Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Joe Biden's America

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2021, 07:25 PM by Lucky2Last. Edited 2 times in total.)

(09-15-2021, 06:46 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 06:45 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: That's dumb. You're a dude I respect, but this is easily your dumbest take since I've been reading you on this board. You aren't protecting [BLEEP] with this move and  you know it. Well, you should know it.

Here we go again.

I have been right about almost everything I've posted here. Let's recap:

The vaccine does not provide sterilizing immunity. You know this. All of the data shows this. The vaccinated share the same viral load as the unvaccinated for several days. The vaccinated still get sick, even if they don't know it, and can spread it to other people. The virus can still mutate in vaccinated hosts. The virus is found in many animals, and can mutate and spread to humans. A significant portion of the world is still unvaccinated. You aren't protecting [BLEEP], except for the risk someone is assuming upon themselves for catching Covid. That's it. You know it. You're only defense of this mandate is that it will protect the unvaccinated, uninfected employees from getting themselves sick. That's not your [BLEEP] job. 

Recovered patients have a much greater immunity than the vaccinated. You have a .09% of being HOSPITALIZED if you're under 50 and get Covid (that number gets much smaller if you take away mild cases). You have a .001% chance of DYING if you are under 50 and get Covid. The CDC itself has said that 75-80% of people in American have either had covid or been vaccinated. Which means many of the people you are putting out on their [BLEEP] have likely been already exposed to it. You have absolutely ZERO justification for having convalescent patients get the vaccine. The absolute risk reduction offered by getting the vaccine at this point is so close to zero, I can't believe we are even having this discussion. 

You were perfectly fine with having these very same people come in when the risk was completely unknown to them without being vaccinated. Yet, you, in the name of "SCIENCE" are going to terminate all employees who don't have the vaccination. [BLEEP] off with that [BLEEP]. I don't care what precedent has been set. People have the right to observe a novel vaccine for more than one year. In the era of absolute abuse of government and corporate greed, I am more mad at you for being this willfully ignorant than I am at these other morons who blindly follow the tripe. Grow some balls and stop justifying this stupid position.

P.S. Sorry for the harsh tone. I like you, but I meant everything I said. I am SO disappointed in our medical community. I think they are a bunch of cowards.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-15-2021, 06:37 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I am fine with people deciding for themselves if the vaccine or their job is more important to them. You guys do understand that vaccine mandates have been a thing in healthcare for decades, right? Politics doesn't change that reality no matter how much you guys wring your hands about it. It's a job requirement and you have a choice, but what you don't have is a right to the job.

I was laughing at p_rushing offering bad legal advice again. My people that are leaving I wish would stay, but they decided that not vaccinating was more important to them. To me providing a safe workplace is more important and therefore vaccination, the proven solution for this pandemic, is the play.
(09-15-2021, 06:42 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 06:41 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I think the kicker is it becoming a job requirement in the middle of the job.

Happens often in healthcare.
When has it happened? What was the last vaccine mandated? Did they mandate sars1? No, that one hurt some small number of people and they stopped the trials. So what was the last one? I'll wait for an answer.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/adults/rec-vac/hcw.html
That list shows a bunch of old, throughly tested, and known vaccines.

This force an untested vaccine (there is no control group to determine long-term issues, they got rid of it) with no true trials as they didn't expose the people in the trials to covid or control the variables, hasn't been done. It's not even a vaccine and required a definition change. Have fun injecting that into yourself, enjoy your boosters and all the added expenses your hospital with pay to health coverage for your sick employees.

Let us know in 2 years when the trials actually finish up. I'll stay in the control group since they got rid of the original control group. Then we can see where covid is at, if the vaccine still has it's .7% efficacy, and what the long term side effects are. I'm sure by then covid will be long gone and it will be something new you need to get injected with.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(09-16-2021, 12:28 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 06:37 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I am fine with people deciding for themselves if the vaccine or their job is more important to them. You guys do understand that vaccine mandates have been a thing in healthcare for decades, right? Politics doesn't change that reality no matter how much you guys wring your hands about it. It's a job requirement and you have a choice, but what you don't have is a right to the job.

I was laughing at p_rushing offering bad legal advice again. My people that are leaving I wish would stay, but they decided that not vaccinating was more important to them. To me providing a safe workplace is more important and therefore vaccination, the proven solution for this pandemic, is the play.
(09-15-2021, 06:42 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Happens often in healthcare.
When has it happened? What was the last vaccine mandated? Did they mandate sars1? No, that one hurt some small number of people and they stopped the trials. So what was the last one? I'll wait for an answer.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/adults/rec-vac/hcw.html
That list shows a bunch of old, throughly tested, and known vaccines.

This force an untested vaccine (there is no control group to determine long-term issues, they got rid of it) with no true trials as they didn't expose the people in the trials to covid or control the variables, hasn't been done. It's not even a vaccine and required a definition change. Have fun injecting that into yourself, enjoy your boosters and all the added expenses your hospital with pay to health coverage for your sick employees.

Let us know in 2 years when the trials actually finish up. I'll stay in the control group since they got rid of the original control group. Then we can see where covid is at, if the vaccine still has it's .7% efficacy, and what the long term side effects are. I'm sure by then covid will be long gone and it will be something new you need to get injected with.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

The mandate for the flu shot happened 4 years ago. All the other stuff you keep trying to add as qualifiers is just clutter, the shot is mandated by the employer and you have a choice to take it or leave. End of story.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-15-2021, 07:18 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 06:46 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Here we go again.

The vaccine does not provide sterilizing immunity. You know this. All of the data shows this. The vaccinated share the same viral load as the unvaccinated for several days. The vaccinated still get sick, even if they don't know it, and can spread it to other people. The virus can still mutate in vaccinated hosts. The virus is found in many animals, and can mutate and spread to humans. A significant portion of the world is still unvaccinated. You aren't protecting [BLEEP], except for the risk someone is assuming upon themselves for catching Covid. That's it. You know it. You're only defense of this mandate is that it will protect the unvaccinated, uninfected employees from getting themselves sick. That's not your [BLEEP] job. 

Recovered patients have a much greater immunity than the vaccinated. You have a .09% of being HOSPITALIZED if you're under 50 and get Covid (that number gets much smaller if you take away mild cases). You have a .001% chance of DYING if you are under 50 and get Covid. The CDC itself has said that 75-80% of people in American have either had covid or been vaccinated. Which means many of the people you are putting out on their [BLEEP] have likely been already exposed to it. You have absolutely ZERO justification for having convalescent patients get the vaccine. The absolute risk reduction offered by getting the vaccine at this point is so close to zero, I can't believe we are even having this discussion. 

You were perfectly fine with having these very same people come in when the risk was completely unknown to them without being vaccinated. Yet, you, in the name of "SCIENCE" are going to terminate all employees who don't have the vaccination. [BLEEP] off with that [BLEEP]. I don't care what precedent has been set. People have the right to observe a novel vaccine for more than one year. In the era of absolute abuse of government and corporate greed, I am more mad at you for being this willfully ignorant than I am at these other morons who blindly follow the tripe. Grow some balls and stop justifying this stupid position.

P.S. Sorry for the harsh tone. I like you, but I meant everything I said. I am SO disappointed in our medical community. I think they are a bunch of cowards.

You have the benefit of distance and that permits you the academic view. My perspective is the health and safety of the hundreds of people who work for me and I will not compromise the most effective tool we have to keep people from dying from Covid. You are absolutely right that people have the right to observe the pandemic and the vaccine and decide for themselves what they want to do. What they may not do is retain their employment if they refuse to comply with the legal and authorized condition of employment the vaccine represents. You call me "willfully ignorant" while members of my staff are out this weekend burying their relatives. You aren't willfully ignorant, you're actually very astute, you just want reasons why those deaths don't matter to your greater position. I get that you don't care about that, because you have to be technically right, but the fact remains that most of the people who have died from this in the last 8 months have died because they refused the vaccine. The overwhelming majority of people consuming resources in our hospitals would not be there if they had taken the shot. Truly to you a million deaths is just a statistic in every sense of the phrase. Sorry for the harsh tone, but it's pretty easy for someone who doesn't have the impact in their face every day to sit over there and quote research publications about why those people who died don't really matter. Go work the ER for a weekend and let me know how you feel about it then, they are still asking for volunteers in downtown Jacksonville.

Edit: This should probably continue in the Covid thread though, no need to have this conversation all over the place.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Since Biden left for Rehoboth Beach...

Military announces it killed 7 kids, no terrorists

FDA votes 16-2 against his beloved booster shots

France recalls its ambassador from the United States

[Image: 20210920-163752.jpg]

(09-20-2021, 04:39 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [Image: 20210920-163752.jpg]

LOL.  A friend of mine gave me some of those stickers.  They can be used for many things in different stores.  While I think it's pretty funny, I won't use them.  It would be pretty silly to put my career in jeopardy for some stupid prank.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(09-20-2021, 06:01 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(09-20-2021, 04:39 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [Image: 20210920-163752.jpg]

LOL.  A friend of mine gave me some of those stickers.  They can be used for many things in different stores.  While I think it's pretty funny, I won't use them.  It would be pretty silly to put my career in jeopardy for some stupid prank.

I completely understand what you’re talking about! I bought “white Privilege” cards off Amazon last week while trying to find fake money to help my daughter learn how to count money.  Got a lot of fake cash and cards and those white Privilege cards!  I’ve yet to try to use them though.  But perhaps there will come a time!  

Before I get hate mail, the above is true, but I’ll never  attempt to use it.  1, it’s fake, 2, I’m a firm believer in you earn your [BLEEP].  3… and there’s number 3!  I’m not sure what three is yet.

(09-20-2021, 06:20 PM)Jags Wrote:
(09-20-2021, 06:01 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: LOL.  A friend of mine gave me some of those stickers.  They can be used for many things in different stores.  While I think it's pretty funny, I won't use them.  It would be pretty silly to put my career in jeopardy for some stupid prank.

I completely understand what you’re talking about! I bought “white Privilege” cards off Amazon last week while trying to find fake money to help my daughter learn how to count money.  Got a lot of fake cash and cards and those white Privilege cards!  I’ve yet to try to use them though.  But perhaps there will come a time!  

Before I get hate mail, the above is true, but I’ll never  attempt to use it.  1, it’s fake, 2, I’m a firm believer in you earn your [BLEEP].  3… and there’s number 3!  I’m not sure what three is yet.

LOL.  I'm a pretty "simple man" and use my head.  Putting one of those stickers on a gas pump or a grocery store shelf is a misdemeanor, but at the same time I hold a security clearance and don't need to jeopardize it by doing something stupid like that.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(09-20-2021, 06:46 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(09-20-2021, 06:20 PM)Jags Wrote: I completely understand what you’re talking about! I bought “white Privilege” cards off Amazon last week while trying to find fake money to help my daughter learn how to count money.  Got a lot of fake cash and cards and those white Privilege cards!  I’ve yet to try to use them though.  But perhaps there will come a time!  

LOL.  I'm a pretty "simple man" and use my head.  Putting one of those stickers on a gas pump or a grocery store shelf is a misdemeanor, but at the same time I hold a security clearance and don't need to jeopardize it by doing something stupid like that.

I don’t blame you a bit.  As mentioned, i did come across “white Privilege cards while trying to find “play cash” to help my daughter learn money. I did buy them.   I know you’re Hispanic.  But I also know you’ve  worked your butt off and served our country to get to where you are now.  My post was meant to mimic the  “cool” Stephen Colbert when he was in character as a Republican, and funny.  Was meant for comedy and nothing else.  I’m sure it was funnier in my head.

(09-20-2021, 07:00 PM)Jags Wrote:
(09-20-2021, 06:46 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: LOL.  I'm a pretty "simple man" and use my head.  Putting one of those stickers on a gas pump or a grocery store shelf is a misdemeanor, but at the same time I hold a security clearance and don't need to jeopardize it by doing something stupid like that.

I don’t blame you a bit.  As mentioned, i did come across “white Privilege cards while trying to find “play cash” to help my daughter learn money. I did buy them.   I know you’re Hispanic.  But I also know you’ve  worked your butt off and served our country to get to where you are now.  My post was meant to mimic the  “cool” Stephen Colbert when he was in character as a Republican, and funny.  Was meant for comedy and nothing else.  I’m sure it was funnier in my head.

No worries bro.

My ethnicity means nothing (unless you are a liberal that has to put people into groups).  I'm "just a guy" born and bread in our great country.

My wife and I did work our butts off to get to where we are now.  We started out in a rented small single-wide trailer with one car, my wife working two jobs (manager at McDonald's and delivering the Times Union) and both of us getting maybe 4 hours of sleep at night (I was in the Navy at the time).

I used to "hustle" and work "part time jobs" on the side for extra money.  Everything from roofing to drywall work to electrical work and sometimes... mowing grass.  We saved money over the years and bought our first home.  We still continued to save money, but also "indulged" a bit by buying a boat and taking some nice vacations.  As we started "getting older (into our 40's) we eventually decided that we wanted to make a change and get our "retirement home".  We paid off all of our debt including our mortgage, saved money and eventually bought our property in December of 2017 and have worked to make our dream come true.

Our story is the very essence of the "American dream".  We worked hard starting with very little and are now able to enjoy the fruits of our labor.  The current regime wants to penalize us for our hard work and success because we are supposedly "the rich".  My tax bill every year probably exceeds many people's incomes.  It makes me sick to see how people think that they are "entitled" to what my wife and I worked so hard for.

(09-20-2021, 07:34 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(09-20-2021, 07:00 PM)Jags Wrote: I don’t blame you a bit.  As mentioned, i did come across “white Privilege cards while trying to find “play cash” to help my daughter learn money. I did buy them.   I know you’re Hispanic.  But I also know you’ve  worked your butt off and served our country to get to where you are now.  My post was meant to mimic the  “cool” Stephen Colbert when he was in character as a Republican, and funny.  Was meant for comedy and nothing else.  I’m sure it was funnier in my head.

No worries bro.

My ethnicity means nothing (unless you are a liberal that has to put people into groups).  I'm "just a guy" born and bread in our great country.

My wife and I did work our butts off to get to where we are now.  We started out in a rented small single-wide trailer with one car, my wife working two jobs (manager at McDonald's and delivering the Times Union) and both of us getting maybe 4 hours of sleep at night (I was in the Navy at the time).

I used to "hustle" and work "part time jobs" on the side for extra money.  Everything from roofing to drywall work to electrical work and sometimes... mowing grass.  We saved money over the years and bought our first home.  We still continued to save money, but also "indulged" a bit by buying a boat and taking some nice vacations.  As we started "getting older (into our 40's) we eventually decided that we wanted to make a change and get our "retirement home".  We paid off all of our debt including our mortgage, saved money and eventually bought our property in December of 2017 and have worked to make our dream come true.

Our story is the very essence of the "American dream".  We worked hard starting with very little and are now able to enjoy the fruits of our labor.  The current regime wants to penalize us for our hard work and success because we are supposedly "the rich".  My tax bill every year probably exceeds many people's incomes.  It makes me sick to see how people think that they are "entitled" to what my wife and I worked so hard for.

More young people need to understand this is often the way life plays out. It's very very difficult/lucky to hit the ground running at 24 years old and pulling in 70k or whatever like a lot of younger generations seem to expect. 

I remember very early on in my farming career the price of grapes improved a bit and I netted like 30k dollars for the first time. I couldn't even fathom that kind of money because I'd been clearing something like 18k-22k for the prior few years. Now I look back and kinda wonder how the hell I functioned early on.

I'm curious as to what has spurred this younger generation into believing they don't have to hustle in their youth to gain a level of financial comfort. They've been afflicted with Bernie Sanders syndrome.

However, their frustration is understandable. Housing and school costs have risen substantially. Because of the chip shortage, even buying a decent used car has become a terribly expensive proposition. I understand their predicament, but this labor shortage has me puzzled. Maybe it's just personal, but I would rather die than sit at home and draw money on the dole instead of working. Hell, it's even reflected in the panhandlers now. 90% of them are young strong healthy men while Help Wanted signs hang everywhere. It's a weird time we live in.

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2021, 10:26 PM by captivating. Edited 2 times in total.)

(09-15-2021, 07:18 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 06:46 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Here we go again.

You know, you sound like an early 20's twit the way you speak. You don't influence people by swearing at them and calling them names or intimating that they are stupid, idiotic etc.  Grow up and cut out the swearing.

I go out of my way to be measured, provide data, and treat people with respect. For years, I used to curb my language (and often still do), but I decided recently that I will allow myself to be passionate when I feel like expressing it. It tends to come on the tail end of a conversation when I have to repeat myself due to a circular argument. In this case, it is legit anger that our hospital administrators are firing young, healthy people for what is essentially going to amount to nothing, and which will only further stress our healthcare system. Do you not find it infuriating that the same person that talks about our overburdened hospitals is going to fire 4% of his staff? That's not worthy of a swear word or two?

(09-20-2021, 10:49 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I go out of my way to be measured, provide data, and treat people with respect. For years, I used to curb my language (and often still do), but I decided recently that I will allow myself to be passionate when I feel like expressing it. It tends to come on the tail end of a conversation when I have to repeat myself due to a circular argument. In this case, it is legit anger that our hospital administrators are firing young, healthy people for what is essentially going to amount to nothing, and which will only further stress our healthcare system. Do you not find it infuriating that the same person that talks about our overburdened hospitals is going to fire 4% of his staff? That's not worthy of a swear word or two?

Oh jeez.. just tell him to go [BLEEP] himself.. dude’s a tool..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(09-20-2021, 11:20 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(09-20-2021, 10:49 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I go out of my way to be measured, provide data, and treat people with respect. For years, I used to curb my language (and often still do), but I decided recently that I will allow myself to be passionate when I feel like expressing it. It tends to come on the tail end of a conversation when I have to repeat myself due to a circular argument. In this case, it is legit anger that our hospital administrators are firing young, healthy people for what is essentially going to amount to nothing, and which will only further stress our healthcare system. Do you not find it infuriating that the same person that talks about our overburdened hospitals is going to fire 4% of his staff? That's not worthy of a swear word or two?

Oh jeez.. just tell him to go [BLEEP] himself.. dude’s a tool..

Case in point.

(09-20-2021, 11:22 PM)captivating Wrote:
(09-20-2021, 11:20 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Oh jeez.. just tell him to go [BLEEP] himself.. dude’s a tool..

Case in point.

Only because you're not worth the effort.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(09-20-2021, 09:48 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I'm curious as to what has spurred this younger generation into believing they don't have to hustle in their youth to gain a level of financial comfort. They've been afflicted with Bernie Sanders syndrome.

However, their frustration is understandable. Housing and school costs have risen substantially. Because of the chip shortage, even buying a decent used car has become a terribly expensive proposition. I understand their predicament, but this labor shortage has me puzzled. Maybe it's just personal, but I would rather die than sit at home and draw money on the dole instead of working. Hell, it's even reflected in the panhandlers now. 90% of them are young strong healthy men while Help Wanted signs hang everywhere. It's a weird time we live in.
One of the issues is their parents didn't want or let them get jobs, they didn't teach them how to work for things. When the parents struggled, they wanted their kids to have nicer things but they took it too far.

Kids coming out of college with proper degrees are looking at >$60,000 and to them life is just a party. They spend most of that on having fun and paying to live somewhere happening. Then they complain when they don't have any money left to save.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk