Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey has asked for trade (merged)

(09-17-2019, 08:57 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Jags love what the Chiefs are offering

Hopefully 2 1sts and more.  I think its 2 1sts at minimum

I’ll pass, basically 2 2nds +

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

https://twitter.com/jeffrichadiha/status...19842?s=21

What a cancer. Even the chiefs don’t want to deal with his schtick.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(09-17-2019, 09:25 AM)SnowJaguar Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 08:57 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Jags love what the Chiefs are offering

I’ll pass, basically 2 2nds +

LOL, there is no way the Jags trade and not get at least 1 first. He is the best/one of the best corners in the game.

Unless Jalen comes out and states that he never told his agent to say that then his time here has to come to an end. He would no longer be able to be trusted to have team first mentality. Unfortunate but reality..
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(09-17-2019, 09:01 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 08:46 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: So complaining about what another man does on a message board is the right way to go about it?

Jalen is in a toxic environment with one of the most poorly run franchises in all of sports. Not just NFL. Sports. He sees an incompetent HC, a DC that doesn't use him properly and a franchise that is going no where. Whether you like it or not (and a lot of you don't like it), athletes have a voice now. Gone are the days where they just do as they are told and I'm glad. I bet Archie Manning wishes he asked for a trade. I bet Dan Marino wishes he asked for a trade. Good on Eli and Elway for asking for trades when they did. 

Jalen is doing what he thinks is best for him. Get out of this dysfunctional organization and hopefully to a better one.

One of the more drama queen posts I've seen in a while.

This is a team sport based on schemes and players doing their job in that scheme. The problem with Jalen is he is not and has never been a team player. Look at his college tape and interviews. We should have seen the writing on the wall. Keeping him here makes no since  sense. Also, the dude is not smart enough to play anything outside of man where he can rely on athleticism instead of his brain. He regularly gets exposed in zone. Been that way since day uno. I'm one of the few I'm sure that sees him as replaceable. If he is a one-trick pony, is he worth the drama and the coin he will demand? No.

He wants to [BLEEP] about the unchallenged play while at the same time dropping a game-changing interception that hit him in the hands. Clean your own house before complaining about someone else. In any case, trade him...on Jags terms and to some place like Miami, Las Vegas, or New York where he can get the drama queen attention he wants. Hell, I'd probably take a little less just to send him to a [BLEEP]-hole!
Lol drama queen post? Cool Story. Also, love that you're questioning his intelligence when you have no clue. Another good one.

Never change dude.

Sorry you're so upset a player is doing what they feel is best for them.

(09-17-2019, 09:26 AM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/jeffrichadiha/status...19842?s=21

What a cancer. Even the chiefs don’t want to deal with his schtick.

I just read a tweet that said something different if i can find it

This is fairly simple, fire all the coaches and let the players run the team.?.

Send him to the Browns, Ramsey for Denzel Ward.

Honestly, Ramsey might be doing us a favor, this might get Marrone and DC fired soon, but I really can't trust Khan he is probably gonna extend them in the offseason lol

(09-17-2019, 09:29 AM)SnowJaguar Wrote: This is fairly simple, fire all the coaches and let the players run the team.?.

Fire Moron. He is the common factor. Players don't respect him and that isn't good. It's not just Jalen either. Now i don't think Jalen is being wise but this seems to have been building for awhile.

(09-17-2019, 09:27 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 09:01 AM)B2hibry Wrote: One of the more drama queen posts I've seen in a while.

This is a team sport based on schemes and players doing their job in that scheme. The problem with Jalen is he is not and has never been a team player. Look at his college tape and interviews. We should have seen the writing on the wall. Keeping him here makes no since  sense. Also, the dude is not smart enough to play anything outside of man where he can rely on athleticism instead of his brain. He regularly gets exposed in zone. Been that way since day uno. I'm one of the few I'm sure that sees him as replaceable. If he is a one-trick pony, is he worth the drama and the coin he will demand? No.

He wants to [BLEEP] about the unchallenged play while at the same time dropping a game-changing interception that hit him in the hands. Clean your own house before complaining about someone else. In any case, trade him...on Jags terms and to some place like Miami, Las Vegas, or New York where he can get the drama queen attention he wants. Hell, I'd probably take a little less just to send him to a [BLEEP]-hole!
Lol drama queen post? Cool Story. Also, love that you're questioning his intelligence when you have no clue. Another good one.

Never change dude.

TBF I think it is pretty clear Ramsey is not very smart.

(09-17-2019, 09:31 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 09:27 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Lol drama queen post? Cool Story. Also, love that you're questioning his intelligence when you have no clue. Another good one.

Never change dude.

Oh, c’mon man. I don’t like Ramsey’s diva behavior. But questioning his intellect? Get real.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(09-17-2019, 09:31 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 09:27 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Lol drama queen post? Cool Story. Also, love that you're questioning his intelligence when you have no clue. Another good one.

Never change dude.

Neither are you.

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2019, 09:36 AM by iHaunting Raven.)

(09-17-2019, 09:33 AM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 09:31 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: TBF I think it is pretty clear Ramsey is not very smart.

Oh, c’mon man. I don’t like Ramsey’s diva behavior. But questioning his intellect? Get real.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is not a kid, the way he behaves says a lot.

(09-17-2019, 09:35 AM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 09:31 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: TBF I think it is pretty clear Ramsey is not very smart.

Neither are you.

That hurts me deeply...

(09-17-2019, 08:46 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 11:24 PM)knarnn Wrote: No one is above the team. They teach you this from peewee on up. Suck it up and control what you can control. It’s time to act like a 25 year not a 2 year old. It won’t get any better on any other team because the same rules apply.
So complaining about what another man does on a message board is the right way to go about it?

Jalen is in a toxic environment with one of the most poorly run franchises in all of sports. Not just NFL. Sports. He sees an incompetent HC, a DC that doesn't use him properly and a franchise that is going no where. Whether you like it or not (and a lot of you don't like it), athletes have a voice now. Gone are the days where they just do as they are told and I'm glad. I bet Archie Manning wishes he asked for a trade. I bet Dan Marino wishes he asked for a trade. Good on Eli and Elway for asking for trades when they did. 

Jalen is doing what he thinks is best for him. Get out of this dysfunctional organization and hopefully to a better one.

I have no problem with Jalen asking for a trade, so long as he does his job while he waits for the trade to materialize.  Even if Jalen held out at this point, I wouldn't like it but I'd understand.

What I have a problem with is Jalen trying to be coach and referee too.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

It better be two 1st rounders and a couple of good players, since they pick so late.

Jalen Doesn't like Marrone/Wash, didn't like Bradely/Babich and cried on the sidelines like a child. Has there been a coach he liked? There's your common factor. Jalen acts like he is separate from all the losing that has been going on around here. Could have helped this past Sunday by catching that damned pick six I tell ya.

This team has shown that dude a lot a flexibility in all matters personal and field/practice related and he pays them back with this.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(09-17-2019, 09:30 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Send him to the Browns, Ramsey for Denzel Ward.

Honestly, Ramsey might be doing us a favor, this might get Marrone and DC fired soon, but I really can't trust Khan he is probably gonna extend them in the offseason lol

Are you insane? Ramsey for Ward?

(09-17-2019, 09:44 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 09:30 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Send him to the Browns, Ramsey for Denzel Ward.

Are you insane? Ramsey for Ward?

Ramsey doesn't wanna be here (can't really blame him). Ward is really good and cheap at least for a couple of years. Ward is way better than Bouye btw.

I really doubt we can get 2 1st.

(09-16-2019, 09:57 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 09:24 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Imagine actually wanting to trade a guy who just held the best WR in the NFL to only 4 catches and 27 yards lmao..

Jeez!

It never ends!!!   Wallbash Angry Sick 

A few thoughts...

This isn't the first time a player and a coach have butted heads, nor is it the first time a player has asked for a trade.  Heck, Staubach once asked for a trade.  Just because he hasks for the trade doesn't mean we have to accommodate him.

If it comes down to Ramsey or Marrone, at this point I keep Ramsey.

If the team trades Ramsey, I would call for a substantial if not complete rebuild-even though it may be inevitable anyway.  Without Ramsey, Campbell, Dareus, and maybe even Ngakoue, the defense would be unrecognizable and, barring another 2016 caliber draft haul, would be nowhere near as good.  Marrone has arguably lost the team, and Khan has said another losing season is not acceptable.  Take all the picks from the Ramsey haul and begin a complete rebuild.  The one thing that would give me pause under this scenario is we just signed Foles to a big contract.  While everyone seems enamored with Minshew, Foles is still the guy with the Super Bowl ring.

If Ramsey is upset with what he deems to be excessive use of zone, that is puzzling on a couple of levels.  First, I remember a radio interview he did within the last two years where he emphasized the importance of mixing up defenses.  Frangie specifically asked him if he wanted to play man all the time, and he repeatedly said it was important for defenses to mix up the coverages.  What changed between then and now?  Secondly, whether Ramsey is better in man or not, I don't see how many can find fault with the game plan yesterday.  They held a good offense to 13 points.  When you consider the 3-4 yard first down that Ramsey wanted to challenge that continued a drive that resulted in a FG, and the fumble in their own territory that gave the Texans a short field, the game plan the Jaguars employed could have surrendered only a FG. 

Assuming the team is entertaining offers, where do you think Ramsey goes?  I think the team that trades for Ramsey will be a team with one or more of the following traits:

1.  A contending team looking for that final piece to put them over the top (K.C?  N.E.?  Phi? Sea?)  I might include Dallas, but they have given up draft capital to get Cooper.  Not sure they will be in the mood to trade another high pick.

2.  A team with a lot of draft capital.  Even though Miami has accumulated a ton of draft capital, they are purging players left and right, including "troublemakers" and accumulating draft picks.  Though he could appeal to Miami-defensive coach, young, elite player at marquee position-I think a more likely spot would be Oakland.  They have the draft capital, will be in Vegas next year and should have a lot more cash on hand to be able to sign him, unlike when Mack wanted a new deal.  Rumors are Ramsey said that is one of the teams for which he wants to play if he didn't re-sign here.

3.  A team with a defensive minded head coach-Detroit

4.  A coach with a mandate to win now or perhaps ready to make the move from rebuilding to playoff team.  That might include Washington or Atlanta, maybe even Detroit.
I don't know why so many want to get rid of Marrone. I think he has been hogtied in 2018 with injuries that no coach could overcome.  Now he starts this season losing his starting QB in the second series of the first game and has to go with a rookie. I am on the fence with keeping Doug but I certainly believe he deserves more time to get the young QB time to turn things around.  If we continue to lose games even under the present conditions then I think a change will come at the bye or next season.  One thing I did not see was Marrone yelling at Ramsy when he drops a sure-fire touchdown interception that hit him right in the gut. 
Most of the talking heads of the media felt the call that Ramsey blow up on would not have been reversed. Face it Jag fans Ramsey wants to play for the titans and even if with a coaching change he will not show any love for the jaguars. It's time to trade him and move on and if we can't get a trade then the next time he starts his immature ranting sit him down on the bench a let him know if he wants to play football he better change his attitude

(09-17-2019, 09:41 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Jalen Doesn't like Marrone/Wash, didn't like Bradely/Babich and cried on the sidelines like a child. Has there been a coach he liked? There's your common factor. Jalen acts like he is separate from all the losing that has been going on around here. Could have helped this past Sunday by catching that damned pick six I tell ya.

This team has shown that dude a lot a flexibility in all matters personal and field/practice related and he pays them back with this.

Ramsey didn't like bad HC and bad DC, and he didn't like the other bad HC and bad DC. We have that in common, I don't like these two sets of awful coaches either.