Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Tebow- Jags new TE (merged)

(05-31-2021, 03:10 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Friendly warning here before official warnings are issued:

I understand the topic makes it a bit difficult, but the moderating team will be issuing warnings for political and/or religious discussion in this thread moving forward according to the board rules.

Thanks in advance  steering clear of those avenues of discussion.

Out of curiosity, what qualifies as political or religious? Does bringing up the name of someone that used to be something religious or political qualify as the discussion now being about religion or politics? How about using a word that could be interpreted in a religious way but isn't being used like that, say, hallelujah?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-31-2021, 04:44 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 03:10 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Friendly warning here before official warnings are issued:

I understand the topic makes it a bit difficult, but the moderating team will be issuing warnings for political and/or religious discussion in this thread moving forward according to the board rules.

Out of curiosity, what qualifies as political or religious? Does bringing up the name of someone that used to be something religious or political qualify as the discussion now being about religion or politics? How about using a word that could be interpreted in a religious way but isn't being used like that, say, hallelujah?

It’s up to the moderator’s interpretation. When we see a post that crosses the line, you’ll know.  Tongue
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Congrats Tebots, its official that all of you are the reason no one wanted Tebow around. Good jorb.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-31-2021, 03:18 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 03:15 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Don't drag me into this.. Why not try reading people's posts before jumping off the deep end..

I don't think he meant to say you... He was probably talking about OzJohnnie and the other insignificant one. 

I don't include you with Tebow cultists. Honestly I didn't even read the names until your response.. That's on him for not targeting the true people defending Tebow with these BS "facts"

So insignificant that you read me into posts where I'm not mentioned?  I'm chuffed.  I guess Tebow isn't the only one living rent-free in people's heads.  Doubly chuffed because I reckon there isn't much room in there and yet you still give it to me.

(This post was last modified: 05-31-2021, 06:23 PM by RicoTx.)

(05-31-2021, 06:04 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 03:18 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: I don't think he meant to say you... He was probably talking about OzJohnnie and the other insignificant one. 

I don't include you with Tebow cultists. Honestly I didn't even read the names until your response.. That's on him for not targeting the true people defending Tebow with these BS "facts"

So insignificant that you read me into posts where I'm not mentioned?  I'm chuffed.  I guess Tebow isn't the only one living rent-free in people's heads.  Doubly chuffed because I reckon there isn't much room in there and yet you still give it to me.

Well thank God.  The voice of reason.  What would we ever do without your philosophical musings?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 05-31-2021, 11:35 PM by JagFanatic24.)

It’s no different from that time Brock Lesnar tried out for the Vikings.

UNLESS....unless Meyer is trying to maneuver him over to the backup QB. Or perhaps the QB3 and use him to push the pile on the goal line or short yardage.

I’m not a Tebow fan but no QB was better at pushing the pile than Tim. I just can’t wrap my brain around him blocking a hungry DE.

(05-31-2021, 11:33 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: It’s no different from that time Brock Lesnar tried out for the Vikings.

UNLESS....unless Meyer is trying to maneuver him over to the backup QB. Or perhaps the QB3 and use him to push the pile on the goal line or short yardage.

I’m not a Tebow fan but no QB was better at pushing the pile than Tim. I just can’t wrap my brain around him blocking a hungry DE.

There is zero proof Meyer is even thinking of having Tebow be QB3. He hasn't taken one snap at QB. Not a single one. I wish people would get over this nonsense.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(05-31-2021, 11:33 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: It’s no different from that time Brock Lesnar tried out for the Vikings.

Rolleyes Wallbash
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(05-31-2021, 11:39 PM)Dimson Wrote:

There is zero proof Meyer is even thinking of having Tebow be QB3. He hasn't taken one snap at QB. Not a single one. I wish people would get over this nonsense.

IF he were to make the team, he'd be a candidate for emergency QB but that would be the only way he would see snaps at that position. Since he's not making the team, it's all theoretical anyway.

(06-01-2021, 06:37 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 11:39 PM)Dimson Wrote: There is zero proof Meyer is even thinking of having Tebow be QB3. He hasn't taken one snap at QB. Not a single one. I wish people would get over this nonsense.

IF he were to make the team, he'd be a candidate for emergency QB but that would be the only way he would see snaps at that position. Since he's not making the team, it's all theoretical anyway.

You don't keep a guy on your team because he is an emergency QB. You turn a guy who makes the team, in to your emergency QB.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(05-28-2021, 07:38 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 07:29 PM)jaglyn Wrote: That’s just your insecurities as a Jag fan manifesting

And Tebow’s fanatics can’t get past his college days… neither can his haters lol

How so?  The only thing that could possibly be construed as coming from an insecurity is the stadium vibe.  And I've witnessed it...first hand...when he came in for the opener in 2010.  I honestly hope I'm wrong.  Insecurity or not, I have a feeling I'm spot on.

Yeah, along with what you said about wanting to see the team make a concerted effort to improve the position immediately, my fear is that our rookie QB is going to be inundated with probing from the media about why he isn't trying to get the ball into Teebs's hands more.

That's my gripe - I got no concern about Teebs' beliefs, his alma mater, his job as an analyst, etc. I got more concern with folks who think the position is fixed, or that greatness is just a snap away because their childhood hero got a favor not afforded to many others who may have been more qualified for the opportunity. But Teebs gets the clicks, so the stories will continue to pour in, whether it's reps on a jugs machine, how ripped swinging a bat made him, or how Urbz loves the sounds his cleats make on a go route.

Hopefully at some point there's something actually newsworthy about his presence here.

(05-29-2021, 08:53 PM)Tank Commander Wrote:
(05-29-2021, 06:46 PM)Bullseye Wrote: They were 4-12 in 2010 (3-10 specifically under Orton)-easily verifiable, as pendragon would say.

That said, it doesn't mean that Tebow was solely or even mostly the cause for the improvement from 2010-2011, nor does it explain the post Tebow improvement on the same team with the same coach between 2012-2015.

Coach John Fox was there from in 2011 as was Von Miller.  Tebow was NOT there in 2012-2015, but Fox and Miller were.

So again, if Tebow were solely or even mostly responsible for the improvement from 2010-2011, why would Denver be so quick to get rid of him?  Why couldn't he replicate that success elsewhere if Denver's trade of Tebow was a mistake?  Why could he only command a 4th round draft pick in trade compensation if it were incontrovertible fact that Tebow was solely responsible for Denver's run and he were this undeniable talent?  Several QBs were rumored to be on the trade market this offseason:  Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson and DeShaun Watson, minimally, all had  at least one first round pick speculated as a baseline to acquire their services, with most supposedly commanding far more for their services.  But Tebow the living legend could only muster a 4th.  This was true even though there was a relative dearth of QBs carrying first round grades between 2012-2014.  Even if Denver were making a grave mistake in dealing away this once in a lifetime player, you would think the overwhelming demand for his services in trade caused by other teams seeing his undeniable talent would warrant a higher draft pick in trade, if not cause Denver to reconsider completely.  But none of that happened.  Why is that?

Sounds like you weren't following the NFL in 2011 and are just relying on stats now.
This may be the most ignorant thing I've seen you post, and there's a number of posts vying for that top spot.

Elway wanted to get rid of Tebow from the beginning as that was Josh McDaniel's pick before Elway took over.
He was hoping to just start Tebow so Tebow could fail and then they could move on.

Unfortunately for Elway, Tebow kept winning, week after week and making Elway look stupid into the playoffs against the Steelers.
This made it hard to get rid of Tebow in Denver but luckily for Elway, Manning choose Denver and so Elway had an out since you had a HOF QB. (Elway really lucked out there because Elway's not the best evaluator of QB talent: Brock Osweiler, Paxton Lynch. Kind of like the Michael Jordan of the NFL)
Care to cite sources on that statement? If you were GM, would you tie your wagon to the guy who struggled to pass for 100 yards a game? If you landed a GM job and the QB was a reliable winner, do you honestly think they would send the dude packing and not take advantage of the good fortune they fell into?

At that point the mistake he made was being traded to the Jets instead of the Jags. He didn't account for a snake like Butt Fumble Mark Sanchez who spent his entire career and all his energy with the Jets just playing political games to keep his starting job rather than be a real quarterback. So he really never had a fair shot at the Jets and his reputation was ruined because of it. Really though that was Tebow's fault for going to a media circus like New York and for being naive to think that Butt Fumble was his friend.

After that he was basically blackballed and labelled an athletic QB who couldn't pass and that was the end of his career.

At this stage in his career it's probably too late for him to be an effective QB.  Like Kapernick and RGIII, he still has issues with his mechanics and is too run reliant.

But I think he will still be an effective goal line and shortyardage back/QB, must like he was his freshman year with the Gators when they would take Chris Leak out and bring Tebow in for automatic TDs. All this tight end nonsense is just that because he has non of the traits that make an effective tight end in this league.

I can't help but recall Vince Young in this situation. His passing was suspect, but "all he does is win football games". Remember the outcry when he won OROY over MJD?

What is the difference between Teebs and VY? Where they played (one for a local college, becoming the hometown hero, the other for a big-name school in a different conference, but ended up on most hated rival's team on darft day)? How they flamed out (one went to baseball, the other went to Cheesecake Factory)?

I mean, would anyone here be as optimistic or quick to argue against skepticism if we were talking about ol' flipper getting a shot at TE instead?

(06-01-2021, 09:15 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 07:38 PM)RicoTx Wrote: How so?  The only thing that could possibly be construed as coming from an insecurity is the stadium vibe.  And I've witnessed it...first hand...when he came in for the opener in 2010.  I honestly hope I'm wrong.  Insecurity or not, I have a feeling I'm spot on.

Yeah, along with what you said about wanting to see the team make a concerted effort to improve the position immediately, my fear is that our rookie QB is going to be inundated with probing from the media about why he isn't trying to get the ball into Teebs's hands more.

That's my gripe - I got no concern about Teebs' beliefs, his alma mater, his job as an analyst, etc. I got more concern with folks who think the position is fixed, or that greatness is just a snap away because their childhood hero got a favor not afforded to many others who may have been more qualified for the opportunity. But Teebs gets the clicks, so the stories will continue to pour in, whether it's reps on a jugs machine, how ripped swinging a bat made him, or how Urbz loves the sounds his cleats make on a go route.

Hopefully at some point there's something actually newsworthy about his presence here.

Can you show me 1 post where someone said the TE position is fixed?  I must of missed that one

(This post was last modified: 06-01-2021, 10:05 AM by Mikey.)

(05-30-2021, 10:47 PM)Dimson Wrote: You don't have to be a Tebow cultists to root for him and hope he does well, just like you don't have to be a hater to think their are better options out there for TE.

How dare you attempt to be level headed about this.

Where is the outraeg

(05-31-2021, 02:29 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Routing for a comeback story is so wrong. Smh in disgust

Alex Smith is a comeback story.

This is Hanson attempting to release a Hip-Hop album. They were a flash in the pan back in the day, popular but not necessarily great at what they do, and now trying to redefine themselves. Hey, it might work. It just as well might not. Doesn't mean the decision for a label to fund the project isn't deserving of some skepticism along the way.

(05-31-2021, 08:03 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 07:47 AM)RicoTx Wrote: There was already plenty of excitement around here with the drafting of Lawrence.

Yeah, I disagree.. We just went through hell and back because of the draft, or should I say, because of Meyer's draft choices.

TIL, hell lasts for about a week and a half.

This changes everything!

(05-31-2021, 08:37 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 08:13 AM)RicoTx Wrote: If that's your opinion that's your opinion.  You talked about Tebow cultists.  Well, you've got the same board experts being hyper-critical about the draft every...single...year.  By and large, people were excited about thr draft.

Yeah, every single year we do have hyper critical over zealous armchair GM's.. That comes with the territory, but you can't deny that this year has been one of the worst because of Meyer.. He had handfuls of people on here bashing him before he even became the HC, so of course, it's going to be even worse because he's the HC. 

Yeah, people were definitely excited for this draft because of TLaw, and they should be. But that story got burried pretty quick, first because of ETN, then because of Tebow.

We have arguably one of the best QB draft picks since Manning, and judging by the post count of the 3 main threads (Tlaw, ETN and Tebow), it seems people are more upset with Tebow joining the Jags than celebrating TLaw being selected by the Jags. There's way more to this team than a 4th string TE who shouldn't even make the final roster.

(05-31-2021, 08:30 AM)Sneakers Wrote: Other than those directly profiting from the sales, who would possibly care about this statistic?

The organization should care.. And I bet it does. Brand recognition is covered in Marketing 101..

I can't say this year was any different than the rifts between posters over Geneious, Diamond Dave, TC, or the like. There's always going to be pro- and anti-, and there's always going to be those on each side that refuse to budge in their stances. The difference between TLaw and the others is that there's practically nothing to argue - who ISN'T excited to see him in teal? who doesn't think he should start week 1? The support and optimism is nearly universal.

We make just as much off of Mahomes and Brady jerseys sold unless all those top 1 and 2 jerseys were sold at the team site. Do you honestly believe the casual "cultist" is going to care about revenue sharing enough to purchase from the team page rather than stopping by their local sporting goods store to pick up their jersey? Before we signed Teebs, weren't we reading about all the TLaw jerseys selling? It sounded like we were doing well in the brand recognition and marketing departments.

(06-01-2021, 08:29 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(06-01-2021, 06:37 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: IF he were to make the team, he'd be a candidate for emergency QB but that would be the only way he would see snaps at that position. Since he's not making the team, it's all theoretical anyway.

You don't keep a guy on your team because he is an emergency QB. You turn a guy who makes the team, in to your emergency QB.

That’s exactly what I said. He has to make the team first. PS: he’s not making the team.

(05-31-2021, 04:44 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:

I think of it like art - you'll know it when you see it. And just because you don't see it doesn't mean someone else will.

When in doubt, "cancel post" has been my go-to.

(06-01-2021, 10:26 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 08:37 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Yeah, every single year we do have hyper critical over zealous armchair GM's.. That comes with the territory, but you can't deny that this year has been one of the worst because of Meyer.. He had handfuls of people on here bashing him before he even became the HC, so of course, it's going to be even worse because he's the HC. 

Yeah, people were definitely excited for this draft because of TLaw, and they should be. But that story got burried pretty quick, first because of ETN, then because of Tebow.

We have arguably one of the best QB draft picks since Manning, and judging by the post count of the 3 main threads (Tlaw, ETN and Tebow), it seems people are more upset with Tebow joining the Jags than celebrating TLaw being selected by the Jags. There's way more to this team than a 4th string TE who shouldn't even make the final roster.

The organization should care.. And I bet it does. Brand recognition is covered in Marketing 101..

I can't say this year was any different than the rifts between posters over Geneious, Diamond Dave, TC, or the like. There's always going to be pro- and anti-, and there's always going to be those on each side that refuse to budge in their stances. The difference between TLaw and the others is that there's practically nothing to argue - who ISN'T excited to see him in teal? who doesn't think he should start week 1? The support and optimism is nearly universal.

We make just as much off of Mahomes and Brady jerseys sold unless all those top 1 and 2 jerseys were sold at the team site. Do you honestly believe the casual "cultist" is going to care about revenue sharing enough to purchase from the team page rather than stopping by their local sporting goods store to pick up their jersey? Before we signed Teebs, weren't we reading about all the TLaw jerseys selling? It sounded like we were doing well in the brand recognition and marketing departments.
100% true. There were people defending the Anger pick.

(06-01-2021, 09:49 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(06-01-2021, 09:15 AM)Mikey Wrote: Yeah, along with what you said about wanting to see the team make a concerted effort to improve the position immediately, my fear is that our rookie QB is going to be inundated with probing from the media about why he isn't trying to get the ball into Teebs's hands more.

Can you show me 1 post where someone said the TE position is fixed?  I must of missed that one

there are plenty here that of stated they expect him to be impactful on Sundays, that we of Tebow-specific packages waiting to be deployed and humiliate defenses across the league, those that argue against all have those questioning why we didn't afford the same workout to actual factual TE...come on.

(SWIDT?)