Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Tebow- Jags new TE (merged)

(05-13-2021, 08:33 AM)Dewboy01 Wrote: I don't usually agree with Shannon Sharpe, but I can't disagree with what he said about Tebow here:

“The thing that I keep going back to is that he was asked to switch positions years ago, but it was beneath him,” Sharpe said. “What we’re seeing is that Tim Tebow is addicted to the fame of being a professional athlete.

"He couldn’t play quarterback, so it was, ‘If I can’t play quarterback, guess what I’ll do? I’m so talented, I’ll go play professional baseball.’ When that didn’t work out, it’s, ‘I’ll switch positions because I love the adulation that comes along with being a professional athlete.’ "

When asked about the chances of Tebow being successful:

“Successful? Are we saying if he makes the team it’s a success?” Sharpe said. “I think there’s a greater than 50% chance that he makes the team, simply because of where he is. He’s from Jacksonville. And he really helped that head coach get on the map in winning two national championships at the University of Florida."

“What do we always say: It’s not what you know. Sometimes, it’s not even how good you are. It’s who you know.”
No one should be surprised by this, it’s reality. Lot of truth in it’s who you know. Another example in an endless stream of life’s not fair.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Tebow haters:

[Image: giphy.gif]

The rest of us:

Fix the O-Line!

Pretty clear who the NFL fans are versus the College fans.

(05-13-2021, 05:34 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: Tebow haters:

The rest of us:

I am pretty close to a tebow hater.  I do not know or care who he is. I just hate the circus that comes along with him.  If Lawrence has a bout where he struggles you will have some of these Crazy Tebow lovers holding signs up for him to take over. They all have that playoff game he won in Denver to worship too!
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(This post was last modified: 05-13-2021, 07:13 PM by Jags.)

(05-13-2021, 06:38 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(05-13-2021, 05:34 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: Tebow haters:

The rest of us:

I am pretty close to a tebow hater.  I do not know or care who he is. I just hate the circus that comes along with him.  If Lawrence has a bout where he struggles you will have some of these Crazy Tebow lovers holding signs up for him to take over. They all have that playoff game he won in Denver to worship too!

Here’s my thoughts:

Khan.. let’s sell some tickets! We’ve got TL, Tim Tebow.   Sell them tickets.  Idk if they are Jag or Tebow fans.  Make that revenue.  Hopefully the Jag fans are buying them up more than the Tebow fans.  Something tells me that is the case.  Keep it in Jacksonville.   Let the tebowers buy tickets.  Helps keep the team around.  Hopefully one day TLaw does his thing and these London games are a faded memory.

I can assure you this, Lawrence will NOT be benched for Timmy

(05-13-2021, 07:12 PM)Jags Wrote:
(05-13-2021, 06:38 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I am pretty close to a tebow hater.  I do not know or care who he is. I just hate the circus that comes along with him.  If Lawrence has a bout where he struggles you will have some of these Crazy Tebow lovers holding signs up for him to take over. They all have that playoff game he won in Denver to worship too!

Here’s my thoughts:

Khan.. let’s sell some tickets! We’ve got TL, Tim Tebow.   Sell them tickets.  Idk if they are Jag or Tebow fans.  Make that revenue.  Hopefully the Jag fans are buying them up more than the Tebow fans.  Something tells me that is the case.  Keep it in Jacksonville.   Let the tebowers buy tickets.  Helps keep the team around.  Hopefully one day TLaw does his thing and these London games are a faded memory.

Do not jinx fate!

Jimmy knows what's up

https://amp.tmz.com/2021/05/13/jimmy-smi...guars-nfl/

(05-13-2021, 07:15 PM)TLawIsEnforced Wrote:
(05-13-2021, 07:12 PM)Jags Wrote: Here’s my thoughts:

Do not jinx fate!

I really don't care if Tebow is privileged to try out over others more worthy of the opportunity. The drop-off between him and Farrell or Tyler Davis, or whomever he'd replace, is not huge. He's a good athlete, strong, and can probably block people. We're talking about a back-up blocking tight end who might come in at the goal line.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(05-13-2021, 07:15 PM)TLawIsEnforced Wrote:
(05-13-2021, 07:12 PM)Jags Wrote: Here’s my thoughts:

Do not jinx fate!

Fair warning, tell me NOT to do something and I guarantee I’ll will.  

But I think that may be where their heads are at.  I think Tim is a sales tactic.  Kudos to Khan if that’s the case.  Further proves he’s committed to Jax. Let him make his money. I don’t disagree.  Let’s have TL for the next “x” amount of years and let’s let Khan make
Some money.  Win-win for the fan base. Plus we all get to eat popcorn.
 Who doesn’t like popcorn?!?!

(05-12-2021, 07:11 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-12-2021, 06:55 PM)Tank Commander Wrote: I think QB3, shortyardage back.

As a Tebow supporter, I don't think Tebow will succeed at tight end because he's short for a tight end, lacks length and doesn't have good straight line speed for a tight end.
I don't think he can catch either and will be called for alot of false starts and miss blocking assignments that could get the QB injured.

But I think this is a way to slip him onto the team to be the 3rd string QB, wildcat QB and short yardage full back.
This is where he has the most value with his off the charts 6.66 3 cone agility.
What a brilliant idea! Take the ball out of the rookie QBs hands and into the hands of a guy who hasn’t played in 8 years..... the defense won’t see it comin!

This is exactly why Urban is masking it as he's going to play tight end.

Because you'd whine anyway if he's being brought into be 3rd string QB/short yardage back.

TLaw rides the bench his rookie year with Tebow playing QB.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(05-13-2021, 07:32 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(05-13-2021, 07:15 PM)TLawIsEnforced Wrote: Do not jinx fate!

I really don't care if Tebow is privileged to try out over others more worthy of the opportunity. The drop-off between him and Farrell or Tyler Davis, or whomever he'd replace, is not huge. He's a good athlete, strong, and can probably block people. We're talking about a back-up blocking tight end who might come in at the goal line.

This is Tebow trying to block in the prime of his career at 25 years old... Now imagine him trying to block at 34 years old after being away from football for 9 years..

https://twitter.com/PriscoCBS/status/139...4355516426

(This post was last modified: 05-14-2021, 12:36 AM by JagFanatic24.)

(05-13-2021, 11:52 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(05-13-2021, 07:32 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: I really don't care if Tebow is privileged to try out over others more worthy of the opportunity. The drop-off between him and Farrell or Tyler Davis, or whomever he'd replace, is not huge. He's a good athlete, strong, and can probably block people. We're talking about a back-up blocking tight end who might come in at the goal line.

This is Tebow trying to block in the prime of his career at 25 years old... Now imagine him trying to block at 34 years old after being away from football for 9 years..

https://twitter.com/PriscoCBS/status/139...4355516426

Surely Meyer knows this guy can’t really play TE right??? If he’s bringing him in as a QB2 or a QB3 then just say it. 

Tebow don’t want any smoke with a seasoned defensive end or OLB. None at all. At 33 or 34 years old, I just don’t see it.

If Urban is masking it as bringing him in to hold the clip board then he just needs to say what it is. I’m afraid to see his route tree.

And on top of that, he’s not beating out Minshew for the backup role based on their play on the field.

(This post was last modified: 05-14-2021, 01:04 AM by NewJagsCity.)

I'm hearing the word 'nepotism' a lot in this thread. Unless Urban has secretly adopted Tebow as his son, this ain't nepotism.

So what; then, it's favoritism, you say. That we can probably all agree on. I think we can also agree that coaches show favoritism all the time in picking a coaching staff, otherwise, assistant coaches would have nothing to worry about when a team appoints a new HC. And they all have thier favorite players who they would most likely attempt to acquire if given the power to do so. We have all seen this first hand both here in Jax and around the league. And what might be favoritism to some is called loyalty by others, for good or bad.

Bottom line is, will this work, especially at age 34? No idea, but if it doesn't, then Tebow should be cut in favor of the next man up. How many people thought a college QB would end up being a star WR? But that Julian Edelman ended up being pretty good.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(05-12-2021, 11:42 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-12-2021, 09:22 AM)Dimson Wrote: The hate is strong with you, lol.
I don’t hate Tebow at all. I hate the idea of bringing in any 34 year old couldn’t hack it QB to come in and play TE when they have been out of football for 8 years.

At least Blackmon can run routes.

Crooked and wobbly routes
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 05-14-2021, 03:56 AM by TrivialPursuit.)

(05-14-2021, 01:02 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: I'm hearing the word 'nepotism' a lot in this thread. Unless Urban has secretly adopted Tebow as his son, this ain't nepotism.

So what; then, it's favoritism, you say.  That we can probably all agree on. I think we can also agree that coaches show favoritism all the time in picking a coaching staff, otherwise, assistant coaches would have nothing to worry about when a team appoints a new HC. And they all have thier favorite players who they would most likely attempt to acquire if given the power to do so. We have all seen this first hand both here in Jax and around the league. And what might be favoritism to some is called loyalty by others, for good or bad.

Bottom line is, will this work, especially at age 34? No idea, but if it doesn't, then Tebow should be cut in favor of the next man up. How many people thought a college QB would end up being a star WR? But that Julian Edelman ended up being pretty good.

Awww, sweetie... a two second google search could have saved you some embarassment.

Nepotism refers to both relatives and friends.

Tebow has such little talent that there is no positives in doing this. The distraction outweighs any benefit.

"We* dont want the distraction and circus!"

* Is cause of distraction and circus.

TEBOW HAS NOT BE SIGNED YET. JUST THROWING THAT OUT THERE.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(05-13-2021, 09:36 PM)Tank Commander Wrote:
(05-12-2021, 07:11 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: What a brilliant idea! Take the ball out of the rookie QBs hands and into the hands of a guy who hasn’t played in 8 years..... the defense won’t see it comin!

This is exactly why Urban is masking it as he's going to play tight end.

Because you'd whine anyway if he's being brought into be 3rd string QB/short yardage back.
Lol You don't actually believe this do you?

(This post was last modified: 05-14-2021, 09:18 AM by RicoTx.)

(05-14-2021, 01:02 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: I'm hearing the word 'nepotism' a lot in this thread. Unless Urban has secretly adopted Tebow as his son, this ain't nepotism.

So what; then, it's favoritism, you say.  That we can probably all agree on. I think we can also agree that coaches show favoritism all the time in picking a coaching staff, otherwise, assistant coaches would have nothing to worry about when a team appoints a new HC. And they all have thier favorite players who they would most likely attempt to acquire if given the power to do so. We have all seen this first hand both here in Jax and around the league. And what might be favoritism to some is called loyalty by others, for good or bad.

You need to look up the meaning of nepotism before making a comment on it.

nep·o·tism
/ˈnepəˌtizəm/

noun

1. the practice among those with power or influence of favoring relatives or friends, especially by giving them jobs.

Also, Edelman wasn't 34 when he made a position switch. 
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]