Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey has asked for trade (merged)

(09-26-2019, 10:22 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 10:11 AM)knarnn Wrote: [Image: 1yengq.jpg]

That looks like a Facebook meme circa 2008

[Image: spongebob.jpg]
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-26-2019, 06:53 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 02:25 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Yes, the day after the baby is born. He didn't push out the baby. She did all the work. Besides, from what I heard, he only lives an hour away. He can go to work and be back home all evening. My dad worked double shifts before and after I was born to pay the bills. He did the same with my sister. It's not like Ramsey is going away forever. He's going to work just like 99% of America and coming back home in the late afternoon/evening to his family. Since when is that asking too much? It's been this way for centuries. What does the baby's health have to do with this? If the baby is born healthy they usually send the mother home that day with the kid. His girlfriend has another child, so she's an experienced mom. She knows what to do. Besides, they wouldn't send the kid home unless it was healthy, so I have no idea how the kid's health is an issue. I already said, if there was complications, of course he could have off. If the baby is born healthy though (which we all hope), I expect him back to work. 

As far as the timing, I think Ramsey is immature, but I also think he has a smart agent who is in his ear instigating all of the chaos, so he can get traded to a bigger market and more money.
I take it you don’t have kids.

I slept on that god awful “chair bed” they have in the room for dads. For 3 days because guess what.... I’m the father.

Telling someone they should go back to work the day after their child is born when it’s THEIR child and not yours is wrong. It’s literally none of your business what he does after the baby is born and there is no rules for how long he can stay away. So you can’t fine him like you would want to.

He should have done better planning, when it came to having kids. At least he made the first one so his girlfriend gave birth before the regular season. You actually can plan for children and when you are paid millions of dollars to play a game, I expect you at work, if you are physically able. For God sakes, the man only works half a year! These games are for real and the team is paying him a lot of money to be on the field, helping win games. Again, I'm not telling SOMEONE to go back to work the day a after their kid is born. I am telling a FATHER who only lives an hour away from his home and makes A LOT of money, to go back to work. You can either chose to have kids during the season and be fined game checks or have them in the off season and receive full pay. If I am a team owner, it is my business what he does after the baby is born, because I'm paying him to be at work. If he isn't there, that is an offense that they could fine him for.

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2019, 10:45 AM by TrivialPursuit.)

(09-26-2019, 09:56 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 02:25 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Yes, the day after the baby is born. He didn't push out the baby. She did all the work. Besides, from what I heard, he only lives an hour away. He can go to work and be back home all evening. My dad worked double shifts before and after I was born to pay the bills. He did the same with my sister. It's not like Ramsey is going away forever. He's going to work just like 99% of America and coming back home in the late afternoon/evening to his family. Since when is that asking too much? It's been this way for centuries. What does the baby's health have to do with this? If the baby is born healthy they usually send the mother home that day with the kid. His girlfriend has another child, so she's an experienced mom. She knows what to do. Besides, they wouldn't send the kid home unless it was healthy, so I have no idea how the kid's health is an issue. I already said, if there was complications, of course he could have off. If the baby is born healthy though (which we all hope), I expect him back to work. 

As far as the timing, I think Ramsey is immature, but I also think he has a smart agent who is in his ear instigating all of the chaos, so he can get traded to a bigger market and more money.

....please give us warning to pre-pop the popcorn before dropping gems like these.

You don't just 'rub some dirt on it' and be done with the delivery within a day. Having another child only complicates the matter further, mom is going to be in bed and recuperating for several days regardless of how the newborn is delivered. The simple act of preparing a meal would be an endeavor, especially if there is also a second toddler to care after.

I worked two jobs as well when my son was born. Both my employers were fully aware of the approximate due date, and that I planned to take time off to tend to wife and baby alike. Both jobs were perfectly fine with it, and even when he came a little early, schedules were flexible enough to account for my absence. I took a week, and that first week was still pretty rough, because every 2 or 3 hours, it's feeding time again, and changing time, and then trying to get back to sleep time, and you end up little more than a zombie as you sleep walk through daily responsibilities. Frankly, I would have been worthless at either job.  Guess I'm just not the man your dad was, but I am fine with that, and I'd wager Jalen is, too.

Meh.. I guess if you have a weak woman.

My girl was up and taking care of stuff immediately after the birth of our second.. it was a home birth so she wasn't doped up with chemicals and she was right back to taking care of our other son as well.

Hell immediately after the birth she walked our newborn into our other sons room so they could meet.

And there is no exaggeration, women in remote villages have birth while working and then continue to work. It's possible.. but we in the west have made pregnancy and birth into a huge deal. Uhhh, we've done it for thousands and thousands of years before hospitals were even a thought.

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2019, 10:48 AM by JackCity.)

(09-26-2019, 10:42 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 06:53 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I take it you don’t have kids.

I slept on that god awful “chair bed” they have in the room for dads. For 3 days because guess what.... I’m the father.

Telling someone they should go back to work the day after their child is born when it’s THEIR child and not yours is wrong. It’s literally none of your business what he does after the baby is born and there is no rules for how long he can stay away. So you can’t fine him like you would want to.

He should have done better planning, when it came to having kids. At least he made the first one so his girlfriend gave birth before the regular season. You actually can plan for children and when you are paid millions of dollars to play a game, I expect you at work, if you are physically able. For God sakes, the man only works half a year! These games are for real and the team is paying him a lot of money to be on the field, helping win games. Again, I'm not telling SOMEONE to go back to work the day a after their kid is born. I am telling a FATHER who only lives an hour away from his home and makes A LOT of money, to go back to work. You can either chose to have kids during the season and be fined game checks or have them in the off season and receive full pay. If I am a team owner, it is my business what he does after the baby is born, because I'm paying him to be at work. If he isn't there, that is an offense that they could fine him for.

What the hell is wrong with you?

(09-26-2019, 10:35 AM)knarnn Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 10:22 AM)JackCity Wrote: That looks like a Facebook meme circa 2008

[Image: spongebob.jpg]

Much better

(09-26-2019, 09:56 AM)Mikey Wrote:

....please give us warning to pre-pop the popcorn before dropping gems like these.

You don't just 'rub some dirt on it' and be done with the delivery within a day. Having another child only complicates the matter further, mom is going to be in bed and recuperating for several days regardless of how the newborn is delivered. The simple act of preparing a meal would be an endeavor, especially if there is also a second toddler to care after.

I worked two jobs as well when my son was born. Both my employers were fully aware of the approximate due date, and that I planned to take time off to tend to wife and baby alike. Both jobs were perfectly fine with it, and even when he came a little early, schedules were flexible enough to account for my absence. I took a week, and that first week was still pretty rough, because every 2 or 3 hours, it's feeding time again, and changing time, and then trying to get back to sleep time, and you end up little more than a zombie as you sleep walk through daily responsibilities. Frankly, I would have been worthless at either job.  Guess I'm just not the man your dad was, but I am fine with that, and I'd wager Jalen is, too.

Dude, you fly her family out here to help her. That's what a thoughtful new father with an important job and a ton of money would do. Then, when you get home from work, you do what you're supposed to do. If the mother has no family, you hire a nanny and maid to wait on her and the kids. He's a football star for God's sake! This is not hard to figure out. He is not some Joe Schmo with an average job. He works half a year and could have planned to have the baby in the offseason/preseason. When you have a kid during the regular season, the rules shouldn't change. If you are physically able to play, you play. That's why NFL players make big bucks.

(09-26-2019, 09:29 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 09:07 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: How do we know the kid is even his? He could have just gone to Rent-a-Baby.. We need a DNA test.. I think he's just trying to get out of practice and games.

Don't rule out an Immaculate Conception. Perhaps Jalen is the next coming ..... The Chosen One.

Blasphemy!

Lebron is the chosen one.....

https://youtu.be/LIRHB0mNeqM

(09-26-2019, 10:46 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 10:42 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: He should have done better planning, when it came to having kids. At least he made the first one so his girlfriend gave birth before the regular season. You actually can plan for children and when you are paid millions of dollars to play a game, I expect you at work, if you are physically able. For God sakes, the man only works half a year! These games are for real and the team is paying him a lot of money to be on the field, helping win games. Again, I'm not telling SOMEONE to go back to work the day a after their kid is born. I am telling a FATHER who only lives an hour away from his home and makes A LOT of money, to go back to work. You can either chose to have kids during the season and be fined game checks or have them in the off season and receive full pay. If I am a team owner, it is my business what he does after the baby is born, because I'm paying him to be at work. If he isn't there, that is an offense that they could fine him for.

What the hell is wrong with you?

I expect much more from people who make a lot of money for playing a team sport and work half a year. They are blessed to be in such a position and should be held to much higher standards.

(09-26-2019, 10:58 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 10:46 AM)JackCity Wrote: What the hell is wrong with you?

I expect much more from people who make a lot of money for playing a team sport and work half a year. They are blessed to be in such a position and should be held to much higher standards.

Yes... and no.

I'd reserve all the bellyaching and hand wringing for when he doesn't show up next Tues/Wed.

At that point it is no longer about being with his newborn (barring some sort of issue that would keep him there).

As for the whole "planning better" I can't get behind ya there.......
You shag when you shag, and when the baby is due, its due.
Even for a football player entertainer I can't say "you can't shag your ol' lady if she's gonna get knocked up and have a baby in the reg season"

I mean... that's extreme bro

(09-26-2019, 10:42 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 06:53 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I take it you don’t have kids.

I dont think you understand how having a baby works you dont just wave a wand and BAM you're pregnant, just thought I'd let you know.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(09-26-2019, 11:04 AM)Kane Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 10:58 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I expect much more from people who make a lot of money for playing a team sport and work half a year. They are blessed to be in such a position and should be held to much higher standards.

Yes... and no.

I'd reserve all the bellyaching and hand wringing for when he doesn't show up next Tues/Wed.

At that point it is no longer about being with his newborn (barring some sort of issue that would keep him there).

Even for a football player entertainer I can't say "you can't shag your ol' lady if she's gonna get knocked up and have a baby in the reg season"

Better to get it out of the way now, because we all know what’s going to happen.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(09-26-2019, 11:04 AM)Kane Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 10:58 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I expect much more from people who make a lot of money for playing a team sport and work half a year. They are blessed to be in such a position and should be held to much higher standards.

Yes... and no.

Condoms aren't expensive and in this day and age, you should always have one. It takes 2 seconds to put on. Saying, "you shag when you shag, and when the baby is due, it's due," is the reason why the world is overpopulated and so many kids are in the foster system. People need to be responsible and plan better.

(09-26-2019, 10:58 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 10:46 AM)JackCity Wrote: What the hell is wrong with you?

Dude. It's a game. You need to relax. There isn't a single thing on this planet that is more important than family. Get a grip and come back to reality.

You have so many wrong talking points here it's hilarious. 

1. He can't be fined game checks. 
2. He needs to plan better? Do you realize how hard it is for some families to even have children? 
3. You can plan all you want when it comes to having kids but sometimes, it doesn't matter.
4. You realize how bad it would look if the Jags were up in arms about a man being there for his child and family?

Again. This is a game. Yes they are paid millions of dollars but at the end of the day, it's a game and family 1000000% comes first.

This thread is getting epic
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(09-26-2019, 11:09 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 11:04 AM)Kane Wrote: Yes... and no.

Condoms aren't expensive and in this day and age, you should always have one. It takes 2 seconds to put on. Saying, "you shag when you shag, and when the baby is due, it's due," is the reason why the world is overpopulated and so many kids are in the foster system. People need to be responsible and plan better.
You legit know nothing about this topic. You need to step away.

(09-26-2019, 11:08 AM)knarnn Wrote:

Better to get it out of the way now, because we all know what’s going to happen.

I dunno.... I see it this way. Jalen will probably find a reason to not practice in hopes of preserving his body. But will show up to play while still with Jags.
I don't see the birth of a child as an excuse (like a mysterious 24 hr flu)
But I could see where people will be like "whats the next excuse"

As of now... I think Ramsey returns to Jville next Wednesday, is limited in practice and shows up to play v Panthers
Hell, in theory, he could have baby Ramsey be born today, and be back with team Saturday (unlikely I know)

I've already exhausted all the energy I'm willing to worrying about what ifs with this guy.
Ready to pour more energy into Minshew Mania and whatever happens with Ramsey happens.

It is out of our control and none of us should be so upset about the actions of some football player.
We should all take a step back and a deep breath and try to enjoy football.

(09-26-2019, 11:11 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 11:09 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Condoms aren't expensive and in this day and age, you should always have one. It takes 2 seconds to put on. Saying, "you shag when you shag, and when the baby is due, it's due," is the reason why the world is overpopulated and so many kids are in the foster system. People need to be responsible and plan better.
You legit know nothing about this topic. You need to step away.

It's all about responsibility.

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2019, 11:15 AM by Kane.)

(09-26-2019, 11:09 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Bwahahahahaha....

Are you being obtuse on purpose?

(09-26-2019, 11:12 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 11:11 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: You legit know nothing about this topic. You need to step away.

It's all about responsibility.

I'm sure Ramsey will take responsibility and his kids wont end up in foster care.... sooooo.... whats your point?

It is amazing that you are THIS upset about Jalen Ramsey having a child in September/October.
A-MAZE-ING

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2019, 11:18 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(09-26-2019, 11:12 AM)Kane Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 11:08 AM)knarnn Wrote: Better to get it out of the way now, because we all know what’s going to happen.

I dunno.... I see it this way. Jalen will probably find a reason to not practice in hopes of preserving his body. But will show up to play while still with Jags.
I don't see the birth of a child as an excuse (like a mysterious 24 hr flu)
But I could see where people will be like "whats the next excuse"

As of now... I think Ramsey returns to Jville next Wednesday, is limited in practice and shows up to play v Panthers
Hell, in theory, he could have baby Ramsey be born today, and be back with team Saturday (unlikely I know)

I've already exhausted all the energy I'm willing to worrying about what ifs with this guy.
Ready to pour more energy into Minshew Mania and whatever happens with Ramsey happens.

It is out of our control and none of us should be so upset about the actions of some football player.
We should all take a step back and a deep breath and try to enjoy football.

I hope you're right. That would be ideal, but something tells me it won't happen this way. I just gotta wait and see. I'd expect him back sometime next week in normal circumstances, but nothing about this situation is normal.

(09-26-2019, 11:14 AM)Kane Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 11:09 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Condoms aren't expensive and in this day and age, you should always have one. It takes 2 seconds to put on. Saying, "you shag when you shag, and when the baby is due, it's due," is the reason why the world is overpopulated and so many kids are in the foster system. People need to be responsible and plan better.

Bwahahahahaha....

Are you being obtuse on purpose?

(09-26-2019, 11:12 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: It's all about responsibility.

I'm sure Ramsey will take responsibility and his kids wont end up in foster care.... sooooo.... whats your point?

It is amazing that you are THIS upset about Jalen Ramsey having a child in September/October.
A-MAZE-ING

How is being responsible, obtuse? The responsibility part is about the timing of the birth, because he is likely missing a game. He is a star player who is needed on the field.

(09-26-2019, 11:10 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
Dude. It's a game. You need to relax. There isn't a single thing on this planet that is more important than family. Get a grip and come back to reality.

You have so many wrong talking points here it's hilarious. 

1. He can't be fined game checks. 
2. He needs to plan better? Do you realize how hard it is for some families to even have children? 
3. You can plan all you want when it comes to having kids but sometimes, it doesn't matter.
4. You realize how bad it would look if the Jags were up in arms about a man being there for his child and family?

Again. This is a game. Yes they are paid millions of dollars but at the end of the day, it's a game and family 1000000% comes first.

And I never thought I’d agree with an opinion of yours!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!