Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Tebow- Jags new TE (merged)

(05-31-2021, 12:48 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 12:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Who has more playoff wins?
So Bortles over Tebow?

Do you see how ridiculous your statements are becoming?

It's funny how we compare a player and then want to bring in another player.  Yes I would take a sober Bortles over Teddy.  Neither are very good passers but Bortles can make plays with his legs

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-31-2021, 12:48 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 12:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Who has more playoff wins?
So Bortles over Tebow?

He can't.  He's offered too many of these pro Tebow arguments for too long.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(05-31-2021, 12:50 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 12:48 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: So Bortles over Tebow?

It's funny how we compare a player and then want to bring in another player.  Yes I would take a sober Bortles over Teddy.  Neither are very good passers but Bortles can make plays with his legs

Tank Commander didn't seem to want to compare Tebow to ANYONE.

So if Teddy couldn't carry Tebow's jock strap, but a sober Bortles is better than Teddy, is Bortles (sober or not )better than Tebow?

This should be interesting.

The only QB I have ever seen a Tebow cultist admit is better than Tebow was Peyton Manning.

It's just too fun for me to watch some of these little feelings get hurt over Tebow  Big Grin

(05-31-2021, 12:31 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 08:55 AM)Bullseye Wrote: But why would you expect anything else?

Before every draft there is pro and con debate over various subjects.

Which direction should the team go?

Offense or defense?

Trade up, trade down, or stand pat?

Is player A good or not?  Who should we take between two different players?

While I don't always agree with the conclusions a poster or posters will reach (nor they mine), most of the debate and disagreements are reasoned and have the Jaguars best interests at heart.  However, none of these discussions involve the Jaguars' brass.  We will link to various clips or quotes from team officials or coaches trying to get some indicia of what they are thinking, while also hoping they don't tip their hands to the other teams.

So when the Jaguars actually pick the players, why would the dynamic change any if the pre draft debate was earnest, honest, impassioned, and engaged with the Jaguars best interest at heart?  If the Jaguars have the temerity to actually disagree with some of our takes
 and go in different directions, why wouldn't there be some disagreement?   Laughing

It stands to reason there would be some pro-con debate afterwards.  Those who were opposed to drafting a RB in the first round before the draft won't be pleased when the Jaguars take a RB in the first round, whether it was UM pulling the trigger on the move or some other coach.  Those who strongly advocated for a TE pre draft are naturally going to strongly express their disappointment when no TE at all is drafted by the team, and the only attempts to upgrade the position are Chris Manhertz and Tim Tebow.  That would have happened no matter who the coach was.  It wasn't going to be simply an UM thing.  

I will say that after the 2014 and 2016 draft, this board was pretty much uniform in being happy about what the Jaguars draft produced.  Very few complaints to be heard.  It turns out, those drafts wound up pretty good.

However, I hasten to add the overall tenor of the board in the immediate aftermath of the 2009-20111 drafts was "in Gene we trust."  Almost everyone here rubber stamped their approval on everything the team did.  Where did that get us?  Did the general lack of dissent make those drafts any better?  No.  I get no  satisfaction being one of the few voices of dissent in those years, because it means the Jaguars were unsuccessful.  I'm sure if you polled those critical of this year's draft for whatever reasons, you'd see a similar sentiment.

I can't recall a single voice of dissent over the Trevor Lawrence pick among the regulars on this board.  Subsequent picks?  Yes, there was disagreement.  But again, why is that unexpected?

To be honest, the only thing I care about is that the team got it right.

There's always going to be disagreement with whatever decision will be made with this team going forward, I understand that. People have the right to voice their concerns over certain players, staff, coaches ect. And you're correct, most people would still be complaining no matter which coach was that offered Tebow a contract, I get that. The point was raised that, the hatred for Meyer as the Jags HC was already there before he even made the choice to give Tebow that contract. Therefore, making things, extra uneasy, around here.

Gotcha.

(This post was last modified: 05-31-2021, 01:02 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

I almost always pull for the underdog. Tebow is the underdog once again and I hope he can prove the doubters wrong and make a roster spot. I don't even know if he will but it would be amazing to make a few more people cry in the process

(05-31-2021, 12:58 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: It's just too fun for me to watch some of these little feelings get hurt over Tebow  Big Grin

Dude, seriously, I don't think anyone has hurt feelings with this back and forth over Tebow as a QB.

Tebow to me is Rudy Rutager.. 1 great play and full of heart. Dude is not an NFL QB or really has been.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 05-31-2021, 01:05 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(05-31-2021, 01:02 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 12:58 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: It's just too fun for me to watch some of these little feelings get hurt over Tebow  Big Grin

Dude, seriously, I don't think anyone has hurt feelings with this back and forth over Tebow as a QB.

Tebow to me is Rudy Rutager.. 1 great play and full of heart. Dude is not an NFL QB or really has been.

He's trying to make the team as a TE not a QB. I've raised a few peoples blood pressure talking about Tebow a few times and it's always been a good time lol

(05-31-2021, 01:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 01:02 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Dude, seriously, I don't think anyone has hurt feelings with this back and forth over Tebow as a QB.

He's trying to make the team as a TE not a QB

But you comparing his QB abilities..

Hurt feelings?

Not at all.

Feelings of incredulity over how "pronoid" (See Jamie Lee Curtis in Fish Called Wanda) you are towards Tebow in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary is more like it.

This discussion has you reduced to three statistical arguments-one of which focuses on the college accomplishment of winning a National title.  The two professional stats?  W-L record (8-6, 1 game above .500) and # of career playoff wins (1).  

Seriously.

(05-31-2021, 01:05 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 01:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He's trying to make the team as a TE not a QB

But you comparing his QB abilities..

Dude hasn't played in 8 years so I have no clue what he is cable of right now.  I don't have any doubt you could still put him in short yardage situations or wildcat and still get the first though

(05-31-2021, 01:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 01:05 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: But you comparing his QB abilities..

Dude hasn't played in 8 years so I have no clue what he is cable of right now.  I don't have any doubt you could still put him in short yardage situations or wildcat and still get the first though

But with 8 years of hindsight, you still defend his career as an NFL QB.

(This post was last modified: 05-31-2021, 01:22 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(05-31-2021, 01:17 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 01:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Dude hasn't played in 8 years so I have no clue what he is cable of right now.  I don't have any doubt you could still put him in short yardage situations or wildcat and still get the first though

But with 8 years of hindsight, you still defend his career as an NFL QB.

If Denver kept him behind Manning he would still be Den QB today

(05-31-2021, 01:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 01:17 PM)Bullseye Wrote: But with 8 years of hindsight, you still defend his career as an NFL QB.

If Denver kept him behind Manning he would still be Den QB today

A tough sell, considering no other team in the league has come close to deeming him starting material, even teams that have had a dire need for QBs since then.

(05-31-2021, 12:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 11:51 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: But he just wiiiiinnnnsssss!!!!!
This!  Give me wins over numbers any day

(05-31-2021, 11:31 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
Tebow was 8-6 as a starter.  One game above .500.

BFD.

Now what?

Still addresses absolutely ZERO of the stuff I raised.

Undecided

And there we see the issue with the Tebots. He is not a winner, he's a bad qb carried by a great defense. Now he's an over the hill bad qb trying to play TE and they still think he's something else.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-31-2021, 01:29 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 01:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If Denver kept him behind Manning he would still be Den QB today

A tough sell, considering no other team in the league has come close to deeming him starting material, even teams that have had a dire need for QBs since then.

It's well known why outside of his play.on the field whether you think he is good or not

(This post was last modified: 05-31-2021, 01:38 PM by RicoTx.)

I find the sad, and almost pathetic, thing about this is he actually believes it.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(05-31-2021, 01:32 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 12:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: This!  Give me wins over numbers any day

Undecided

And there we see the issue with the Tebots. He is not a winner, he's a bad qb carried by a great defense. Now he's an over the hill bad qb trying to play TE and they still think he's something else.

No matter how idiotic, outlandish or unreasonable it may seem, it's still just an opinion on how well he thinks Tebow would have been. The fact that Tebow is close to being a decade removed from official NFL play doesn't bode well for his chances, we all know this.. And when and if, he doesn't make this roster because of his hindrance on this team, bash the hell out of him. But until then, we really just don't know.

(This post was last modified: 05-31-2021, 01:53 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(05-31-2021, 01:38 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I find the sad, and almost pathetic, thing about this is he actually believes it.

It's well know, coaches of other teams even said as much

(05-31-2021, 01:39 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 01:32 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: And there we see the issue with the Tebots. He is not a winner, he's a bad qb carried by a great defense. Now he's an over the hill bad qb trying to play TE and they still think he's something else.

No matter how idiotic, outlandish or unreasonable it may seem, it's still just an opinion on how well he thinks Tebow would have been. The fact that Tebow is close to being a decade removed from official NFL play doesn't bode well for his chances, we all know this.. And when and if, he doesn't make this roster because of his hindrance on this team, bash the hell out of him. But until then, we really just don't know.

This is true, it's all an opinion and nobody really knows.  They will bash Tebow though even if he earn a roster spot.  They can't help it

Deep down inside a few would rather him fail than him make the team and help us in any way

(This post was last modified: 05-31-2021, 02:01 PM by Tank Commander.)

(05-31-2021, 11:31 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 11:13 AM)Tank Commander Wrote: Lol, Manning became available in Free Agency, all the teams tried to go after the HOF. It's not like Elway discovered some diamond in the rough. Elway's a horrible evaluator of talent, especially at the QB position. You still can't answer why he traded up for a spread QB like Paxton Lynch and passed on Dak Prescott. That was a completely wasted draft pick, a zero.

You can offer all the stats and medals you want but it's the stats you omit that are troubling. Hiding Win-Loss stats on Kyle Orton and your other QB friends. Kyle Orton is a career loser who throws up garbage stats and was too busy drinking and taking selfies. You've lost the ability to see the forest from the trees if you don't think winning is the most important stat.

Tebow was 8-6 as a starter.  One game above .500.

BFD.

Now what?

Still addresses absolutely ZERO of the stuff I raised.

There you go again, misusing or omitting stats.

2011 Tebow was 7-4 in regular season. (3 games over 500)
1 and 1 in the playoffs, beating the defending AFC Champion Pittsburgh Steelers

NCAA 48-7 2 National Championships

Your guy, Kyle Orton: 
2009 8-7 record
2010 3-10
2011 1-4
Overall at Denver 12-21 

1-2 in Sun Bowl
0-1 in Capital One Bowl
1-3 Bowl Record

(05-31-2021, 01:38 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I find the sad, and almost pathetic, thing about this is he actually believes it.

Tim Rico, all he does is win.