Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey has asked for trade (merged)

(09-30-2019, 07:59 AM)Jagwired Wrote: But, but, " I don't want to be no distraction". Buuwwhahhaahaa!!!! He has zero clue that is all he is at this point. That is the level of density we are dealing with here.

Mr Khan-  " I will make him the highest paid corner ever"

Sweet Jalen- "My trade request still stands"

Mr Khan- " All right, [BLEEP] you then"

I'm pretty sure only you and a couple of other people who have zero clue are trying to say it's a distraction.  The coaches, the team, the owner, etc. don't seem to find it much of a distraction at all.  They're too busy winning football games while you're whining like a baby.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-30-2019, 08:29 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-30-2019, 08:20 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: None of this matters. Ramsey will be traded whether it be before the trade deadline or in the off season. He has stated that it's not about the money. he doesn't want to be here. you cannot make a guy want to be here, no matter how much money you throw at him. The relationship is broken! If we're going to lose him sooner or later, you might as well trade him when his trade value is high. At this point though, with the team's unwillingness to deal him and Ramsey's unrelenting desire to leave, I expect this to be resolves in the off season, probably close to, if not during the draft.

No way! If it's a good team, you're basically getting a pair of second rounders. The only way I do that deal is if they throw in a good starter at a need position for us. Not a backup, but someone who is a solid starting player. Then, maybe we can talk. Two, low first round picks isn't gonna cut it though.

What he wants doesn't matter, what part of that statement dont you understand? That fact has not changed in two weeks, and it isnt going to, so this whole thing is a media creation that isnt really a story at all.

And LaCanfora has zero credibility too.

I'm not gonna keep a guy on my team that is probably gonna be a long term holdout in 2020. That would be asinine. What good is it to keep a guy on the roster who isn't playing, when you can replace him with a guy who could play? Just because you wanna prove a point? No. I'm gonna do the smart thing and get something for him while I can. I'm not gonna give him away though. The price is set and will continue to be what it is. Teams are much more willing to make deals in the off season.

(09-30-2019, 08:50 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-30-2019, 08:29 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: What he wants doesn't matter, what part of that statement dont you understand? That fact has not changed in two weeks, and it isnt going to, so this whole thing is a media creation that isnt really a story at all.

I'm not gonna keep a guy on my team that is probably gonna be a long term holdout in 2020. That would be asinine. What good is it to keep a guy on the roster who isn't playing, when you can replace him with a guy who could play? Just because you wanna prove a point? No. I'm gonna do the smart thing and get something for him while I can. I'm not gonna give him away though. The price is set and will continue to be what it is. Teams are much more willing to make deals in the off season.

I think this is the likely scenario.

(09-30-2019, 08:50 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-30-2019, 08:29 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: What he wants doesn't matter, what part of that statement dont you understand? That fact has not changed in two weeks, and it isnt going to, so this whole thing is a media creation that isnt really a story at all.

He can go on the Justin Blackmon/Telvin Smith plan for all I care, players can't be allowed to run the front office and his rights belong to us indefinitely if he refuses to play.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-30-2019, 08:42 AM)ATLjag Wrote:
(09-30-2019, 07:19 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: If true, entire front office should be let go.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...en-ramsey/

Below in the comments section of the article, a Philly fan wrote:

"Per a source with credible knowledge of this situation. Philly offered 2 first rounders and a CB (Darby, Sidney Jones or Douglas) Philly wanted a 3rd or 4th along with Ramsey."

After watching Herndon get spanked repeatedly yesterday, I think it will take an unbelievable trade offer to give up the rights to Ramsey.  

That trade looked good until the part where they wanted a 3rd or 4 as well. No deal. I'm not a fan of Darby, Jones is good, but never healthy and Douglas is a borderline starter. They need to replace CB with one of their TE's to make that deal work. Two first rounders and Dallas Goedert for Ramsey and a 5th rounder.

(09-30-2019, 08:48 AM)KingIngram052787 Wrote:
(09-30-2019, 07:59 AM)Jagwired Wrote: But, but, " I don't want to be no distraction". Buuwwhahhaahaa!!!! He has zero clue that is all he is at this point. That is the level of density we are dealing with here.

I'm pretty sure only you and a couple of other people who have zero clue are trying to say it's a distraction.  The coaches, the team, the owner, etc. don't seem to find it much of a distraction at all.  They're too busy winning football games while you're whining like a baby.
Go ahead and hop on. There is one tiny spot of room on Jalens jock for you as well. Just be careful because you all are causing sweet Jalen's back to hurt. Buuuwwwhhahhaa!!!
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(09-30-2019, 08:52 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-30-2019, 08:50 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm not gonna keep a guy on my team that is probably gonna be a long term holdout in 2020. That would be asinine. What good is it to keep a guy on the roster who isn't playing, when you can replace him with a guy who could play? Just because you wanna prove a point? No. I'm gonna do the smart thing and get something for him while I can. I'm not gonna give him away though. The price is set and will continue to be what it is. Teams are much more willing to make deals in the off season.

He can go on the Justin Blackmon/Telvin Smith plan for all I care, players can't be allowed to run the front office and his rights belong to us indefinitely if he refuses to play.

I'm gonna put winning and doing what's right for the rest of the team, above being stubborn and trying to prove a point. It's all about winning games on the field, not winning arguments between players and management.

(09-30-2019, 08:55 AM)Jagwired Wrote:
(09-30-2019, 08:48 AM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: I'm pretty sure only you and a couple of other people who have zero clue are trying to say it's a distraction.  The coaches, the team, the owner, etc. don't seem to find it much of a distraction at all.  They're too busy winning football games while you're whining like a baby.
Go ahead and hop on. There is one tiny spot of room on Jalens jock for you as well. Just be careful because you all are causing sweet Jalen's back to hurt. Buuuwwwhhahhaa!!!

If this team plows out a few more wins, with or without him, we'll see Ramsey change his tune. Can't have the Jags be good if he's not the reason why.

(09-30-2019, 08:57 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-30-2019, 08:52 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: He can go on the Justin Blackmon/Telvin Smith plan for all I care, players can't be allowed to run the front office and his rights belong to us indefinitely if he refuses to play.

I'm gonna put winning and doing what's right for the rest of the team, above being stubborn and trying to prove a point. It's all about winning games on the field, not winning arguments between players and management.

Lol, as they've won two in a row. You need a lesson in perseverance, you dont seem to have the stomach to deal with people.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-30-2019, 06:31 AM)hb1148 Wrote: There's no doubt we're better with Ramsey than without him. We're still a pretty good defense though and 20 doesn't want to play here. We can get a talented CB in next year's draft.

Next year's draft is really deep at CB. We could use our highest 1st rounder on a LT (moving Robinson inside to LG and cutting Norwell) and then using a 1st rounder we acquire as part of a package deal for Ramsey to get a new starting CB. There will be very good CB's, probably all the way into the top of round 3. I see only three elite LT's though, Andrew Thomas of Georgia, Trey Adams of Washington and Alaric Jackson of Iowa.

"I just want to [expletive] win"
-- one day after a winnable one-point loss and since then two straight wins.

Your move, J.

(09-30-2019, 08:54 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-30-2019, 08:42 AM)ATLjag Wrote: Below in the comments section of the article, a Philly fan wrote:

"Per a source with credible knowledge of this situation. Philly offered 2 first rounders and a CB (Darby, Sidney Jones or Douglas) Philly wanted a 3rd or 4th along with Ramsey."

After watching Herndon get spanked repeatedly yesterday, I think it will take an unbelievable trade offer to give up the rights to Ramsey.  

That trade looked good until the part where they wanted a 3rd or 4 as well. No deal. I'm not a fan of Darby, Jones is good, but never healthy and Douglas is a borderline starter. They need to replace CB with one of their TE's to make that deal work. Two first rounders and Dallas Goedert for Ramsey and a 5th rounder.
The Eagles have always been the team I prefer to trade with. I'm not surprised Goedert wasn't part of their offer since they have big plans for him. I'd go along with your deal getting 2 first rounders and Goedert for Ramsey and a 5th, but didn't they trade that to the Steelers for Dobbs? Regardless, I'd still do this trade with us parting with a 4th rounder in addition to Ramsay. Herndon does need to improve considerably, however. Fortunately, he will be going against 2 backup q.b.'s the next couple of weeks and no elite guys like Mahomes for the remainder of this season. 

The best scenerio with this trade is that the Jags still can win the AFC South with Herndon, but would lose to the Patriots and Chiefs since Brady and Mahomes would continue to target the young quarterback. They would still come out of this trade knowing the cornerback class is very deep and they should find a guy who can replace Herndon at starter. This defense can still be very good by re-signing Yannick (he's not 100% now). Add in a weapon like Goedert and another first rounder and this trade would be probably the best the Jags could do.

(09-30-2019, 09:28 AM)Mikey Wrote: "I just want to [expletive] win"
-- one day after a winnable one-point loss and since then two straight wins.

Your move, J.

This team could be 3-1 if we gained a few inches on that 2 pt try, or took it to OT. Man that Houston game may come back to haunt us this year! 

Jalen doesn't want to be here. Not about winning, or money. He's upset over some nonsense and thats fine. I say 2 1sts and a starter or no deal. Let him sit, or play, or whatever he wants. The Jaguars have 100% leverage here and Jalen has 0. If he wants to sit and malign himself with teammates or the coaches, whatever. He's doing what he feels is best for him and the team/FO can only do the same.

lets be honest. Only Jalen has mentioned something disrespectful said to him by Coughlin. We haven't heard from Coughlin, so who knows what exactly was said.

(09-30-2019, 08:58 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-30-2019, 08:55 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Go ahead and hop on. There is one tiny spot of room on Jalens jock for you as well. Just be careful because you all are causing sweet Jalen's back to hurt. Buuuwwwhhahhaa!!!

If this team plows out a few more wins, with or without him, we'll see Ramsey change his tune. Can't have the Jags be good if he's not the reason why.

(09-30-2019, 08:57 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm gonna put winning and doing what's right for the rest of the team, above being stubborn and trying to prove a point. It's all about winning games on the field, not winning arguments between players and management.

Lol, as they've won two in a row. You need a lesson in perseverance, you dont seem to have the stomach to deal with people.

You need a lesson in humility. It's not about breaking someone's will and making them bow down to your wishes. This game is about winning and sometimes you have to do things you don't wanna do to make the team better. I'd rather trade Ramsey for some high picks/good players in return who can help the team, rather than to keep him and have him holdout like LeVeon Bell did last season. We'd eventually lose him via free agency for what would be at best, a 3rd rounder. You can't keep a guy forever who doesn't want to be here. It's not feasible to keep a player who refuses to re-sign and will holdout until he is traded. That does us no good.

The organization will not be held ransom by a single player. They simply cannot allow that to happen.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Jalen was definitely no distraction yesterday..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Being both TC and jalen were on that plane ride......I wonder if maybe some things were ironed out?
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(09-30-2019, 08:48 AM)KingIngram052787 Wrote:

[Image: c3a1eb5478ace53f55c3f5baac7f8869229674c8...497be2.jpg]

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jagua...rade-saga/

Turned down two 1st-rounders it seems.

(09-30-2019, 06:31 AM)hb1148 Wrote: There's no doubt we're better with Ramsey than without him. We're still a pretty good defense though and 20 doesn't want to play here. We can get a talented CB in next year's draft.

I'm not so sure about that. Having two great corners is a large part of what unlocks our dline. Notice how like half of the sacks we got against Mariota were coverage sacks where he stepped up right into Taven/Smoot after patting the ball 4 or 5 times. We barely touched Flacco this game cause he was able to find an open man quickly.