Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Tebow- Jags new TE (merged)

We need Tebow to hang around to keep distracting us from how bad the Jags really are

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-15-2021, 12:26 AM)Jag88 Wrote: He was open and Luton missed him on one of the plays. He didn't do bad or good. He just needs more playing time to tell.
(08-15-2021, 12:51 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(08-15-2021, 12:26 AM)Jag88 Wrote: He was open and Luton missed him on one of the plays. He didn't do bad or good. He just needs more playing time to tell.

He was wide open too. I saw him get open and I was like here we go and no. Luton checked it down, lol.
Yeah he didn't do anything to get him cut but he also didn't move up on the depth chart. We will see if he is targeted in a game next week.

I don't see him getting cut on Tuesday.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(08-15-2021, 01:36 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(08-15-2021, 12:51 AM)Dimson Wrote: He was wide open too. I saw him get open and I was like here we go and no. Luton checked it down, lol.
Yeah he didn't do anything to get him cut but he also didn't move up on the depth chart. We will see if he is targeted in a game next week.

Did he even play?

(08-15-2021, 01:38 AM)Predator Wrote:
(08-15-2021, 01:36 AM)p_rushing Wrote: Yeah he didn't do anything to get him cut but he also didn't move up on the depth chart. We will see if he is targeted in a game next week.

Did he even play?
Played in the 2 min drill before half and some in the 2nd half.

(08-15-2021, 01:48 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(08-15-2021, 01:38 AM)Predator Wrote: Did he even play?
Played in the 2 min drill before half and some in the 2nd half.

I watched the game on TV. I don't remember him even getting mentioned during the game broadcast.

I figured he would have gotten more attention just due to the novelty factor alone.

Haha. You guys are trying so hard to convince yourselves. Tebow had more fans in the stadium than the Jaguars did. We may not be the majority here but we are there.

(This post was last modified: 08-15-2021, 05:13 AM by Bullseye.)

(08-15-2021, 02:55 AM)Pendragon Wrote: Haha. You guys are trying so hard to convince yourselves.  Tebow had more fans in the stadium than the Jaguars did.  We may not be the majority here but we are there.

Convince ourselves of what?!?

Tebow did nothing yesterday?

Did you see him try to block?

(08-14-2021, 11:19 PM)Kane Wrote:
(08-14-2021, 11:09 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: I saw numerous routes he ran if he broke off and turned, he would be wide open. But he just sat. Plus he doesn’t have the speed to separate. I don’t think he is gonna make it much further.

I mean for NFL standards he's pretty much an old man... (Coming from a late 30 something myself)

It was a nice story and sweet of Meyer to give him a shot but.... It is what it is

Now do you see why I was saying there is no basis for substantive Tebow discussion here?

(08-15-2021, 02:38 AM)Predator Wrote:
(08-15-2021, 01:48 AM)p_rushing Wrote: Played in the 2 min drill before half and some in the 2nd half.

I watched the game on TV. I don't remember him even getting mentioned during the game broadcast.

I figured he would have gotten more attention just due to the novelty factor alone.

They mentioned him.  Even replayed his attempt to block.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

And the commentators said he had a pass to him stolen by Tavon Austin before the half.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-15-2021, 02:55 AM)Pendragon Wrote: Haha. You guys are trying so hard to convince yourselves.  Tebow had more fans in the stadium than the Jaguars did.  We may not be the majority here but we are there.

...and will be gone soon, thank goodness.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

The team did not want to unleash their ultimate weapon in the first preseason game. Yeah. That's what it was.

Rewatching the first half, second to last play of the first half. Tebow lunges to make a block, misses and awkwardly stumbles over his own feet. I know he's trying his best but it's hard not to laugh.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

He was open plenty of times but didn't get the pass. I don't know if that's because the qb's didn't trust him to catch it or what.  On the play that the pass went to T Austin and Tebow was nearby, Tebow was open on a nice, mid range slant route (going away from Austin) but the qb didn't get it to him. 

On the other hand, that block was bad enough to not give him the chance to do that again.

(This post was last modified: 08-15-2021, 09:35 AM by Bullseye.)

(08-15-2021, 08:06 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: Rewatching the first half, second to last play of the first half. Tebow lunges to make a block, misses and awkwardly stumbles over his own feet. I know he's trying his best but it's hard not to laugh.

Yes. 

It seems at one point he spun around like a top...almost like he was break dancing.

(08-15-2021, 08:54 AM)prime winner Wrote:

He was open plenty of times but didn't get the pass. I don't know if that's because the qb's didn't trust him to catch it or what.  On the play that the pass went to T Austin and Tebow was nearby, Tebow was open on a nice, mid range slant route (going away from Austin) but the qb didn't get it to him. 

On the other hand, that block was bad enough to not give him the chance to do that again.

(Emphasis added)

There it is!

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 08-15-2021, 09:46 AM by The Real Marty.)

(08-15-2021, 09:34 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-15-2021, 08:06 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: Rewatching the first half, second to last play of the first half. Tebow lunges to make a block, misses and awkwardly stumbles over his own feet. I know he's trying his best but it's hard not to laugh.

Yes. 

It seems at one point he spun around like a top...almost like he was break dancing.

(08-15-2021, 08:54 AM)prime winner Wrote: He was open plenty of times but didn't get the pass. I don't know if that's because the qb's didn't trust him to catch it or what.  On the play that the pass went to T Austin and Tebow was nearby, Tebow was open on a nice, mid range slant route (going away from Austin) but the qb didn't get it to him. 

(Emphasis added)

There it is!

I was in the stands, and I haven't watched a replay on TV, but about that block by Tebow, it seemed to me on that block that he maybe would have blocked the guy if the guy had not changed course, and when the guy changed course, the guy took himself out of the play, Tebow dove at him anyway, and got spun around.  Nonetheless, some people in the stands laughed when they saw the replay on the big scoreboard.  

I dunno.  Correct me if I'm wrong.  I only saw it on the big scoreboard.  That block did look pretty funny.

There were definitely some #85 Tebow Jaguars jerseys.   Probably more than any other player actually.

He blocked on a run and literally bounced off the defensive player. Face it, he’s not an NFL caliber TE.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

Saw Teebow...watched a bit. Conclusion? The other team really wasn't that worried about him catching a pass and he is the master of the faking like is going to block you.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

They should end this mirage and just name him 3rd string QB. I can accept that. I'd prefer him over Beathard or maybe Minshew.

He can run a Urban Meyer offense.

Only thing I really noticed from yesterday's game is that he's awkward getting off the line and into a route when pressed. Tripped to the turf once in the process.

(08-15-2021, 02:21 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: They should end this mirage and just name him 3rd string QB. I can accept that. I'd prefer him over Beathard or maybe Minshew.

Bahahahahaha

Classic.

(08-15-2021, 02:21 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: They should end this mirage and just name him 3rd string QB. I can accept that. I'd prefer him over Beathard or maybe Minshew.

Wow...

I prefer Schenault, Etienne or even Lambo at QB before Tebow.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23