Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Tebow- Jags new TE (merged)

(05-10-2021, 05:29 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 05:01 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Why not just bring back Tyler Eifert then? He's 30, actually plays the position and played just this past season. He wouldn't cost us much of anything and he's better than Tebow will EVER be.

This is nothing more than a buddy hire from Urban and it's embarrassing. This move will not make this team any better. I can't imagine what the actual players on this team are saying to each other behind closed doors about this stupid signing. I wonder how our TE room feels.. Knowing your HC thinks you guys are so bad that he has to bring in Tebow for help LOL.

This actually isn't a bad idea when you consider it at face value, dude probably has a little left and is a far better receiving option than Tebow could even dream of being. I think he's still a FA too.

He is still a FA

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I remember when everyone joked (including me) when he tried baseball. He not only made it up to AAA but actually got a shot at the Mets training camp. That is incredibly hard to do. I wouldn’t be quick to count him out. He has kept himself in great shape. 34 is still young for some people, especially if they take care of their bodies with good training and nutrition. I ran my fastest mile at 34 years old (sub 5:00). I am giving him a 50-50 shot to make the 53. If it’s real close between him and someone else.....I think Meyer would choose him because of what his presence in the locker room would be.

(This post was last modified: 05-10-2021, 06:03 PM by Eric1.)

(05-10-2021, 05:44 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 05:41 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Yea I wasn't a fan of that Oliver trade then and I'm still not a fan of it after seeing what we did in FA/Draft at TE.

I never claimed Oliver to be anything but a young guy with potential. Never called him a bust, never said he was going to be good. I just think giving up on a high 3rd round pick after 2 seasons is too soon. Especially when we have a TE room that's this weak.

No I get you. You're usually reasonable, giving things time. Others are just flip flopping positions so they can continue to complain about every single thing this new regime does even though they haven't even went through training camp.

I just think it's way too late for him to try and make the switch to TE. I know camps haven't even really begun and he's a massive long shot to make the 53 man roster, but I think it'll be a big waste of time at the end of the day. Also I don't want this team dealing with the circus that Tebow brings to town.

(05-10-2021, 05:57 PM)burt1jason Wrote: I remember when everyone joked (including me) when he tried baseball. He not only made it up to AAA but actually got a shot at the Mets training camp. That is incredibly hard to do.  I wouldn’t be quick to count him out. He has kept himself in great shape. 34 is still young for some people, especially if they take care of their bodies with good training and nutrition. I ran my fastest mile at 34 years old (sub 5:00).  I am giving him a 50-50 shot to make the 53. If it’s real close between him and someone else.....I think Meyer would choose him because of what his presence in the locker room would be.

34 is still young in the big picture of things. 34 is old and retiring age in the NFL. Two completely different things.

(05-10-2021, 06:01 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 05:44 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: No I get you. You're usually reasonable, giving things time. Others are just flip flopping positions so they can continue to complain about every single thing this new regime does even though they haven't even went through training camp.

I just think it's way too late for him to try and make the switch to TE. I know camps haven't even really begun and he's a massive long shot to make the 53 man roster, but I think it'll be a big waste of time at the end of the day. Also I don't want this team dealing with the circus that Tebow brings to town.
Let’s also not forget that TE is arguably the hardest position for rookies (which Tebow is at the TE position) to transition to in the NFL.

To me, it’s all circus for nothing. We should be talking about Lawrence and the rookie mini camp coming up but instead we are talking about a has been NFL player attempting a comeback after not playing for 8 years. Any other player and this board would laugh at them but because it’s Tebow, some are saying “hey. It might work!”

(05-10-2021, 05:25 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 04:39 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: Why is everyone so opposed to him playing TE? We are trash at TE and can use any help. Its not like there are any quality TEs available on the market at the moment. So what's wrong with this hail mary? It isn't like it costs us much, if anything.

Exactly. 

if they signed him to a 3 year, 10 mil contract, I would be grabbing a pitchfork too. This is literally a hail mary at end of half. No risk at all, and if it works out it's peanuts

(05-10-2021, 04:49 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Laughing 

Yeah, 33 year old dude who has never played TE xD

My statement is objectionably true. Your's is just your normal shtick.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(05-10-2021, 06:04 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 06:01 PM)Eric1 Wrote: I just think it's way too late for him to try and make the switch to TE. I know camps haven't even really begun and he's a massive long shot to make the 53 man roster, but I think it'll be a big waste of time at the end of the day. Also I don't want this team dealing with the circus that Tebow brings to town.
Let’s also not forget that TE is arguably the hardest position for rookies (which Tebow is at the TE position) to transition to in the NFL.

To me, it’s all circus for nothing. We should be talking about Lawrence and the rookie mini camp coming up but instead we are talking about a has been NFL player attempting a comeback after not playing for 8 years. Any other player and this board would laugh at them but because it’s Tebow, some are saying “hey. It might work!”

I still go back to one of my original questions.  Do you honestly think another team would have (or would of  Wink )  given him even a tryout?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Like it can get any worse at TE for the Jags. People always act like we had some stud when we sign X player.

(05-10-2021, 06:08 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 06:04 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Let’s also not forget that TE is arguably the hardest position for rookies (which Tebow is at the TE position) to transition to in the NFL.

I still go back to one of my original questions.  Do you honestly think another team would have (or would of  Wink )  given him even a tryout?
Oh I see what you did there and I love it.

And to answer your question, no.

Laughing hard, I am. The irrational hatred for Tebow is strong! He doesn't make the 53. C'mon, guys. He is being signed as a favor from his old coach. He gets to be camp fodder, if he makes it that far. It hurts no one. No one. And what if it turned out he actually EARNED a spot? Fine. Almost every one of us agrees a 33 y/o doesn't learn a new position well enough to beat any TE on the roster. No harm. No foul.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(05-10-2021, 06:12 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: Laughing hard, I am.  The irrational hatred for Tebow is strong!  He doesn't make the 53.  C'mon, guys.  He is being signed as a favor from his old coach.  He gets to be camp fodder, if he makes it that far.  It hurts no one.  No one.  And what if it turned out he actually EARNED a spot?  Fine.  Almost every one of us agrees a 33 y/o doesn't learn a new position well enough to beat any TE on the roster.  No harm.  No foul.

No no, we must lose sleep over it!

(05-10-2021, 05:57 PM)burt1jason Wrote: I remember when everyone joked (including me) when he tried baseball. He not only made it up to AAA but actually got a shot at the Mets training camp. That is incredibly hard to do.  I wouldn’t be quick to count him out. He has kept himself in great shape. 34 is still young for some people, especially if they take care of their bodies with good training and nutrition. I ran my fastest mile at 34 years old (sub 5:00).  I am giving him a 50-50 shot to make the 53. If it’s real close between him and someone else.....I think Meyer would choose him because of what his presence in the locker room would be.

What kind of presence would that be?  An old washed up athlete?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Since it seems this has to happen now.. I'ma try to look at the bright side.
Maybe he sells more tickets, maybe we have top 10 attendence this year, maybe the london talk stops, maybe we stop going to london if our games here make more $.. i'm just gonna look at the possible possitives.

(05-10-2021, 06:15 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 06:12 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: Laughing hard, I am.  The irrational hatred for Tebow is strong!  He doesn't make the 53.  C'mon, guys.  He is being signed as a favor from his old coach.  He gets to be camp fodder, if he makes it that far.  It hurts no one.  No one.  And what if it turned out he actually EARNED a spot?  Fine.  Almost every one of us agrees a 33 y/o doesn't learn a new position well enough to beat any TE on the roster.  No harm.  No foul.

No no, we must lose sleep over it!

And we must call it hatred when people don't agree with the move.  

Am I doing this right?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(05-10-2021, 06:08 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 06:04 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Let’s also not forget that TE is arguably the hardest position for rookies (which Tebow is at the TE position) to transition to in the NFL.

Not a chance.

There's a reason why he waited until now to suddenly retire from baseball and try to jump back into the NFL. It's all because his good ol buddy Urb was the only person who'd give him a shot.

What do y’all put on your popcorn? Looking for suggestions while I read this thread.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. What's the big deal? It's not like he's automatically gonna be the starter on opening day. We don't even know if he'll make the final roster. This is basically bringing in a street free agent to see if he can make the final roster as a contributor to one of our weakest positions. If he does, great. If he doesn't, who cares? It's not like we wasted a draft pick on the guy. We basically signed him for nothing. This whole thing is a complete non-issue, as far as I'm concerned. Judging from Meyer's past and the way Lawrence never really used the TE position in college, even if Tebow does make the roster, we'll likely never see him on the field. I don't expect TE to make a very big impact as a receiver in this offense. This seems more like a publicity stunt to bump ticket sales and I just don't see any harm in it. I've never seen such a mediocre player be so divisive to a fanbase. I don't get it at all.

(05-10-2021, 06:01 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 05:44 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: No I get you. You're usually reasonable, giving things time. Others are just flip flopping positions so they can continue to complain about every single thing this new regime does even though they haven't even went through training camp.

34 is still young in the big picture of things. 34 is old and retiring age in the NFL. Two completely different things.
34 might be retiring age in the NFL, but a good many could play a lot longer if the watched their diet and not eat junk. Tim Tebow is on a strict keto diet plan. Very Low on carbs with zero sugar. No many can eat like this but he has the discipline. Keto is a very low inflammation diet. The man is not only a great athlete but he smart , goal-driven and disciplined. He will give it his best shot. This in gonna be interesting. I’m gonna sit back and eat my popcorn ?.

(05-10-2021, 06:16 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

What kind of presence would that be?  An old washed up athlete?
His presence would add to the culture in the locker room that Meyer is trying to instill. You give 100% on every play. Everything you got plus 2.
Due to his diligent training and strict diet, he is not yet old. And time will tell to see if he is washed up.

(05-10-2021, 06:26 PM)burt1jason Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 06:01 PM)Eric1 Wrote: I just think it's way too late for him to try and make the switch to TE. I know camps haven't even really begun and he's a massive long shot to make the 53 man roster, but I think it'll be a big waste of time at the end of the day. Also I don't want this team dealing with the circus that Tebow brings to town.

34 might be retiring age in the NFL, but a good many could play a lot longer if the watched their diet and not eat junk. Tim Tebow is on a strict keto diet plan. Very Low on carbs with zero sugar. No many can eat like this but he has the discipline. Keto is a very low inflammation diet. The man is not only a great athlete but he smart , goal-driven and disciplined. He will give it his best shot. This in gonna be interesting. I’m gonna sit back and eat my popcorn ?.

That's great and all, but his diet isn't going to stop a 270 pound DE from bull rushing him into the next century.

(This post was last modified: 05-10-2021, 07:03 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Dude batted .163 in AAA 

He got opportunities because having a side-show sells tickets.  Kind of like the fact that my 5 year old daughter like watching Jaxson de Ville more than she liked watching the game.  It's always good to have a clown around to entertain those that don't really understand the game itself.

Jaxson de Ville -- new TE ??  Dude has a lot of respect around the clubhouse.  Has a low center of gravity and a good (big) head on his shoulders.  Let's his actions do his talking.

[Image: HBPJHXSII4PE6WJS5PEC42X2LI.jpg]