Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey has asked for trade (merged)

(09-16-2019, 09:24 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Imagine actually wanting to trade a guy who just held the best WR in the NFL to only 4 catches and 27 yards lmao..

Unless I missed something that player asked the team to trade him via his agent. What do some of u actually think is going to happen if he is not traded? I mean do u honestly think just slapping a franchise tag on him will suddenly make him loyal to the team? I guess we will find out together bcuz I'm sure the team won't trade him but I think it will be a mistake.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2019, 09:31 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(09-16-2019, 06:53 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 06:50 PM)knarnn Wrote: Dude has been a cancer since last years GQ article. I don’t want anyone who doesn’t want to be here, especially one who is causing rifts in the locker room. Send him to Minny for a 1 plus Rudolph.

Exactly.   How about to Philly for Goedert and a 1st

That deal is good, but I still want more. Throw in a 4th rounder and that would be a deal I'd take.

(09-16-2019, 06:53 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 06:50 PM)TearExtractor Wrote: You are currently acting about 400x worse than Ramsey... which is ironic.

How so?  I said bench him and let him sit for the next few years.  Aside from affecting a player's money the next worst thing to do to them is bench them.  Unless we are getting some high draft picks from somebody like Miami I wouldn't cave to trading him.

You're just screwing our cap that way.

Adoree and a 2nd sounds pretty fair...

(09-16-2019, 09:31 PM)14and3 Wrote: Adoree and a 2nd sounds pretty fair...

Hahaha. Adoree is awful

(09-16-2019, 06:23 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I have a bad feeling we're gonna end up losing Ramsey and Ngakoue.

That's exactly whats going to happen, this organisation is just to patient with bad Coaches.

(09-16-2019, 09:31 PM)14and3 Wrote: Adoree and a 2nd sounds pretty fair...

Hahahahaha.

hell no

(09-16-2019, 08:03 PM)dennisp3 Wrote: Does anyone believe if he gets a big contract and the team struggles he won’t be asking for a trade?  Money will not turn him into some pillar of the team. I would hate to lose him but the writing is on the wall and if the trade is good for the team pull the trigger

This is the dilemma I have: clearly Ramsey is better at his job than Marrone is at his. But is there any assurance that dropping Marrone and Wash won't leave us in the same situation 1.5 years from now after, presumably, signing Ramsey to a big deal?

It almost feels like they both need to go, just to put a reset in place. I'm not sure you come out ahead keeping either one, for the reasons NYC lays out below:  

(09-16-2019, 08:43 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Firing staff members/coaches because players don't like the scheme sets a horrible precedent.

Trading away your best player because he hates playing for his not so great coaches loses your locker room (even further.)

Feels like a no-win situation, regardless of what the Jags get as compensation. (And can we stop with the salivating over getting Miami's picks? I can't believe they'd trade Tunsil and be trying to trade Mincah and Drake just so they can ship off their stockpiled draft picks for a malcontent who they'll need to sign to a massive contract to keep for any extended period of time. Completely defeats the purpose of tanking.).

(09-16-2019, 08:12 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: Looks like bringing in Coughlin was a huge mistake. While he did ok nearly 20 years ago as coach/gm, this go around as president of football operations has been a disaster. FA’s outside of Calais Campbell have been meh. Passed on multiple QBs while extending possibly the biggest turnover machine in the NFL. Drafts since he’s arrived have been rather average. His hard line approach is an outdated way of dealing with today’s players and it’s starting to show. Khan needs to clean house completely and get some young innovative minds running this team and bring this franchise into the 21st century.

I've been a bit disillusioned with some of the player-interaction moves Coughlin has made over the past 1-2 year, so I'm glad someone else is bringing him up. I feel like Coughlin and the way he's treating his players in the "player empowerment era" is not getting discussed enough when looking at the players' issues with the team.

And before anyone starts talking about how the players need to "suck it up and learn to be a man"; that mentality is all well and good, but they could just go to basically any other team in the league and not have to deal with it. So we shouldn't be expecting the players to just deal with Coughlin's schtick anymore. It may, officially, be too-outdated to work (especially when the team isn't actually winning.)
"The season's not over... we still have a bunch of games to lose..." - TemporaryName

"The middle of the field is like Narnia to us, we don't believe it really exists" - Marvsin

(09-16-2019, 06:54 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 06:52 PM)TearExtractor Wrote: Stop with this stupid "bEnCh HiM fOr TeN YeArS".

Yes, lets pay millions to purposely sit a player and take up a roster spot, GREAT PLAN.

He's still on his rookie deal....

If we pick up his option for 2020, that's $13 million and then we'd have to franchise tag him in 2021. That would be a very expensive backup.

We'll end up losing Ramsey and Marrone will be fired at the end of the year. We'll have nothing to show for it, because even with extra draft picks, we're not going to find someone to replace a generational talent like Ramsey.

3 1sts is my asking price if I'm the team. I hold the cards.

(09-16-2019, 06:54 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: Melvin Gordon?

Maybe a first, a 3rd and Melvin Gordon for Ramsey and Fournette.

(09-16-2019, 09:36 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Bahahaha man I'm glad you guys aren't GMs

But Gus plays zone. Ramsey will say no to that trade.

(09-16-2019, 06:56 PM)Upper Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 06:47 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: He's a punk.  A diva.  A Millennial punk.  Only thinks about "me".  Get over it.  He is NOT a team player and only thinks about himself.

That's what the WR/corner relationship is. How about they just play a scheme that complements their superlative talent and let those players flourish?

We should all be as pissed as Ramsey that we've wasted years and years with coaches who are too stubborn to mold their schemes to their talent and keep trying to shoehorn elite players into awful fits.

Amen!

No thanks.

Raiders got two 1sts, a 3rd and 6th round picks for Mack.

Dolphins got two 1sts and a 2nd for Tunsil.

Those trades should be where the talks start and they shouldn't accept anything less. Very bottom dollar asking price.

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2019, 09:42 PM by knarnn.)

(09-16-2019, 09:37 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 09:36 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Maybe a first, a 3rd and Melvin Gordon for Ramsey and Fournette.

But Gus plays zone. Ramsey will say no to that trade.

So does the majority of NFL teams. I don’t think there is a single team out there that plays exclusively man. 

Besides, Ramsey wouldn’t have a say in the matter anyway.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(09-16-2019, 09:41 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 09:36 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Maybe a first, a 3rd and Melvin Gordon for Ramsey and Fournette.

No thanks.

Those trades should be where the talks start and they shouldn't accept anything less. Very bottom dollar asking price.
Exactly. Should be a King's Ransom for him. Nothing less.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-16-2019, 09:41 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

No thanks.

Is there a team that's a contender that needs a cb  and has 2 first rounders.

(09-16-2019, 07:02 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 07:01 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I could possibly see the Raiders coming to the table with a decent offer.   Their early first and third maybe.

But do they also have a player we would want?

TE Darren Waller.

(09-16-2019, 09:43 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 09:41 PM)Eric1 Wrote: No thanks.

Is there a team that's a contender that needs a cb  and has 2 first rounders.

Oakland and Chicago?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."