Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Tebow- Jags new TE (merged)

Never a good sign when you have two guys run a route to the same spot.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-16-2021, 08:37 AM)Mikey Wrote: Never a good sign when you have two guys run a route to the same spot.

I think most people would say it's because Tebow did something wrong and you might be right about that.

But, Could just be that Tebows an old slow man and Tavon Austin is still one of the fastest men in the NFL and just caught up to him that quick haha.

Another Tebow thread.

[Image: DarlingBleakDotterel-size_restricted.gif]

(08-15-2021, 10:10 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: LOL

https://twitter.com/FourVerts/status/142...0575219718

He's good at avoiding people, not blocking them.

He's gonna get TL killed, he needs to be changed to back up QB or short yardage back.

(08-16-2021, 09:01 AM)Tank Commander Wrote:

He's good at avoiding people, not blocking them.

He's gonna get TL killed, he needs to be changed to back up QB or short yardage back.

He’ll be changed to ‘cut’.

(08-16-2021, 09:04 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(08-16-2021, 09:01 AM)Tank Commander Wrote: He's good at avoiding people, not blocking them.

He’ll be changed to ‘cut’.

Like I said from Day 1, he's not a tight end.  Has none of the attributes or measurables of a tight end.

(08-16-2021, 08:52 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Another Tebow thread.

[Image: DarlingBleakDotterel-size_restricted.gif]

[Image: gary-coleman-whatchu-talkin-bout-willis.gif]

(08-16-2021, 09:07 AM)Tank Commander Wrote:
(08-16-2021, 09:04 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: He’ll be changed to ‘cut’.

Like I said from Day 1, he's not a tight end.  Has none of the attributes or measurables of a tight end.

And none of the talents and skills of a QB or RB.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Tebow completely missed a key block on that running play. IF he’s gonna make the team, he’s flat out gotta block better. He drops his head as if he’s tackling. It was embarrassing.

Josh Oliver did well.

Ya know.. the guy we gave up for nothing. And then decided a 34 year old little guy was a viable TE?

(This post was last modified: 08-16-2021, 01:17 PM by HURRICANE!!!. Edited 1 time in total.)

wow !!!   How do you let a 265 pound DE (Curtis Weaver - Boise State) that has no career games and will likely not make the final Browns roster juke you out !!!   It's not like that was a 27 year old JJ Watt coming off the end.  

Wait, I read on this board Tebow has a great shuttle time so perhaps we should keep him .... lol

(08-16-2021, 02:37 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(08-16-2021, 02:20 AM)p_rushing Wrote: At least bring some examples of who you want him to stay and him cut before.

Your TDS is showing.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Same for you... Show me at least 5 guys who deserve to be cut before a 34 year old, first time fish out of water, and the examples why they are less deserving.

Bottom CBs, WRs, 1 QB, etc. I don't think he is making the roster but he has value as a player who can play multiple positions. Stash him on the PS and see if he progresses and if not cut him. It's not like the Jags are going to miss out on anyone with the huge PS now.

(08-16-2021, 05:17 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(08-16-2021, 02:37 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Same for you... Show me at least 5 guys who deserve to be cut before a 34 year old, first time fish out of water, and the examples why they are less deserving.

Bottom CBs, WRs, 1 QB, etc. I don't think he is making the roster but he has value as a player who can play multiple positions. Stash him on the PS and see if he progresses and if not cut him. It's not like the Jags are going to miss out on anyone with the huge PS now.

He clearly cannot play multiple positions on an NFL team. I was hoping the guy would succeed because I'm all for the underdog showing they can get things done, but he is not getting anything done and needs to go.

(08-16-2021, 05:26 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(08-16-2021, 05:17 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Bottom CBs, WRs, 1 QB, etc. I don't think he is making the roster but he has value as a player who can play multiple positions. Stash him on the PS and see if he progresses and if not cut him. It's not like the Jags are going to miss out on anyone with the huge PS now.

He clearly cannot play multiple positions on an NFL team. I was hoping the guy would succeed because I'm all for the underdog showing they can get things done, but he is not getting anything done and needs to go.

He can play them, not well enough for a roster spot though. He most likely won't get better at his age but he does have the advantage that he can play FB, TE, and special teams. If they get injuries and need someone to fill multiple rolls for a week, he may work.

Tebow is accomplishing what he is supposed to do. All of Twitter is talking about the Jaguars.

I watched the Howard Stern movie the other night and there was a spot where the program guy was trying to figure out his high ratings. He said people who love Stern listened, on average, for an hour and people who hate Stern listened for two… both had the same answer why: they wanted to see what he would do next.

Get over it. This is a team that can improve 100% by winning two games this year. Without Tebow nobody really cares. I know I don’t.

(08-16-2021, 05:26 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(08-16-2021, 05:17 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Bottom CBs, WRs, 1 QB, etc. I don't think he is making the roster but he has value as a player who can play multiple positions. Stash him on the PS and see if he progresses and if not cut him. It's not like the Jags are going to miss out on anyone with the huge PS now.

If you love underdogs, try rooting for Jalen Camp or one of the numerous true underdogs on this team.

(08-16-2021, 05:45 PM)Pendragon Wrote: Tebow is accomplishing what he is supposed to do.  All of Twitter is talking about the Jaguars.

I watched the Howard Stern movie the other night and there was a spot where the program guy was trying to figure out his high ratings.  He said people who love Stern listened, on average, for an hour and people who hate Stern listened for two… both had the same answer why: they wanted to see what he would do next.

Get over it.  This is a team that can improve 100% by winning two games this year.  Without Tebow nobody really cares.  I know I don’t.

I know one thing for certain I don't care about.  

What you think.  And I use the term 'think' loosely.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

All that muscle and he plays scared lol. 

Yep, this is a team that just went 1-15 and clearly Tebow is not good enough to win a roster spot on this team  Laughing Laughing Laughing
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(08-16-2021, 05:51 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(08-16-2021, 05:45 PM)Pendragon Wrote: Tebow is accomplishing what he is supposed to do.  All of Twitter is talking about the Jaguars.

I watched the Howard Stern movie the other night and there was a spot where the program guy was trying to figure out his high ratings.  He said people who love Stern listened, on average, for an hour and people who hate Stern listened for two… both had the same answer why: they wanted to see what he would do next.

Get over it.  This is a team that can improve 100% by winning two games this year.  Without Tebow nobody really cares.  I know I don’t.

I know one thing for certain I don't care about.  

What you think.  And I use the term 'think' loosely.
Rico! Rico! Rico!

(08-16-2021, 05:31 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(08-16-2021, 05:26 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: He clearly cannot play multiple positions on an NFL team. I was hoping the guy would succeed because I'm all for the underdog showing they can get things done, but he is not getting anything done and needs to go.

He can play them, not well enough for a roster spot though. He most likely won't get better at his age but he does have the advantage that he can play FB, TE, and special teams. If they get injuries and need someone to fill multiple rolls for a week, he may work.

Lining up at a position and actually playing them are two completely different things. He can do the former, not the latter and that latter part is pretty damn important...

He should do this team and his buddy Urban a favor and just retire now. That way the team gets better and Urban doesn't have to feel guilty about cutting one of his best buddies.

(08-16-2021, 06:49 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(08-16-2021, 05:31 PM)p_rushing Wrote: He can play them, not well enough for a roster spot though. He most likely won't get better at his age but he does have the advantage that he can play FB, TE, and special teams. If they get injuries and need someone to fill multiple rolls for a week, he may work.

Lining up at a position and actually playing them are two completely different things. He can do the former, not the latter and that latter part is pretty damn important...

He should do this team and his buddy Urban a favor and just retire now. That way the team gets better and Urban doesn't have to feel guilty about cutting one of his best buddies.

I think you are missing the what he has demanded or accepted. He demanded nothing, they can cut him at any point. He won't accept an unearned spot on the team. He didn't demand a spot in the MLB or even minor leagues, he worked his way up. I'm not saying he will ever play but he hasn't acted like he is owed anything. I don't like his skills or think he will produce anything but don't act like he has ever demanded anything.