Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey has asked for trade (merged)

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2019, 10:32 AM by JackCity.)

(09-17-2019, 10:23 AM)knarnn Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 10:17 AM)rfc17 Wrote: Have they lost the lockerroom or is the lockerroom full of headcases?  Nagkoue is the only true professional out of those players you listed.  He has done everything the right way but the team decided not to "overpay" for him.  Which I think is a mistake.  

But i do agree that all those people you listed need to go.  The coaches/front office were likely on their way out before this.  Khan has spent a ton of money and this team just isnt as good as it should be.  But you can't allow an immature player like Ramsey look like he won because this will only enable his personality in the future.  What will he do if he doesnt like the next coach?  Throw a bigger tantrum.  He needs to go.

This is my position as well. If you “Give in” to Ramsey, what happens if the next coach decides to run zone schemes, or have a different game plan outside of man? Do you fire him too? How about the coordinator? Should we just hire Ramsey as the coach and coordinator so that he can do what he wants whenever he wants?

Multiple DBs have had issues with Wash and his scheme. This isn't just a Ramsey issue. 

How many times do players complain about the scheme of Wade Philips or Fangio as DCs?

And again, this wouldn't be as much of an issue if they were winning

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-17-2019, 09:01 AM)tkappa511 Wrote: He is a punk trying to blow up this season for his "brothers".  The season on the line and he pulls this [BLEEP] this week.  [BLEEP] Jalen Ramsey.

Dude is a complete punk

(09-17-2019, 10:17 AM)rfc17 Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 10:11 AM)Caldrac Wrote: When Telvin Smith sits out a year. Jalen Ramsey wants out. Ngakoue is unhappy with contract talks. Myles Jack gets ejected. Fournette throws punches and has a sit down in the off season and most of those guys are considered team "Captains".

You've lost a lot in that lockeroom. Just because the 2nd year players and new faces on offense [Who got paid up front] are being non vocal about it doesn't mean there's not a problem.

Marrone is simply not a good enough football coach to lead an entire football team in the NFL. I have seen enough. It's time to move on before we continue to lose more and more talent due to incompetent decision makers in the front office and coaching staff.

And I also DO NOT condone Ramsey's behavior. You can be disgruntled and behave with professionalism. Ngakoue is doing it correctly. But there's no winning in this situation. They'll have to shop Ramsey around now. He forced their hand unfortunately and most men are prideful.

Especially old New Yorkers like Marrone and Coughlin. It's bittersweet. But I believe they should ALL [Ramsey, Marrone, Wash, Caldwell & Coughlin] need to go after all of this nonsense.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Have they lost the lockerroom or is the lockerroom full of headcases?  Nagkoue is the only true professional out of those players you listed.  He has done everything the right way but the team decided not to "overpay" for him.  Which I think is a mistake.  

But i do agree that all those people you listed need to go.  The coaches/front office were likely on their way out before this.  Khan has spent a ton of money and this team just isnt as good as it should be.  But you can't allow an immature player like Ramsey look like he won because this will only enable his personality in the future.  What will he do if he doesnt like the next coach?  Throw a bigger tantrum.  He needs to go.
I agree. It's certainly a two way street. But you can clearly see the writing on the wall as to why a lot of these guys with diva tendencies and ego's are acting up even further.

It's a culture for sure. It's tough to finger point at just one individual. But to me it seems like a clean break is needed to fully heal for the long term.

With Ramsey's situation we all lose here. We either get quality draft picks which may or may not have equal or better return value. Or, we let him sit and rot like the Steelers did with LeVeon Bell and essentially get diddly squat out of this circus in town.

At this point I would rather see them get a handful of high draft picks and look to set up a fresh faced General Manager and new coaching staff in 2020 for early success during a patch-up, not a rebuild, but a decent patch-up that should have them competitive by 2021 at the minimum.

It's just time. Marrone is a headcoach somewhere in between Jack Del Rio & Gus Bradley. Meaning, with subpar talent he might get you 7 - 8 wins and with elite talent during a down year with critical pieces missing on your opponent's roster he might get you 9 - 10 wins.

Just don't like him. Never did. I was beating on my chest for Bruce Arians years ago. I was dissapointed when he ended up in Tampa Bay this off season.

I am burned out on archaic, mundane and "throwback" approaches here in Jacksonville. It doesn't work in this era anymore. We lack innovation and we lack forward thinkers here in Jacksonville. And it's shown over the last 20 years.

[BLEEP] tired of it.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

The amount of awful boomer takes on this board is crazy

(09-17-2019, 10:29 AM)Mowerguy Wrote: Taken me a couple hours to catch all up here since I got up.

Many of you make great points about taking different approaches to solving this "problem".
The irony to me is Khan hired Tom to keep him from having to deal with day to day stuff and I presume major stuff as well.
Yet here we are ..... day to day frustrations blowing up to MAJOR stuff.

Where does the Big 'Stache step in? ....or does he? He made it clear that at minimum only a winning season is acceptable from the current
FO .....and I would think that includes TC. Since it appears that outcome has little or no chance of happening.
Let's start the process now.

The only solution I see is for  TC to "retire" ,after removing Marrone and promoting Flip to HC - temp  ....... Khan taking over the Team as an active owner until season end (when coaching carousel starts) and having a meet with Ramsey, Caldwell and Wash. Get everyone on the same page until season end ....(Ramsey's beef seems more with Marrone?)  
And let's see where we go ......if Ramsey still wants out ....Caldwell has the whole rest of the season to find him a home.

Not complicated .....Marrone out....TC retire ......hopefully , the CB who said he wanted to retire a Jaguar happy,
owner can be on lookout for new hC (assuming Flip doesn't excel) and maybe even a new gM.

Long story short....it's time for the Big Man to step in.

So you want Shad to turn into Jerry Jones?

We have 5 extremely winnable games coming up, and he pulls this BS. I will resent this guy forever for this

Roger Goodell has probably called Shad Khan and told him not to dare trade Ramsey after the AB debacle. “Shad, if you let that loud mouth walk, I’ll make sure EVERY flag goes against your team.”

(09-17-2019, 10:26 AM)Hi Upper Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 10:23 AM)knarnn Wrote: This is my position as well. If you “Give in” to Ramsey, what happens if the next coach decides to run zone schemes, or have a different game plan outside of man? Do you fire him too? How about the coordinator? Should we just hire Ramsey as the coach and coordinator so that he can do what he wants whenever he wants?

What you do is ask the potential coaches if they are set in their ways and their schemes or if they are willing to adapt to the skill sets of their players. If they say the former then you stop the interview on the spot and tell them thanks for their time but they can leave now.

You do understand that no defense in the entire  NFL runs exclusively man right? You also understand that Wash has changed his scheme significantly from the days of Gus to accommodate the talent currently on the field correct?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

If he gets traded, I think the raiders and ravens are his more likely options with philly being a longshot as well.

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2019, 10:37 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(09-17-2019, 10:33 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Roger Goodell has probably called Shad Khan and told him not to dare trade Ramsey after the AB debacle. “Shad, if you let that loud mouth walk, I’ll make sure EVERY flag goes against your team.”

Soooooo... nothing will change? lol

Shad has already bent over backwards for the league to be the London test dummy and we get zero respect in return from the league anyway. They can't even throw us a legitimate prime time game.

(09-17-2019, 10:36 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: If he gets traded, I think the raiders and ravens are his more likely options with philly being a longshot as well.

I saw where Louis Riddick thinks SF would be a logical destination. But why would Jags trade with them? We want those 1 st round picks to have value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2019, 10:40 AM by Tyler1Reformed.)

(09-17-2019, 09:36 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 09:33 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: Oh, c’mon man. I don’t like Ramsey’s diva behavior. But questioning his intellect? Get real.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is not a kid, the way he behaves says a lot.

(09-17-2019, 09:35 AM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote: Neither are you.

That hurts me deeply...

Enough to make you reply.

(09-17-2019, 10:32 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: We have 5 extremely winnable games coming up, and he pulls this BS. I will resent this guy forever for this

What winnable games cause this Thursday isn't one of them lol

(09-17-2019, 10:33 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Roger Goodell has probably called Shad Khan and told him not to dare trade Ramsey after the AB debacle. “Shad, if you let that loud mouth walk, I’ll make sure EVERY flag goes against your team.”

Seems to late for that every flag does go against our team, could you believe the flag on the special teams rolling into our punter was not a personal foul!  It wasn't even a close call the player rolled into the kickers plant foot while his punt leg was still in the air.  How do you mess up that call?

(09-17-2019, 10:31 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: So you want Shad to turn into Jerry Jones?

Not at all but do what he said he would if the season didn't meet his expectations......The man has seen this FO spend massive amounts of his money
only to see it wind up like this after only two games into the season.
Does he really have a choice?
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

https://twitter.com/tompelissero/status/...54112?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(09-17-2019, 10:31 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 10:23 AM)knarnn Wrote: This is my position as well. If you “Give in” to Ramsey, what happens if the next coach decides to run zone schemes, or have a different game plan outside of man? Do you fire him too? How about the coordinator? Should we just hire Ramsey as the coach and coordinator so that he can do what he wants whenever he wants?

Multiple DBs have had issues with Wash and his scheme. This isn't just a Ramsey issue. 

How many times do players complain about the scheme of Wade Philips or Fangio as DCs?

Exactly. People with low IQ fail to realize this. It's not about being a diva or a locker room cancer it's actually more than that in this case. Sad that so many have this horrid mentality on here that they can't realize this but it's actually quite easy to see.

*Multiple DBs have issue with Todd Wash and how he runs his defense*

"Multiple analysts have had issues with how Wash runs his scheme*

*Fans regularly critique elements of Washs defensive scheme*

"Oh wow, the cheek of Ramsey to date question Todd Washs grand scheme, how dare he!"

(09-17-2019, 10:30 AM)SuperJville Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 10:19 AM)Last42min Wrote: You guys remember that Jags had a problem with Rison a few years back. Once they traded him, the team started playing like a team. I like Ramsey. He is super talented. That said, one personality that causes division can do more damage than we realize. If we get a decent haul from the trade, I'd be for it. This one really has me on the fence.

this same nonsense argument was used last year when Fowler was traded.
Also, Rison was nowhere near the player that Jalen is currently.

Jalen needs to be a Jaguar, simple as that.

I'm not saying they are the same caliber of player. That doesn't relate to my point. They only need to have the same caliber of negative influence.  I agree that losing Rison did not affect the team ability the way losing Ramsey would. He's a true lock down corner. I am saying that if Ramsey is keeping the "team" from being a TEAM, it could have an addition by subtraction affect, but only if we get enough value to offset his loss.

(09-17-2019, 10:42 AM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 10:31 AM)JackCity Wrote: Multiple DBs have had issues with Wash and his scheme. This isn't just a Ramsey issue. 

Exactly. People with low IQ fail to realize this. It's not about being a diva or a locker room cancer it's actually more than that in this case. Sad that so many have this horrid mentality on here that they can't realize this but it's actually quite easy to see.

Yep it's EVERYTHING. 

Awful franchise, doesn't like the DC , they haven't signed him to a deal when others in his draft class have gotten big extensions, probably wants a bigger market, team is losing often etc etc etc 

That's going to reach a boiling point eventually, especially for players as head strong as Jalen. It just happened a little earlier than expected

(09-17-2019, 10:31 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I agree. It's certainly a two way street. But you can clearly see the writing on the wall as to why a lot of these guys with diva tendencies and ego's are acting up even further.

It's a culture for sure. It's tough to finger point at just one individual. But to me it seems like a clean break is needed to fully heal for the long term.

With Ramsey's situation we all lose here. We either get quality draft picks which may or may not have equal or better return value. Or, we let him sit and rot like the Steelers did with LeVeon Bell and essentially get diddly squat out of this circus in town.

At this point I would rather see them get a handful of high draft picks and look to set up a fresh faced General Manager and new coaching staff in 2020 for early success during a patch-up, not a rebuild, but a decent patch-up that should have them competitive by 2021 at the minimum.

It's just time. Marrone is a headcoach somewhere in between Jack Del Rio & Gus Bradley. Meaning, with subpar talent he might get you 7 - 8 wins and with elite talent during a down year with critical pieces missing on your opponent's roster he might get you 9 - 10 wins.

Just don't like him. Never did. I was beating on my chest for Bruce Arians years ago. I was dissapointed when he ended up in Tampa Bay this off season.

I am burned out on archaic, mundane and "throwback" approaches here in Jacksonville. It doesn't work in this era anymore. We lack innovation and we lack forward thinkers here in Jacksonville. And it's shown over the last 20 years.

[BLEEP] tired of it.

Ramsey isn't a diva like AB or Bell though. He isn't being a distraction in the locker room anymore. He doesn't really talk during the season. He does the stupid crap in the offseason (the whole armored truck was purely for Adidas sponsorship).