marrone, clear out the front office and bring in players who don’t think they are above the team.

This man gets it.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(09-16-2019, 08:43 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 08:32 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: It's not like Ramsey was loafing, or that he doesn't care. He was pissed at Marrone for not calling a challenge. He wants to win.  We're probably going to fire Marrone at the end of the year. Why not do it now?

Catch the damn pick 6 and win the game then. 

Unfortunately I believe we've entered an era wherein many of the top tier players will blatantly buck against that old noble system of team above individual.  We're going to see more and more of it each season.  The new CBA could conceivably make it even worse.

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2019, 08:47 PM by knarnn.)

It’s not weird. Doug is done. I think this became apparent last year with all the nonsense that was going on in and out of the locker room. I’d trade Ramsey AND fire Marrone.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2019, 08:48 PM by Jags.)

I’m not sure where I stand. On one hand, I personally am getting tired of Ramsey’s antics. On the other Marrone seems to have lost the team. For that, he needs to go. Whatever side of the fence you’re on, do you feel Ramsey would be a model player with a new coach ? Or would he find something else to chirp about? Or is he a cancer with a bad coach that too needs to go??

Oh crap. Never mind. I see he’s now asked for a trade. I thought I was on the fight with Marrone thread. This is news to me. Yeah, get rid of his [BLEEP]. I

(09-16-2019, 08:46 PM)knarnn Wrote:

It’s not weird. Doug is done. I think this became apparent last year with all the nonsense that was going on in and out of the locker room. I’d trade Ramsey AND fire Marrone.

That's certainly one way to handle it. Do you do both right away if you are Coughlin?

Seems to be.  OTH, the only ones who would really have a big problem are the other 3 or 4 DBs.  And they're all scrubs, anyway, except Bouye who is a shell of his former self.

While the coaching staff may need replacing after the season, you get rid of the player cancer.  (IF we find a favorable deal.)
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

3 1st round picks is what I'd ask for period. 2 for 2020, and 1 for 2021 so I can draft Sunshine in 2021, and the best player available in 2020

(09-16-2019, 08:46 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 08:43 PM)knarnn Wrote: Catch the damn pick 6 and win the game then. 

Unfortunately I believe we've entered an era wherein many of the top tier players will blatantly buck against that old noble system of team above individual.  We're going to see more and more of it each season.  The new CBA could conceivably make it even worse.

It’s all about the culture you build. The patriots don’t have this problem because the moment you act out, you get cut or traded. Same with Coughlin of yesteryear. You can’t let the “inmates run the asylum” and then act surprised when they decide they’ve had enough of you.

I said earlier that the damage is already done. Doesn't matter what they do from here. Sad, really.

TC should fire Doug and coach the rest of the season. Then he could find a new coach at season end and have a nice set of picks

So happy I never bought his Jersey. He has always given clear signs that he doesn't want to be in Jax. Like it or not it's best to go ahead and unload him. Players like AB have given him the blue print. He will be nothing but a cancer otherwise. If u think about it, he actually already has been. He's shown continuously that he is selfish and immature. Send him to a non division non contender and move on.

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2019, 08:55 PM by Jagwired.)

I'm a little surprised at some of the reactions. It's not like this was not foretold. He has been posturing for something of this nature for months. If I am Coughlin I am simply telling him to get comfortable for the next three years unless a absolute mega haul of picks comes from a bottom five team.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.