Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Tebow- Jags new TE (merged)

(07-10-2021, 01:27 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(07-09-2021, 08:39 PM)FBT Wrote: I'm amazed that a thread about the 5th tight end on this team, a guy who, best case, probably lands on the practice squad, has gone almost 40 pages deep.  I guess it's a good thing that people are paying attention, right?

Forty?!?

What kind of board settings do you have going there?

Using the default settings, we're at 95 pages.

I think Marty raised the possibility of 100 pages before training camp.

He looks prescient.

100 pages before July ends.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Easily 100 pages. Heck it be 150 deep soon.

Doing my part to get us to 100.  Banana

I'm not sure we're going to get to 100 anymore. This thread looks like it's petering out.

(07-11-2021, 04:55 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I'm not sure we're going to get to 100 anymore.   This thread looks like it's petering out.
We can't have that now, can we?

Tim Tebow is the most overrated player in history.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Training Camp will bring renewed activity here as the gata homers cling to every high school level succesful play as a sign that Timma has turned the corner.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 07-11-2021, 09:38 AM by The Real Marty.)

I think as Urb learns, if he hasn't already, that ALL NFL players have the same exalted qualities as Tim Tebow, or else they wouldn't be in the NFL, he'll look for the off ramp for this little experiment.

(07-11-2021, 09:37 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I think as Urb learns, if he hasn't already, that ALL NFL players have the same exalted qualities as Tim Tebow, or else they wouldn't be in the NFL, he'll look for the off ramp for this little experiment.

No other player in the NFL can walk on Gatorade though.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-11-2021, 09:37 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I think as Urb learns, if he hasn't already, that ALL NFL players have the same exalted qualities as Tim Tebow, or else they wouldn't be in the NFL, he'll look for the off ramp for this little experiment.

Except they haven't led a team into the playoffs. 

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia1.tenor.com%2Fimag...f=1&nofb=1]

(07-11-2021, 10:59 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Maybe not...but like Tebow, they went along on the ride.

There's just something special about a 48% career passer, whether you call it moxie, leadership, a winner, can-do attitude, hard worker, whatever, there's just something special about a guy who can't play winning a playoff game. I call it "teammates."

(07-11-2021, 11:14 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: There's just something special about a 48% career passer, whether you call it moxie, leadership, a winner, can-do attitude, hard worker, whatever, there's just something special about a guy who can't play winning a playoff game. I call it "teammates."

Laughing

I'm reminded of Kevin Costner in "The Unrouchables" by this statement.

(07-11-2021, 11:14 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: There's just something special about a 48% career passer, whether you call it moxie, leadership, a winner, can-do attitude, hard worker, whatever, there's just something special about a guy who can't play winning a playoff game. I call it "teammates."

You just wait until our resident Tebow Fluffer mr Race ahold of this and hits you with 12 paragraphs of complete nonsense. He will show you.

(07-11-2021, 06:58 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:

You just wait until our resident Tebow Fluffer mr Race ahold of this and hits you with 12 paragraphs of complete nonsense. He will show you.

I figured the chicken shill would be here by now too.

(This post was last modified: 07-11-2021, 09:12 PM by Jag88.)

2 more weeks until we get to see some more tebow! Oh the next two weeks are the longest of the year. It's almost go time

If I was an NFL player and someone told me Tebow was being kept on the team because he's a great teammate and he works harder than anyone else, I would be insulted.

(07-12-2021, 08:40 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: If I was an NFL player and someone told me Tebow was being kept on the team because he's a great teammate and he works harder than anyone else, I would be insulted.

Which is why you don't see that happening on professional teams of any sport. Each player is an expensive and valuable component of the team. Nostalgia doesn't pay the bills. 

Unless, of course, the player had previously led a team to the playoffs and is needed to guide and enable a rookie QB to learn how to win.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia...f=1&nofb=1]

(07-11-2021, 08:40 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Training Camp will bring renewed activity here as the gata homers cling to every high school level succesful play as a sign that Timma has turned the corner.

Don’t take it out on the college grads that you couldn’t find a degree on a thermometer.

(This post was last modified: 07-12-2021, 09:19 AM by Mikey.)

(07-09-2021, 08:52 PM)Race Bannon Wrote: He is not eligible for the practice squad.

@You say this like Urbz has any regard for rules@

Laughing

(07-11-2021, 04:55 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I'm not sure we're going to get to 100 anymore.   This thread looks like it's petering out.

Is this some religious joke in a Tebow thread?

(07-11-2021, 09:41 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

No other player in the NFL can walk on Gatorade though.

You owe me a monitor.

(07-11-2021, 10:59 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Pssh...Blake Bortles did that...how hard can it REALLY be?

(07-11-2021, 11:20 AM)Bullseye Wrote:

Laughing

I'm reminded of Kevin Costner in "The Unrouchables" by this statement.

Scooby Doo has hacked into Bullseye's account.

(This post was last modified: 07-12-2021, 09:44 AM by Pendragon.)

Thread wont die unless Tim gets cut. We, the cult of Tebow, always have more stuff. My favorite is all the guys saying "college doesn't mean crap in the NFL" and then two seconds later they are telling me about Trevor's college career and winning. What is going to happen when Trevor is a total bust? He has to be because his college stats throwing are eerily similar to Tim's. They both started for three years. Of course, as a dual threat runner Tim destroys him.

Accuracy? Trevor wins 66.6%-66.4% (close, eh?),

YPA? Tim wins 9.3-8.9,

total yards? Trevor wins 10098-9285 (but threw 195 more passes),

Passing TD's Trevor wins 90-88.

QB RATING? Tim wins 170.8-164.3

Rushing? LOL

Tim 2947 yards , 4.3 avg, 57 TDS

Trevor 943 yards, 4.1 avg, 18 TDs

edit:

Scoring Tebow wins 342-108

Winning Trevor wins 38-2 versus 35-6

Does it matter what they did in college? NOPE. But they sure did the same exact thing for the most part. Even their statistical accuracy was identical. Im just trying to prepare you for the possibility of Trevor being the next Tim because I am kind hearted.