Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Tebow- Jags new TE (merged)

Kaepernick should try out for TE. He was a running QB.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Kaepernick was given every opportunity to sign with a club when he was granted on field try outs.. 75% of NFL teams showed up to see and give Kaepernick a chance, while he simply turned his back on them and never showed up to the try outs.. Screw him.. He's done..

At least Tebow wants to be on a damn team..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootball...ppear/amp/
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(05-11-2021, 05:45 AM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 12:43 AM)Dimson Wrote: Now it has just gotten ridiculous.
https://www.dailywire.com/news/progressi...oUD1ahe_Yw

This makes it even better!

It's official!  Trevor Lawrence is no longer the lead story associated with football in Jacksonville.  No other team's management could have ruined the moment as quickly as ours.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(05-11-2021, 07:05 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 05:45 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: This makes it even better!

It's official!  Trevor Lawrence is no longer the lead story associated with football in Jacksonville.  No other team's management could have ruined the moment as quickly as ours.

It won’t be for long. Sports media is in a post-draft pre-camp lull. Anything to stir the headlines is welcomed.

(05-11-2021, 06:13 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Kaepernick was given every opportunity to sign with a club when he was granted on field try outs.. 75% of NFL teams showed up to see and give Kaepernick a chance, while he simply turned his back on them and never showed up to the try outs.. Screw him.. He's done..

At least Tebow wants to be on a damn team..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootball...ppear/amp/

He also changed the workout location last minute which made even less people show up to watch. It was all a publicity stunt. He never wanted to play.  He can't play.

(05-11-2021, 07:05 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 05:45 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: This makes it even better!

Agreed. Just when we were starting to get some positive press for a change, back to being a laughing stock. Seriously considering cancelling my season tickets now. The Tebots are going to be ridiculous in the stadium. There are already morons on facebook clammoring for Tebow to play QB. 33 years old, never played the position, but yeah let's bring the circus to town. #BecauseJaguars. Tired of the never ending stupidity with this team.

Crazy me.

I actually thought the days of Gator homers giving standing ovations to a two yard, non scoring, non first down producing unspectacular catch in the 3rd quartera meaningless preseason game were over.

Enter Tebow.

We've seen clips of him trying to black and trying to catch the simplest of passes on the simplest of routes, he failed at both, and peple are jumping on the proverbial grenade to defend him because it's Tebow.

I see only two small benefits to the Tebow signing.

1. It'll take some of the attention/pressure off of Trevor Lawrence enabling him to develop in yet a little more peace. Yet Tebow's presence could actually draw more attention to him, because the media not here to cover the Jaguars would come here to cover the Tebow circus, which will bring more people here. Secondly, some Tebow cultists wholly uninterested in buying tickets to see Trevor Lawrence and the Jaguars might actually buy tiackets to see Tebow.

I think UM lost some credibility with this signing.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(05-11-2021, 08:10 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Crazy me.

I actually thought the days of Gator homers giving standing ovations to a two yard, non scoring, non first down producing unspectacular catch in the 3rd quartera meaningless preseason game were over.

Enter Tebow.

We've seen clips of him trying to black and trying to catch the simplest of passes on the simplest of  routes, he failed at both, and peple are jumping on the proverbial grenade to defend him because it's Tebow.

1.  It'll take some of the attention/pressure off of Trevor Lawrence enabling him to develop in yet a little more peace.  Yet Tebow's presence could actually draw more attention to him, because the media not here to cover the Jaguars would come here to cover the Tebow circus, which will bring more people here.  Secondly, some Tebow cultists wholly uninterested in buying tickets to see Trevor Lawrence and the Jaguars might actually buy tiackets to see Tebow.

Watching TL smirk as he ricochets rocket passes off Tebow’s face mask as he attempts to complete a route will be amusing.

(This post was last modified: 05-11-2021, 08:33 AM by The Real Marty.)

HBO has to be on their knees begging the Jags to do Hard Knocks.  Meyer, Trevor, Tebow, all in one show!  Must-see TV!

(05-11-2021, 08:22 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Enter Tebow.

We've seen clips of him trying to black and trying to catch the simplest of passes on the simplest of  routes, he failed at both, and peple are jumping on the proverbial grenade to defend him because it's Tebow.

1.  It'll take some of the attention/pressure off of Trevor Lawrence enabling him to develop in yet a little more peace.  Yet Tebow's presence could actually draw more attention to him, because the media not here to cover the Jaguars would come here to cover the Tebow circus, which will bring more people here.  Secondly, some Tebow cultists wholly uninterested in buying tickets to see Trevor Lawrence and the Jaguars might actually buy tiackets to see Tebow.

Watching TL smirk as he ricochets rocket passes off Tebow’s face mask as he attempts to complete a route will be amusing.

Anyone who says that was Tebow's fault is just being a Tebow hater. No WR in the NFL was making that catch on that pass.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(05-11-2021, 08:22 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Enter Tebow.

Sadly it's unlikely that TLaw and Tebow are on the field at the same time during the preseason TV broadcasts, so only those who make it to training camp will actually get to see it.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

My concerns about Meyer have attained a new legitimacy

(05-11-2021, 08:31 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 08:22 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Watching TL smirk as he ricochets rocket passes off Tebow’s face mask as he attempts to complete a route will be amusing.

Anyone who says that wasn't Tebow's fault is just being a Tebow hater lover. No Any decent WR Tight End in the NFL was making that catch on that pass.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I don't know how I can survive UM's decision to offer TB a contract.  My life is now damaged beyond repair and the team is now going to lose between 12-16 games.  The Jags are done.  Life as we know it is over.

(05-11-2021, 08:37 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: My concerns about Meyer have attained a new legitimacy

I don't think it's actually likely that Meyer keeps him on the roster, but I do think it's highly likely that he's underestimated the outright lovestruck nature of the relationship between Tebow and gata fan and how devastating that will be once Tebow is actually in uniform during preseason. Especially once said gata fan gets blasted out into the national media by ESPN and NFL Network and we all look like meth'd up, toothless, jorts wearing, swampbillies as a result.

(05-10-2021, 06:52 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 05:57 PM)burt1jason Wrote: I remember when everyone joked (including me) when he tried baseball. He not only made it up to AAA but actually got a shot at the Mets training camp. That is incredibly hard to do.  I wouldn’t be quick to count him out. He has kept himself in great shape. 34 is still young for some people, especially if they take care of their bodies with good training and nutrition. I ran my fastest mile at 34 years old (sub 5:00).  I am giving him a 50-50 shot to make the 53. If it’s real close between him and someone else.....I think Meyer would choose him because of what his presence in the locker room would be.

Dude batted .163 in AAA 

He got opportunities because having a side-show sells tickets.  Kind of like the fact that my 5 year old daughter like watching Jaxson de Ville more than she liked watching the game.  It's always good to have a clown around to entertain those that don't really understand the game itself.

Jaxson de Ville -- new TE ??  Dude has a lot of respect around the clubhouse.  Has a low center of gravity and a good (big) head on his shoulders.  Let's his actions do his tal
[Image: HBPJHXSII4PE6WJS5PEC42X2LI.jpg]

He batted .222 in the minors. Not good but not bad for a QB. He's no Michael Jordan. Oh wait, Jordan batted .202 in AA. My bad.

(05-11-2021, 08:31 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: HBO has to be on their knees begging the Jags to do Hard Knocks.  Meyer, Trevor, Tebow, all in one show!  Must-see TV!

Fingers crossed dude.. That would be awesome to watch lolol
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(05-11-2021, 08:42 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 08:37 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: My concerns about Meyer have attained a new legitimacy

I don't think it's actually likely that Meyer keeps him on the roster, but I do think it's highly likely that he's underestimated the outright lovestruck nature of the relationship between Tebow and gata fan and how devastating that will be once Tebow is actually in uniform during preseason. Especially once said gata fan gets blasted out into the national media by ESPN and NFL Network and we all look like meth'd up, toothless, jorts wearing, swampbillies as a result.

There’s a possibility we might get some negative attention as well.

(05-10-2021, 07:03 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Yikes...

https://twitter.com/picksixpod/status/13...2624652294

lol....the announcers got it wrong. He did turn his head. The ball was behind him and it got deflected by the defender. Could have been intercepted. This is becoming Tebow Derangement Syndrome.

(05-11-2021, 08:58 AM)burt1jason Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 07:03 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Yikes...

https://twitter.com/picksixpod/status/13...2624652294

lol....the announcers got it wrong. He did turn his head. The ball was behind him and it got deflected by the defender. Could have been intercepted. This is becoming Tebow Derangement Syndrome.

Of course, Mrs. Tebow.