Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey has asked for trade (merged)

https://twitter.com/genefrenette/status/...39584?s=21

Sorry if this was already posted but interesting from Jack. Kind of contradicting himself after supporting Ramsey and then saying more or less he hopes we hold Ramsey hostage.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-18-2019, 06:35 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 06:05 PM)hb1148 Wrote: That'd be great if that's all it was about. The reality is that Ramsey's ego is to big for the Jacksonville market his own good.

Fixed that for you.

His press conference yesterday probably has teams saying NO!

The best thing that he can do for himself is to play and play BETTER than he did against the Texans.  What I mean by that is if/when an easy interception hits him in the gut he should catch it. secure it and score.

The only thing out of his presser is that "he wants to win".  Well news flash, teams that are actually contenders are not really going to line up to take his diva [BLEEP] on.  They are not going to invest draft picks as well as take on the burden of his new contract (when it happens).  If/when he gets traded it's not going to be to a top team.

He isn't going to a bad team

(09-18-2019, 06:05 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 04:25 PM)TheeKB Wrote: Not sure why there’s even a question as to what to do here... like Rome said, “keep the pro bowl players or the sub 500 coach?” (Paraphrasing a sports personality I don’t really give two cents about here but who has a valid point).

That'd be great if that's all it was about. The reality is that Ramsey's ego is to big for the Jacksonville market.

+1
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Just remember, any picks we get in a trade (outside of acquiring a starting CB in return), at least one will have to be used on finding Ramsey's replacement. By trading Ramsey, we are creating a need at CB, where we didn't have one before. Bouye is not a #1 CB, so we'll likely have to use a first round pick (whether it be our original pick or one we acquire via trade) to find another lock down corner. We're gonna need to get either two first rounders or a first and multiple other picks/players just to come out ahead on this mess, since we'll be creating another need on top of the ones we already had, (TE, O-Line, LB, S, RB depth and possibly NT if we don't restructure Dareus.) Outside of a miracle, I don't see us turning this thing around for at least 3 years, possibly longer if the front office and coaches remain as they are now.

(09-18-2019, 04:00 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 02:54 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Shefter has reaffirmed that it came from Sweet Jalens camp.

I understood it as after it was leaked, Shefter confirmed it with Jalen's camp. I haven't reading anything about where the initial leak came from. 

I figured that the Jags or the agent was "shopping" Jalen to see what the interest or likely offers would be, and one or some of those teams started talking.

That is correct. Somebody(highly likely the team) leaked it and Schefter reported it.

A little while later Schefter made another report that he confirmed it with Jalen's Agent/team that it was real and he was indeed requesting a trade.

The team had to of leaked it this time, just like they leaked that they were possibly shopping him last season as well.

(09-18-2019, 06:35 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 06:05 PM)hb1148 Wrote: That'd be great if that's all it was about. The reality is that Ramsey's ego is to big for the Jacksonville market his own good.

Fixed that for you.

His press conference yesterday probably has teams saying NO!

The best thing that he can do for himself is to play and play BETTER than he did against the Texans.  What I mean by that is if/when an easy interception hits him in the gut he should catch it. secure it and score.

The only thing out of his presser is that "he wants to win".  Well news flash, teams that are actually contenders are not really going to line up to take his diva [BLEEP] on.  They are not going to invest draft picks as well as take on the burden of his new contract (when it happens).  If/when he gets traded it's not going to be to a top team.

That's not a comment on the Jax market, it's a good NFL market, that's a comment about the size of Ramsey's ego. I'd love to see him traded to the Bengals or the Bills. The whining would start immediately.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(09-18-2019, 05:35 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 05:32 PM)p_rushing Wrote: I think something happens on Friday .... Moron is fired. The team has no business letting him talk to the media if it wasn't worked out beforehand. He looked way to happy, like he knew a secret but couldn't tell us. He basically said I love everyone, etc but never mentions the coaching as he just ignores it or says not going to say anything.

Something had to happen before he did the press conference and he didn't talk to Moron. You don't play him if you are trading him the next day.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

I hope a coaching change and/or trade is not made until the season is over.  We cannot let players dictate coaches.  Don't trade the player unless someone makes you an offer you can't refuse.

I agree but in this case Marrone isn't doing himself any favors by last year's record and what's happening now. Ramsey isn't the only one pissed with how things are.

Guy sick of losing drops winning pick 6 in tough road game.

Then blames everyone else...

It's looking more and more like he will be out of here by this weekend. Only contending teams seem the most interrested so the picks we receive won't be that high. ?

Still don't see the reasoning in trading him now. Whatever picks we get from him now are surely going to change from now til the end of the season. We could look at a trade to a team we think will be drafting in the top ten now, but if he makes them better and they make the playoffs, then did you actually get good value for him. Trade him at the earliest mid season, or before the draft and free agency, he is not going to sit out or tank because that hurts his value.

Gosh I hope it’s not only to contenders. I hope it’s not the Chiefs or Pats. Because, those are basically 2nd Round Picks for a once in a decade type CB. 

I can’t imagine a player won’t be apart of this deal. A Clinton Portis trade with Champ Bailey type situation. I could see us trading for another’s teams guard. 

I’d trade Ramsey for Two Mid-Late Firsts and a Run Blocking Guard

(09-18-2019, 10:29 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Guy sick of losing drops winning pick 6 in tough road game.

Then blames everyone else...

Yeah basically. Dude clearly has maturity issues. He’s going to go somewhere they will certainly play zone at some point, and may even do it frequently. He will probably lose a lot of games because he won’t be staying on a team that has, or needs to sign a top tier quarterback in the next year or two... so he’s either going to wise up, realize this now and play here... or he gets traded and learns the hard way that the nfl has very few teams that win all the time, or end up in the playoffs every year while doing exactly what Jalen wants all the time. So unless he goes to the Chiefs or Patriots, Jalen will still be searching for all those wins he’s craving. And both of those teams would dump him come extension time because his value is probably at or over 100 million for a lengthy contract and they have quarterbacks that already demand a massive salary. This whole debacle makes you wonder if Jalen will ever be happy playing pro football. Dudes needs to grow up or he will never be happy as a pro.

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2019, 10:54 PM by Bullseye.)

(09-18-2019, 08:42 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Just remember, any picks we get in a trade (outside of acquiring a starting CB in return), at least one will have to be used on finding Ramsey's replacement. By trading Ramsey, we are creating a need at CB, where we didn't have one before. Bouye is not a #1 CB, so we'll likely have to use a first round pick (whether it be our original pick or one we acquire via trade) to find another lock down corner. We're gonna need to get either two first rounders or a first and multiple other picks/players just to come out ahead on this mess, since we'll be creating another need on top of the ones we already had, (TE, O-Line, LB, S, RB depth and possibly NT if we don't restructure Dareus.) Outside of a miracle, I don't see us turning this thing around for at least 3 years, possibly longer if the front office and coaches remain as they are now.

I would reflexively be in complete agreement with you regarding the CB position, but after researching the Eric Dickerson trade, I am given pause.  The Rams employed a similar approach after trading away Eric Dickerson.

It did NOT go well.

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...pid1235911

We have to evaluate properly and get the pick right.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(09-18-2019, 08:13 PM)d4rkman Wrote: https://twitter.com/genefrenette/status/...39584?s=21

Sorry if this was already posted but interesting from Jack. Kind of contradicting himself after supporting Ramsey and then saying more or less he hopes we hold Ramsey hostage.

Well, he could support Ramsey on some things and still want him to stay.

As awkwardly executed as the press conference was, it couldn't have been easy for Jalen under the circumstances.  If he loves his teammates as he asserts, asking for a trade couldn't have been easy.  Perhaps he has been conflicted about wanting a trade.  Who knows?

Perhaps Jack knows Ramsey's thought process and as a friend and teammate, wanted to support him.

I'm just sick about the whole thing.  I'm pissed at Ramsey for wanting a trade.  I'm pissed at the team for helping to create an atmosphere where he wants out.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(09-18-2019, 11:08 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 08:13 PM)d4rkman Wrote: https://twitter.com/genefrenette/status/...39584?s=21

As awkwardly executed as the press conference was, it couldn't have been easy for Jalen under the circumstances.  If he loves his teammates as he asserts, asking for a trade couldn't have been easy.  Perhaps he has been conflicted about wanting a trade.  Who knows?

Perhaps Jack knows Ramsey's thought process and as a friend and teammate, wanted to support him.

I'm just sick about the whole thing.  I'm pissed at Ramsey for wanting a trade.  I'm pissed at the team for helping to create an atmosphere where he wants out.
Exactly my feelings.

[BLEEP] him,
[BLEEP] them grrr

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(09-18-2019, 11:08 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

100% agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

(09-18-2019, 10:50 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 08:42 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Just remember, any picks we get in a trade (outside of acquiring a starting CB in return), at least one will have to be used on finding Ramsey's replacement. By trading Ramsey, we are creating a need at CB, where we didn't have one before. Bouye is not a #1 CB, so we'll likely have to use a first round pick (whether it be our original pick or one we acquire via trade) to find another lock down corner. We're gonna need to get either two first rounders or a first and multiple other picks/players just to come out ahead on this mess, since we'll be creating another need on top of the ones we already had, (TE, O-Line, LB, S, RB depth and possibly NT if we don't restructure Dareus.) Outside of a miracle, I don't see us turning this thing around for at least 3 years, possibly longer if the front office and coaches remain as they are now.

I would reflexively be in complete agreement with you regarding the CB position, but after researching the Eric Dickerson trade, I am given pause.  The Rams employed a similar approach after trading away Eric Dickerson.

It did NOT go well.

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...pid1235911

We have to evaluate properly and get the pick right.

Ironic that the one pick the team has gotten right in the last decade is the guy who wants out now. Crappy situation all around. Team has given him no reason to want to stay in Jax and has repeatedly shown its a poor run front office. I don't blame him at all but still sucks to see him want out.
"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2019, 12:59 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

I have a sneaking suspicion that by the end of this weekend, Ramsey will either be a Raider or a 49'er. I think we'll get back something like a 1st, a 2nd and a 3rd round pick.

There's no way they trade him this year.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(09-18-2019, 11:08 PM)Bullseye Wrote: ...

Hear, hear!