Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Tebow- Jags new TE (merged)

(08-17-2021, 09:36 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: Tebow's been cut. Turn out the lights, the party's over.

Nooooooooooooooo
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-17-2021, 10:23 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(08-17-2021, 10:21 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: Speaking engagements don't make him a good person. But he CAN do speaking engagements and not be a bad person. I don't know him personally and I'd bet you don't either, so what's with the hate and bitterness?

'Cause I've met him and his (overbearing, really stupid and preachy) parents when he was a teenager going to one class only... weight training... which allowed him to play QB while being homeschooled.

The only reason he has money is from speaking engagements related to his..... calling. I can't use the word.

So his parents were mean to you and he makes money for doing public speaking events. Well at least you have a rationale even if it's not the most well founded one.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(08-17-2021, 10:23 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(08-17-2021, 10:21 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: Speaking engagements don't make him a good person. But he CAN do speaking engagements and not be a bad person. I don't know him personally and I'd bet you don't either, so what's with the hate and bitterness?

'Cause I've met him and his (overbearing, really stupid and preachy) parents when he was a teenager going to one class only... weight training... which allowed him to play QB while being homeschooled.

There it is

(08-14-2021, 10:18 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: I bet he stays because of Urban

Time to go back and look at some jackass posts..

This was a cute one..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

There were people who who didn't see this coming!?!? Yikes.

I guess I did actually see a YouTube video or two of people talking about about Tebow as a fantasy football TE sleeper hahahahaha

We’re finally right about something

Although we’re still staring into a gun barrel of a possible 4-13 season, but at least we can rejoice that we got this right

(08-14-2021, 09:57 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(08-14-2021, 09:53 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Heads would explode on both sides of the Tebow aisle.

The 6 targets and 4 carries sounds about right. Because of his past, his attitude, local popularity and history with Urbs, I think he'll be given more opportunity than the average sign-on.

I think if Urb is smart, he'll give Tebow a lot of playing time, because it will be controversial if he cuts him, and it'll be controversial if he keeps him.  So if I were Urb, I would want all the evidence out there, for everyone to see why I made that decision.

I think TRM was pretty much dead on with this post.. Tebow played 16 snaps and worked his way off the team.. Urban trotted him out there and let him show everyone what he had.. It wasn't much so there ends the controversy..

(08-17-2021, 10:37 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(08-14-2021, 10:18 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: I bet he stays because of Urban

Time to go back and look at some jackass posts..

This was a cute one..

Oh no, it hurts, hurts so bad :'(
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(08-17-2021, 10:47 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(08-17-2021, 10:37 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Time to go back and look at some jackass posts..

This was a cute one..

I know you're being sarcastic, but that's ok, being stupid isn't supposed to hurt..

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2021, 10:58 AM by iHaunting Raven. Edited 2 times in total.)

(08-17-2021, 10:48 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(08-17-2021, 10:47 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Oh no, it hurts, hurts so bad :'(

I know you're being sarcastic, but that's ok, being stupid isn't supposed to hurt..

I can tell you are still butthurt about some posts hahaha, cute  Love

(08-17-2021, 10:47 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(08-17-2021, 10:37 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Time to go back and look at some jackass posts..

This was a cute one..

Especially since it is now OBVIOUS that the only reason he got a chance was because of Urban (even though we had people saying Urban had nothing to do with it because he wasn't even present at the tryout hahahha I wonder who were those people, I don't care enough to go look but I remember one of them lol)
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(08-17-2021, 10:21 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(08-17-2021, 10:13 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: His primary source of income is speaking engagements in our area.

Trevor Lawrence threatened his dominance in the area so he called in a favor to get his name out there again.

Huge prolific success on that count. Hooray to him. He's gonna have speaking engagements that pay him 6 figures for the next two years because of his most recent failure. Good on him. Seriously. I'm a capitalist. But it doesn't make him a GOOD person.

Speaking engagements don't make him a good person. But he CAN do speaking engagements and not be a bad person. I don't know him personally and I'd bet you don't either, so what's with the hate and bitterness?

Ever hear the phrase "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction?"

That's the way it is for me.

I do not know Tebow personally.  Just about everything I have heard about him, if true, is admirable, if not great.

For his adherence to his faith and actually acting consistently with it is commendable, and he was a great college football player.

But for me, his popularity was always absurdly disproportionate to his college accomplishments and NFL potential.

People credit him with winning two college national championships as a QB.  That is patently false.  Chris Leak was the starting QB when the Gators won their first National title in the Meyer era.  Tebow was a short yardage back.  But even then, the Tebow cult was starting to fully bloom.  Tebow had a great college career on its own merits.  There was no need to exaggerate or artificially inflate it by crediting him with a title won when he wasn't the starting QB.

Then there was the insistence by Tebow fans that the Jaguars take him  There was the tantrum and exodus to Denver when we didn't.

They dressed in Broncos gear in our stadium because of him.

When Denver was done with him. fans put the banner across I-95 advocating we sign him.

Fans petitioned the president to force the Jaguars to sign him.

Fans wore sandwich boards urging the Jaguars to sign him.

Media talking heads, both local and national, did their best to shove him down our throats.

This dynamic didn't start with Tebow.

Chris Doering got the two minute standing ovation for a two yard catch in a preseason game.

There was the whole Danny Wuerffel obsession that even exasperated Mel Kiper.

There was the Gatorskins thing with Spurrier.

There are a sizeable number of fans from other college teams in the area like Georgia, Florida State and Alabama.  Absolutely NONE of those fans have gone anywhere close to the extremes cited above to push for their guys.  They have had perspective.  I've never had a fan from any of those schools tell me they would be willing to buy season tickets to watch a guy sit on the bench like I have heard from some UF fans. 

It's not an anti Gator thing.  I was fine with the drafting of Fred Taylor, Mike Pearson, Reggie Nelson, Bobby McCray and even the DE that flamed out for us.  I was open to 
Vernon Hargraves under the right circumstances back in 2016.  I liked Mike Peterson.

When I opposed the CJ Henderson selection, it had nothing to do with his talent or UF credentials.  It had everything to do with giving Minshew all the tools necessary to succeed to see if he was the long term answer to the QB position.  If not, then the next QB would be in a better position to succeed than his predecessor.

But even a decade after Tebow's career as a QB fizzled out and his numbers are well established, you still have people pushing bizarre conspiracy theories like NFL legend John Elway somehow being envious of Tebow.

If you are a Tebow fan and you want to know why there is so much antipathy toward him...THAT's why...at least from my perspective.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(08-17-2021, 10:58 AM)Bullseye Wrote:

Ever hear the phrase "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction?"

I do not know Tebow personally.  Just about everything I have heard about him, if true, is admirable, if not great.

For his adherence to his faith and actually acting consistently with it is commendable, and he was a great college football player.

But for me, his popularity was always absurdly disproportionate to his college accomplishments and NFL potential.

People credit him with winning two college national championships as a QB.  That is patently false.  Chris Leak was the starting QB when the Gators won their first National title in the Meyer era.  Tebow was a short yardage back.  But even then, the Tebow cult was starting to fully bloom.  Tebow had a great college career on its own merits.  There was no need to exaggerate or artificially inflate it by crediting him with a title won when he wasn't the starting QB.

Then there was the insistence by Tebow fans that the Jaguars take him  There was the tantrum and exodus to Denver when we didn't.

When Denver was done with him. fans put the banner across I-95 advocating we sign him.

Media talking heads, both local and national, did their best to shove him down our throats.

Chris Doering got the two minute standing ovation for a two yard catch in a preseason game.

There are a sizeable number of fans from other college teams in the area like Georgia, Florida State and Alabama.  Absolutely NONE of those fans have gone anywhere close to the extremes cited above to push for their guys.  They have had perspective.  I've never had a fan from any of those schools tell me they would be willing to buy season tickets to watch a guy sit on the bench like I have heard from some UF fans. 

It's not an anti Gator thing.  I was fine with the drafting of Fred Taylor, Mike Pearson, Reggie Nelson, Bobby McCray and even the DE that flamed out for us.  I was open to 
Vernon Hargraves under the right circumstances back in 2016.  I liked Mike Peterson.

When I opposed the CJ Henderson selection, it had nothing to do with his talent or UF credentials.  It had everything to do with giving Minshew all the tools necessary to succeed to see if he was the long term answer to the QB position.  If not, then the next QB would be in a better position to succeed than his predecessor.

But even a decade after Tebow's career as a QB fizzled out and his numbers are well established, you still have people pushing bizarre conspiracy theories like NFL legend John Elway somehow being envious of Tebow.

If you are a Tebow fan and you want to know why there is so much antipathy toward him...THAT's why...at least from my perspective.

So if I read you right, you're saying the hate and bitterness directed his way aren't really targeted at him personally, they are targeted at the cult of Tebow with Tebow serving as proxy. I get that I guess. I agree the following the guy had/has never really made much sense. It was bizarre and at time ludicrous because it never matched what he was doing on the field.

For me though, it never translated to personal animus and it seems misdirected. Anyway, the cult should go the way of Tebow's career now and we won't have to deal with that particular distraction any longer.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(08-17-2021, 10:04 AM)anonymous2112 Wrote: Unlike us, he will be consoled by his Miss Universe wife tonight.

Good on him for giving it a shot, good on the Jags for granting it. So where are the Tebow folks now in the stages of grief? Are we finally to "acceptance"?

Acceptance occurred years ago -- I still enjoy following the guy's exploits. I was skeptical (way back when) when his critics said "You should have switched to tight end." Because I think that is a very difficult proposition -- playing TE at the NFL is incredibly difficult. I think he was right (back then) to take his shot as a quarterback and play it out to the end, and not assume a position switch would be successful.

I commend him for trying -- real life is more like the way Tebow does it. You have to try without fear of failure, and see what works. I thought his only role would be gadget guy -- the blocking alone is just not in his skill set.

I thought this would be a good place to get news and updates. I knew there would be some people rooting for his failure (there have always been those). I must say, it was even more negative here than I was expecting -- I'm not a big fan of the character and attitude that many of you have displayed. But I don't think the general public and the general Jags fandom is oriented that way. I think they don't blame a guy for trying and appreciate that he gave 100% to the end.

The overall message I've heard 1,000 times over the years is "I don't hate Tebow. I just hate his fans." Well, that's me you hate. Those of you that feel that way, just rest easy in the notion that that message has been received loud and clear over the years. You hate me. Got it. I don't hate you. But I must confess, the thought of being like you, what it must be like to even summon that kind of feeling, makes me sad.

To those of you who don't feel that way, but you're just not a fan of Tebow -- we see you. That's the way most people are -- no vitriol either way. I choose to look for the best in people or a group of people. I appreciate your input and that we got to interact along the way and get to know each other a little bit, even if it is just the internetz.

There were a LOT of Tebow jerseys in that stadium last Saturday night.

(08-17-2021, 10:51 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(08-17-2021, 10:48 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: I know you're being sarcastic, but that's ok, being stupid isn't supposed to hurt..

I can tell you are still butthurt about some posts hahaha, cute  Love

(08-17-2021, 10:47 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Oh no, it hurts, hurts so bad :'(

Especially since it is now OBVIOUS that the only reason he got a chance was because of Urban (even though we had people saying Urban had nothing to do with it because he wasn't even present at the tryout hahahha I wonder who were those people, I don't care enough to go look but I remember one of them lol)

Tebow got his shot, he blew it.. Nothing wrong with giving someone a shot. Everyone except for a few, knew that he wouldn't make the final cut.. Don't worry, it's not just you who showed their stupidity and said Tebow was going to stick around because of Urbs. I bet they don't own up to their jackass posts either. True to their nature, all hate, no logic.. Enjoy your day..

125 pages! For a guy who got waived in the cut to 85! That's a record that will stand forever.

(08-17-2021, 11:10 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(08-17-2021, 10:58 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Ever hear the phrase "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction?"

So if I read you right, you're saying the hate and bitterness directed his way aren't really targeted at him personally, they are targeted at the cult of Tebow with Tebow serving as proxy. I get that I guess. I agree the following the guy had/has never really made much sense. It was bizarre and at time ludicrous because it never matched what he was doing on the field.

For me though, it never translated to personal animus and it seems misdirected. Anyway, the cult should go the way of Tebow's career now and we won't have to deal with that particular distraction any longer.

When your kin are part of the Cult it makes it a difference. For more than 10 years it's been all of those things that Bullseye mentions, and it's going to continue now that he's been cut because he didn't get the full training camp and preseason to show his greatness.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-17-2021, 11:14 AM)Race Bannon Wrote:
(08-17-2021, 10:04 AM)anonymous2112 Wrote: Unlike us, he will be consoled by his Miss Universe wife tonight.

Good on him for giving it a shot, good on the Jags for granting it.  So where are the Tebow folks now in the stages of grief?  Are we finally to "acceptance"?

Acceptance occurred years ago -- I still enjoy following the guy's exploits.  I was skeptical (way back when) when his critics said "You should have switched to tight end."  Because I think that is a very difficult proposition -- playing TE at the NFL is incredibly difficult.  I think he was right (back then) to take his shot as a quarterback and play it out to the end, and not assume a position switch would be successful. 

I commend him for trying -- real life is more like the way Tebow does it.  You have to try without fear of failure, and see what works.  I thought his only role would be gadget guy -- the blocking alone is just not in his skill set. 

I thought this would be a good place to get news and updates.  I knew there would be some people rooting for his failure (there have always been those).  I must say, it was even more negative here than I was expecting -- I'm not a big fan of the character and attitude that many of you have displayed.  But I don't think the general public and the general Jags fandom is oriented that way.  I think they don't blame a guy for trying and appreciate that he gave 100% to the end. 

The overall message I've heard 1,000 times over the years is "I don't hate Tebow.  I just hate his fans."  Well, that's me you hate.  Those of you that feel that way, just rest easy in the notion that that message has been received loud and clear over  the years.  You hate me.  Got it.  I don't hate you.  But I must confess, the thought of being like you, what it must be like to even summon that kind of feeling, makes me sad. 

To those of you who don't feel that way, but you're just not a fan of Tebow -- we see you.  That's the way most people are -- no vitriol either way.  I choose to look for the best in people or a group of people.  I appreciate your input and that we got to interact along the way and get to know each other a little bit, even if it is just the internetz.
Was this a goodbye message?

(08-17-2021, 11:19 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-17-2021, 11:10 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: So if I read you right, you're saying the hate and bitterness directed his way aren't really targeted at him personally, they are targeted at the cult of Tebow with Tebow serving as proxy. I get that I guess. I agree the following the guy had/has never really made much sense. It was bizarre and at time ludicrous because it never matched what he was doing on the field.

When your kin are part of the Cult it makes it a difference. For more than 10 years it's been all of those things that Bullseye mentions, and it's going to continue now that he's been cut because he didn't get the full training camp and preseason to show his greatness.

Please.. don't provide them with anymore excuses..

(08-17-2021, 11:15 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(08-17-2021, 10:51 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: I can tell you are still butthurt about some posts hahaha, cute  Love

Tebow got his shot, he blew it.. Nothing wrong with giving someone a shot. Everyone except for a few, knew that he wouldn't make the final cut.. Don't worry, it's not just you who showed their stupidity and said Tebow was going to stick around because of Urbs. I bet they don't own up to their jackass posts either. True to their nature, all hate, no logic.. Enjoy your day..

Hahaha dude you gotta work on hiding that anger.

I didn't do anything you did it to yourself for believing silly stuff that it was OBVIOUS it was a lie. Not my fault you are not as smart as you think you are  Laughing