Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Tebow- Jags new TE (merged)

So Tebow in the first round of cuts or nah?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-14-2021, 10:08 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: So Tebow in the first round of cuts or nah?

I don't even see the practice squad in his future.

(08-14-2021, 10:11 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(08-14-2021, 10:08 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: So Tebow in the first round of cuts or nah?

I don't even see the practice squad in his future.

Nope.. He showed nothing in that game..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

https://twitter.com/JStCyrTV/status/1426...65155?s=20

His best play of the day.

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2021, 10:18 PM by Eric1.)

Gotta cut loose 5 guys by Tuesday.. I don't see how he isn't one of those 5. It's a no brainer cut.

I bet he stays because of Urban
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(08-14-2021, 10:18 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: I bet he stays because of Urban

I agree, though he should be an easy cut.

There is an "invisible user" viewing this thread. Is that you Coach?

Should be.

Should be but won't be.
He'll make to final cuts I think but in the end team won't keep many TEs and he isn't better than James, Manhertz, or Farrell... And if they keep a 4th Ellfson or another guy certainly is a better option imo

I saw numerous routes he ran if he broke off and turned, he would be wide open. But he just sat. Plus he doesn’t have the speed to separate. I don’t think he is gonna make it much further.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(08-14-2021, 11:09 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: I saw numerous routes he ran if he broke off and turned, he would be wide open. But he just sat. Plus he doesn’t have the speed to separate. I don’t think he is gonna make it much further.

I mean for NFL standards he's pretty much an old man... (Coming from a late 30 something myself)

It was a nice story and sweet of Meyer to give him a shot but.... It is what it is

(08-14-2021, 11:19 PM)Kane Wrote:
(08-14-2021, 11:09 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: I saw numerous routes he ran if he broke off and turned, he would be wide open. But he just sat. Plus he doesn’t have the speed to separate. I don’t think he is gonna make it much further.

I mean for NFL standards he's pretty much an old man... (Coming from a late 30 something myself)

It was a nice story and sweet of Meyer to give him a shot but.... It is what it is

Facts
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(08-14-2021, 11:07 PM)Kane Wrote: Should be but won't be.
He'll make to final cuts I think but in the end team won't keep many TEs and he isn't better than James, Manhertz, or Farrell... And if they keep a 4th Ellfson or another guy certainly is a better option imo

Yup it was clear as day from the very start and has only been proven throughout training camp and tonight.

He is far and away the 6th/last string TE on this roster (and we all know he shouldn't have been on the roster in the first place). O'Shaughnessy, Manhertz, Farrell, Davis and Ellefson are all easily better. Even though that's not saying much.

If any of those guys are let go before Tebow, then that's 100% proof that he's only here because of Urbs/favoritism.

He was open and Luton missed him on one of the plays. He didn't do bad or good. He just needs more playing time to tell.

Them fans wasted $120 on #85 jersey.

I guess it's the typical poster's job to jump to conclusion.

(08-15-2021, 12:26 AM)Jag88 Wrote: He was open and Luton missed him on one of the plays. He didn't do bad or good. He just needs more playing time to tell.

He was wide open too. I saw him get open and I was like here we go and no. Luton checked it down, lol.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

He's not an NFL tightend.  He's a QB or short yardage back.

(This post was last modified: 08-15-2021, 12:58 AM by Eric1. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-15-2021, 12:26 AM)Jag88 Wrote: He was open and Luton missed him on one of the plays. He didn't do bad or good. He just needs more playing time to tell.

I mean it's pretty obvious that he needs at least 2-3 years of development and at 34 years old, that's not going to happen. Far better off giving those 2-3 years to somebody who's 10 years younger than he is.