Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey has asked for trade (merged)

(09-19-2019, 05:58 AM)TearExtractor Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 08:13 PM)d4rkman Wrote: https://twitter.com/genefrenette/status/...39584?s=21

Sorry if this was already posted but interesting from Jack. Kind of contradicting himself after supporting Ramsey and then saying more or less he hopes we hold Ramsey hostage.

Um...He is in support of Ramsey because he is the best player on the team and never wants him to leave.....

Jalen is not going to want to be tagged.  He gonna be more po'd and more volatile tantrums will follows.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-19-2019, 09:20 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 05:58 AM)TearExtractor Wrote: Um...He is in support of Ramsey because he is the best player on the team and never wants him to leave.....

Jalen is not going to want to be tagged.  He gonna be more po'd and more volatile tantrums will follows.

*channels Palpatine* Good. Good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(09-19-2019, 07:27 AM)Jagwired Wrote: https://twitter.com/FOXSports/status/117...5604804609

I saw that tweet. Of course Ramsey’s agent was up in arms about it all on Twitter lol.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

89th ranked player in the whole League or 89th ranked CB?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-19-2019, 09:59 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: 89th ranked player in the whole League or 89th ranked CB?

Ranked by who and how is what I'm wondering?

Doesn't make sense.

2 starting CBs each team

64 starters...

he's ranked at the bottom of 3rd stringers?
Yeah right... He shut down Nuke.

OT:
Don't trade him, trade the staff

(09-19-2019, 09:59 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: 89th ranked player in the whole League or 89th ranked CB?

By Pro Football Focus. It’s a stats thing. But we know stats don’t tell the whole story.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(09-19-2019, 10:03 AM)I am Yoda Wrote:

By Pro Football Focus. It’s a stats thing. But we know stats don’t tell the whole story.

Not sure how they compile their stats but Ramsey when guarding Hopkins (arguably the best WR in the league) held him to like 4/30 or something

Not sure how that drops him to 89th but ooooook lol

(09-19-2019, 10:06 AM)Kane Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 10:03 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: By Pro Football Focus. It’s a stats thing. But we know stats don’t tell the whole story.

Not sure how they compile their stats but Ramsey when guarding Hopkins (arguably the best WR in the league) held him to like 4/30 or something

His bad rating is from week 1 when he wasnt very good.  He played good last week and moved up

(09-19-2019, 10:06 AM)Kane Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 10:03 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: By Pro Football Focus. It’s a stats thing. But we know stats don’t tell the whole story.

PFF ratings are nebulous at best for certain positions. 

Probably their most nonsensical ratings stem from DBs who play in zone coverage. 
The Jags played zone defense or a combo of zone/man almost that entire game. 
Andy Reid used Tyreek Hill to clear out Ramsey's quarter of the field early on because he new Ramsey was manned up on him while the other DBs were playing zone. He'd then send Kelce or Watkins to the zone that Ramsey vacated for a completion. 
PFF likely grades this as a strike against Ramsey for vacating his quadrant of zone coverage. (though he was just following his assignment)
Once Tyreek left the game Ramsey indeed was in zone coverage most of the time and only gave up two plays of any consequence during that portion of the game. PFF just sucks at rating these coverages for some reason. 

Anyway, anyone with half a brain can rewatch the game and see Ramsey gave up very little besides the push off TD Watkins got by with. He didn't play poorly in that contest.

(09-19-2019, 06:56 AM)rfc17 Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 11:08 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I'm just sick about the whole thing.  I'm pissed at Ramsey for wanting a trade.  I'm pissed at the team for helping to create an atmosphere where he wants out.

Unless there is a lot more to the backstory we dont know about, I still don't get the myth that the team created an atmosphere so toxic he just has to leave.  They've bent over backwards to support him since he first got here. Put up with his attitude, let him leave training camp to be his child, lets him spend the offseason away from the team, etc...  What else could they have done to make his life better?  They just dont let him play man coverage as much as he wants?  The team just isnt winning as much as wants them to?  So stupid.

Does he really think any NFL team out there would let him run whatever coverage or defense he wants to on any play he wants?  Of course not.  Every team mixes up coverages.  Not every DB is as good as he is and cant play man to man every play.  Plus it's preposterously stupid to do so as it would make any defense easy to gameplan for.  No matter where he plays, he'll always be playing a mix of man and zone.  if he thinks things will be different elsewhere, he is as dumb as he comes across.  

As far as the team not winning enough, does he think the team isn't trying to win?  Sure the organization has made some stupid decisions and we got hammered with injuries last year, but why do this now two games into the season?  If you didnt like the direction of the organization, do this in the offseason and dont ruin the season for all the teammates you supposedly love.  Did he think this team was beneath him but out of the goodness of his heart was he going to give us one more season?  But now after the starting QB gets knocked out and his secondary got smoked by the Chiefs, he just couldnt handle it anymore cuz he just cares about winning so much?  If only the organization could have lived up to his standards and won for him the first two weeks of the year.  What an immature quitter.  

Again, unless there is far more to the story that we havent heard yet, I dont think the team has done anything to create this atmosphere.  This is just an immature player who doesnt have an ounce of professionalism in him.  If this team didnt win enough for him and he didnt like the direction of the coaches, that's totally understandable but again, do this in the offseason like a professional.  Not two weeks into the season like a primadonna.  Dude is a headcase.  I hope we can find a fair trade within the next couple of days so we're rid of him.

Good points, and for the most part I agree with you. But, in reference to the part I have put in bold, I have felt for a while now with this team that there are lots of things that are happening / have happened behind closed doors that we are not aware of. There has just been a lot of stuff that seems like there's more to it than meets the eye, Telvin for example. If Jalen does go, it will be interesting to see if he keeps quiet or he decides to unload on the organization and tell it how he sees it. Knowing Jalen, the second approach seems very possible. Wouldn't surprise me if we do eventually find out more than we know right now.

(09-19-2019, 10:18 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 10:06 AM)Kane Wrote: Not sure how they compile their stats but Ramsey when guarding Hopkins (arguably the best WR in the league) held him to like 4/30 or something

PFF ratings are nebulous at best for certain positions. 

Probably their most nonsensical ratings stem from DBs who play in zone coverage. 
Andy Reid used Tyreek Hill to clear out Ramsey's quarter of the field early on because he new Ramsey was manned up on him while the other DBs were playing zone. He'd then send Kelce or Watkins to the zone that Ramsey vacated for a completion. 
PFF likely grades this as a strike against Ramsey for vacating his quadrant of zone coverage. (though he was just following his assignment)
Once Tyreek left the game Ramsey indeed was in zone coverage most of the time and only gave up two plays of any consequence during that portion of the game. PFF just sucks at rating these coverages for some reason. 

Anyway, anyone with half a brain can rewatch the game and see Ramsey gave up very little besides the push off TD Watkins got by with. He didn't play poorly in that contest.

A half a brain lol, Its funny how you think you know more than the coaches, pff, ex player like Lags and Leon, and everyone on this board.  Ramsey isnt very good when a zone coverage is called, its why he hates playing it.  He moves from his area a good bit in zone because he just messes up,  gets baited, or he dont trust his teammates.

(09-19-2019, 10:28 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 10:18 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: PFF ratings are nebulous at best for certain positions. 

A half a brain lol, Its funny how you think you know more than the coaches, pff, ex player like Lags and Leon, and everyone on this board.  Ramsey isnt very good when a zone coverage is called, its why he hates playing it.  He moves from his area a good bit in zone because he just messes up,  gets baited, or he dont trust his teammates.

We've already hashed out our disagreement on this a half dozen times. Let it go. 
I don't care that you think he played so poorly in that game. You stated it a dozen times now. 
I was there and rewatched it twice on all22.  I have a different opinion than you. 

I don't give a [BLEEP] what jilted ex players or PFF have to say. I have my own analysis. I trust my eyes. 

Let it go.

To be fair PFF also say Jalen has a strong argument for being the most valuable corner in the league. They say the grades don't actually reflect how dominant Jalen is

https://twitter.com/PFF_George/status/11...30208?s=09

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2019, 10:38 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

Ive seen Lags beeak dowm plays like on Film Room Friday and be pretty educated at what he was looking at instead of your gifs and saying he was good. It matched what ppf says and what a lot on this board seen as well

(09-19-2019, 10:34 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 10:28 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: A half a brain lol, Its funny how you think you know more than the coaches, pff, ex player like Lags and Leon, and everyone on this board.  Ramsey isnt very good when a zone coverage is called, its why he hates playing it.  He moves from his area a good bit in zone because he just messes up,  gets baited, or he dont trust his teammates.

We've already hashed out our disagreement on this a half dozen times. Let it go. 
I don't care that you think he played so poorly in that game. You stated it a dozen times now. 
I was there and rewatched it twice on all22.  I have a different opinion than you. 

I don't give a [BLEEP] what jilted ex players or PFF have to say. I have my own analysis. I trust my eyes. 

Let it go.
Yeah, just let ot go.  Dont get your feelings hurt that you missed analyzed his play week 1.  Im just ready to see what happens when he losses with his next team

(09-19-2019, 10:35 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ive seen Lags beeak dowm plays like on Film Room Friday and be pretty educated at what he was looking at instead of your gifs and saying he was good.  It matched what ppf says and what a lot on this board seen as well

Good for you, buddy.  Have you figured out how to move on with different opinions yet? 

I seriously don't give a [BLEEP] what you think about this.  *shrug*

(09-19-2019, 10:50 AM)Brett Wrote: https://twitter.com/RossTuckerNFL/status...5161793536

Spot on.

(09-19-2019, 10:50 AM)Brett Wrote: https://twitter.com/RossTuckerNFL/status...5161793536

eh... depends on how close we are to a trade.  If it is all but finalized, I can't imagine we'd play him and I cant imagine the team receiving him would want him playing either. If a trade hasn't been finalized yet then obviously we are still negotiating.  If negotiations fall through, then we would have sat him for nothing in a critical game.  And then the team would get criticized for not playing him.  I know there will always knee jerk types that complain about everything so no matter what decision they go with these people will complain.

It seems to be a common opinion this week. I've heard it from about half the local and a few nat'l radio guys. 

If they actually do have a viable trade on the table and he gets hurt, oof, that would sting. 
Perhaps they simply haven't received an offer they like yet.

My guess is nobody wants to pay the price. And the Jags aren't budging -- which is smart. Why budge? Getting rid of Ramsey doesn't fix the team.