Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Tebow- Jags new TE (merged)

(08-15-2021, 08:06 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: Rewatching the first half, second to last play of the first half. Tebow lunges to make a block, misses and awkwardly stumbles over his own feet. I know he's trying his best but it's hard not to laugh.

This is my biggest worry with him being at tight end.  He blows an igassnement and gets TL seriously injured.
That's why I would only want Tebow as the back up QB and shortyardage back.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Honestly, what happened was, Tebow went to make the block, and the guy moved out of the way. Which is fine, since that meant Tebow didn't really have to block him. Then, Tebow tried to block him anyway, and we saw what happened. It's kind of funny, but in reality, Tebow did his job.

(08-15-2021, 03:46 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Honestly, what happened  was, Tebow went to make the block, and the guy moved out of the way.  Which is fine, since that meant Tebow didn't really have to block him.  Then, Tebow tried to block him anyway, and we saw what happened.  It's kind of funny, but in reality, Tebow did his job.

That was the play that's been getting highlighted. It looks bad but there's another play, right before halftime where he's on the line and moves out to make a block and then gets his feet tangled up and goes down. It's not as crazy looking but it shows he just doesn't have the agility or experience for the position. I give him credit for giving it 100% though.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Based on the little bit that I saw, he shouldn't make the team.  I admire his hard work and dedication, but it's simply not enough.  His professional football days are pretty much over.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

https://thespun.com/nfl/afc-south/jackso...oMVIMOWfvk

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(08-15-2021, 05:06 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Based on the little bit that I saw, he shouldn't make the team.  I admire his hard work and dedication, but it's simply not enough.  His professional football days are pretty much over.

I was rooting for him, mainly just to piss others off.  But I’m weird like that.  But from what I saw, he had no business on the roster.  I do wish the man the best in his future endeavors.

His blocking was super weird, but I will say his release off the line looked much better than the other T.E's which was weird to me. Of course from the tv angle you can't see most of his cuts etc so who knows how ugly or good they were.

I never want to see Tebow play QB for us, but wouldn't it be hilarious to see him play QB as jacked as he is now? lol.

I'm just glad he got his chance and there was nothing wrong with giving him that chance.. Now it's time to move on..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

LOL

https://twitter.com/FourVerts/status/142...0575219718
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(07-30-2021, 04:07 PM)Race Bannon Wrote: I vote no on the practice squad prediction.  He wouldn't have been eligible under pre-COVID rules, and the new exceptions are intended for young guys who had there normal pattern of accrued time disrupted by the weird COVID schedule (kind of like how the college guys got an extra year of eligibility).  He does not fall within the intent of the practice squad concept.  And it's hardly worth the attention and stuff to have him on the practice squad.

In my view, the two choices are (1) makes it because this could work, he's not a finished product yet but there's enough there to where we might get a solid contribution out of him; or (2) tap-tap, it's the end of the road Timmy, and you know it's done with love because it's Urban.

In my opinion, the people that are most puzzled by all of this are the ones that don't understand he's a complete beast at the game of football, a natural.  He's so good at football they let him play quarterback and he can't throw (smiley face).  If you miss that fact (disagree with it, whatever), it all seems like some kind of puzzle where you can't understand why he keeps turning up like a bad penny.

But make no mistake, he is profoundly talented.  Don't fall into the armchair-coach trap of thinking 40 time is a catch-all for general football ability.  It's one number among many, and for the 250+ pound players there is such a thing as "good enough."

(08-02-2021, 05:48 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(08-02-2021, 01:23 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Gronk is actually a tough guy (with a TE"s frame). He's had a life that was rough n tumble and fun and fights about girls and fights with friends (and brothers) just 'cause they were drunk. Gronk was an actual tough TE.

Tebow is not that. He's a homeschooled kid that was coddled his entire life. He can go to the gym all he wants, but he will get his butt kicked by anyone that's actually been in a real fight.

He's not tough, he can't block... he's just a big guy that works out a lot.

Laughing Laughing
Says the keyboard tough guy!  You're more ridiculous than the other one who was comparing him to Gronk.  

Truth is that he's looking better than most of us thought he would.  I'm actively rooting for him to be good enough to make the team.  It would be delicious to see all the haters in this thread lose their collective minds!

Laughing Laughing
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(08-15-2021, 08:52 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: His blocking was super weird, but I will say his release off the line looked much better than the other T.E's which was weird to me. Of course from the tv angle you can't see most of his cuts etc so who knows how ugly or good they were.

I never want to see Tebow play QB for us, but wouldn't it be hilarious to see him play QB as jacked as he is now? lol.
Yeah he definitely was open most of the time without seeing the all 24 angle.
(08-15-2021, 10:10 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: LOL

I thought the next play was worse but they didn't show a good view on TV. The 1st block at least he made contact and kept him from getting back into the play even though it looked bad.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(08-15-2021, 10:10 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: LOL

Good lord that's awful.

Like that guy said, if he is still on this team after the first wave of cuts, there's no way we can take this staff seriously.

Tebow is a liability out there in more ways than one. He's going to get somebody hurt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JUBcZ46quY

Rip Tebow, Tavon Austin wasn't having it haha.

(This post was last modified: 08-15-2021, 11:12 PM by Eric1. Edited 1 time in total.)

More like Tebow stopped on his route and Austin ran the right route. 

Definitely looks like Tebow isn't where he's supposed to be when you look at all the other routes by the receivers. He should have kept moving up and left towards that massive void in the middle of the Defense and not stop where he did.

(08-15-2021, 10:46 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(08-15-2021, 10:10 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: LOL

Good lord that's awful.

Like that guy said, if he is still on this team after the first wave of cuts, there's no way we can take this staff seriously.

Tebow is a liability out there in more ways than one. He's going to get somebody hurt.
They are only cutting a few players, there are plenty that can be cut before Tebow and it not be an embarrassment. I think he makes it to the PS if he wants it.

(08-15-2021, 11:45 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(08-15-2021, 10:46 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Good lord that's awful.

They are only cutting a few players, there are plenty that can be cut before Tebow and it not be an embarrassment. I think he makes it to the PS if he wants it.

False.

He has zero upside and brings no value to this roster. Nice try, but the experiment is over. Time to move on.

(08-15-2021, 11:52 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(08-15-2021, 11:45 PM)p_rushing Wrote: They are only cutting a few players, there are plenty that can be cut before Tebow and it not be an embarrassment. I think he makes it to the PS if he wants it.

False.

He has zero upside and brings no value to this roster. Nice try, but the experiment is over. Time to move on.
At least bring some examples of who you want him to stay and him cut before.

Your TDS is showing.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 08-16-2021, 02:40 AM by Eric1. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-16-2021, 02:20 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(08-15-2021, 11:52 PM)Eric1 Wrote: False.

At least bring some examples of who you want him to stay and him cut before.

Your TDS is showing.

Same for you... Show me at least 5 guys who deserve to be cut before a 34 year old, first time fish out of water, and the examples why they are less deserving.

Nobody on our team knows how to block. I think we keep him strictly for monetary reasons.

(08-16-2021, 02:37 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(08-16-2021, 02:20 AM)p_rushing Wrote: At least bring some examples of who you want him to stay and him cut before.

Your TDS is showing.

Same for you... Show me at least 5 guys who deserve to be cut before a 34 year old, first time fish out of water, and the examples why they are less deserving.

It would probably be at most 4 since we got rid of Schobert. Then there's Ross who was injured. Even though I mostly agree that Tebow has no business being on the roster I think a few receivers could be cut in the first round.