Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Christian Kirk, Jags newest WR

(11-10-2022, 03:24 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote: I don't wanna go back and check what people predicted but if he can reach that I'll be happy.

Maybe he isn't worth the contract but it's also not terrible. We have to overpay to get good players.

I agree. It will always be like that here in Jax.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

it also didnt help we had our worst games in the Den and Hou game which also were all WRs worst games. but i'd like to see Kirk stay in that 6-7 Rec. and 60-90 Yards per game. more is better but i'd like to see at least those numbers from him.

close to 600 yards and 5 tds, at this point in the season that's some solid numbers.

(03-14-2022, 07:00 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I see the same people praising this signing who didn't want Amari Cooper at 20m/year. Kirk is leagues below Cooper and we're giving him 18/year lol. Some of our fans on this board are literally brain dead.

(11-10-2022, 12:47 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: close to 600 yards and 5 tds, at this point in the season that's some solid numbers.

Amari Cooper  - 553 yards - 5 TDs
Christian Kirk - 574 yards - 5 TDs 

Looks like you are one of those brain dead fans you were referring to.

(This post was last modified: 11-10-2022, 01:12 PM by ChrisJagBoy. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-10-2022, 12:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-14-2022, 07:00 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I see the same people praising this signing who didn't want Amari Cooper at 20m/year. Kirk is leagues below Cooper and we're giving him 18/year lol. Some of our fans on this board are literally brain dead.

(11-10-2022, 12:47 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: close to 600 yards and 5 tds, at this point in the season that's some solid numbers.

Amari Cooper  - 553 yards - 5 TDs

So you're telling me Lawrence and Jacoby Brisset are =? or what.

I mean cooper literally has all but 2 of roasted Briskets TDs...

(11-10-2022, 01:10 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(11-10-2022, 12:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Amari Cooper  - 553 yards - 5 TDs

So you're telling me Lawrence and Jacoby Brisset are =? or what.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

You literally spent the past year telling anyone who would listen that Lawrence was the worst QB in the league and there was no hope for him!! 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! 

Now you want to prop him up???

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

(11-10-2022, 01:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-10-2022, 01:10 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: So you're telling me Lawrence and Jacoby Brisset are =? or what.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

You literally spent the past year telling anyone who would listen that Lawrence was the worst QB in the league and there was no hope for him!! 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Above Jacoby Brisset? Absolutely. We know what he is 100% hes been in the league for awhile. Not sure what you're getting at. And again, i'm Chris, not jaguarmvp. I have said nothing of the sort. My initial argument was against him being a "generational talent" and that he had flaws. Not that he was a bottom rung backup.

(11-10-2022, 01:15 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(11-10-2022, 01:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Above Jacoby Brisset? Absolutely. We know what he is 100% hes been in the league for awhile. Not sure what you're getting at. And again, i'm Chris, not jaguarmvp. I have said nothing of the sort. My initial argument was against him being a "generational talent" and that he had flaws. Not that he was a bottom rung backup.

LOL

I've quoted your posts a dozen times that say the opposite of what you are claiming you've said right now. 
You can try to squirm out of your own statements all you want, but we both know you said it.

(This post was last modified: 11-10-2022, 01:20 PM by ChrisJagBoy. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-10-2022, 01:18 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-10-2022, 01:15 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Above Jacoby Brisset? Absolutely. We know what he is 100% hes been in the league for awhile. Not sure what you're getting at. And again, i'm Chris, not jaguarmvp. I have said nothing of the sort. My initial argument was against him being a "generational talent" and that he had flaws. Not that he was a bottom rung backup.

LOL

I've quoted your posts a dozen times that say the opposite of what you are claiming you've said right now. 
You can try to squirm out of your own statements all you want, but we both know you said it.

From my "Crow feasting thread" prior to the season. 

(04-11-2022, 04:54 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(04-11-2022, 11:39 AM)cland Wrote: Make it simple ChrisJagBoy (or anyone else,) fill this out with your expected 2022 stats and take the over or under:

Trevor Lawrence ? pass comp. % ? yards ? TDs ? INTs ? QB rating (trad.)

Win: no crow
Lose: crow

Okay, I would expect something like this. 

Comp 61% 4000 yards, 22 TDs, 15 INTs <-- Obvious improvement from year one, but still far from a good season for a supposed elite QB talent.

What i'm expecting is some improvement, but still an overall bad season. I would likely have said closer to the 3800 range in yards without the added 17th game. If it's worse than this i'll be worried, if it's significantly better than this (something like 2-3 less ints, 3-5 more tds) I'll be optimistic more so than I've ever been about Trevor.

Sound about right don't it?

From: https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...pid1461138

(11-10-2022, 01:19 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(11-10-2022, 01:18 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: LOL

From my "Crow feasting thread" prior to the season. 

(04-11-2022, 04:54 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Okay, I would expect something like this. 

Comp 61% 4000 yards, 22 TDs, 15 INTs <-- Obvious improvement from year one, but still far from a good season for a supposed elite QB talent.

What i'm expecting is some improvement, but still an overall bad season. I would likely have said closer to the 3800 range in yards without the added 17th game. If it's worse than this i'll be worried, if it's significantly better than this (something like 2-3 less ints, 3-5 more tds) I'll be optimistic more so than I've ever been about Trevor.

Oh sure, I recall your special little thread created to backpedal on the several months of Lawrence bashing you littered the board with. 

Congratulations on completely contradicting yourself in that thread and this one, I guess. 

Great job.

(11-10-2022, 01:23 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-10-2022, 01:19 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: From my "Crow feasting thread" prior to the season. 

Oh sure, I recall your special little thread created to backpedal on the several months of Lawrence bashing you littered the board with. 

Congratulations on completely contradicting yourself in that thread and this one, I guess. 

Great job.

Can you tell me what I backpedaled? Can you show me when I ever said he would NEVER be good? Saying he played poorly his rookie season isn't an opinion it's a fact. It also isn't me claiming he's a bust. The only thing I've ever done was point out his issues, I don't see why you get such a hate hard on for that.

(11-10-2022, 08:51 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(11-10-2022, 03:24 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote: I don't wanna go back and check what people predicted but if he can reach that I'll be happy.

Maybe he isn't worth the contract but it's also not terrible. We have to overpay to get good players.

I agree. It will always be like that here in Jax.

Well it is all about the rep of the franchise. If the Jags can ever build a culture of sustained winning, that and living in Florida will be a draw.

But everyone overpays for quality FAs. It's the nature of the business.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(11-10-2022, 01:30 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(11-10-2022, 01:23 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Oh sure, I recall your special little thread created to backpedal on the several months of Lawrence bashing you littered the board with. 

Great job.

Can you tell me what I backpedaled? Can you show me when I ever said he would NEVER be good? Saying he played poorly his rookie season isn't an opinion it's a fact. It also isn't me claiming he's a bust. The only thing I've ever done was point out his issues, I don't see why you get such a hate hard on for that.
We've been through this. 
You can pretend like you didn't repeatedly bash Lawrence and blame him for things that weren't his doing - but you did. I'm not going to dig it all up for you for the umpteenth time because of your latest attempt at convenient amnesia. You remember it. 

I will you tell you that repeatedly insulting the entire message board and the entire fanbase in several game threads each time Trevor threw a bad pass last year is why you aren't receiving reprieve from me. 

Not only were you spectacularly wrong, you insulted everyone who methodically pointed out the many flaws in your analysis. 

We had to endure your horse [BLEEP]. You'll have to endure mine now.

(11-10-2022, 01:52 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-10-2022, 01:30 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Can you tell me what I backpedaled? Can you show me when I ever said he would NEVER be good? Saying he played poorly his rookie season isn't an opinion it's a fact. It also isn't me claiming he's a bust. The only thing I've ever done was point out his issues, I don't see why you get such a hate hard on for that.
We've been through this. 
You can pretend like you didn't repeatedly bash Lawrence and blame him for things that weren't his doing - but you did. I'm not going to dig it all up for you for the umpteenth time because of your latest attempt at convenient amnesia. You remember it. 

I will you tell you that repeatedly insulting the entire message board and the entire fanbase in several game threads each time Trevor threw a bad pass last year is why you aren't receiving reprieve from me. 

Not only were you spectacularly wrong, you insulted everyone who methodically pointed out the many flaws in your analysis. 

I haven't insulted anybody, and pointing out an inaccurate pass isn't pushing blame from anyone else.

(11-10-2022, 01:59 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(11-10-2022, 01:52 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: We've been through this. 

I haven't insulted anybody, and pointing out an inaccurate pass isn't pushing blame from anyone else.

Please stop making me do this over and over again

This post is a an accurate reflection of the stance you took in many game day threads when Lawrence either made a mistake, or you attempted to blame him for something you perceived as his mistake

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...pid1437842

You did this crap repeatedly - you stirred the pot - enjoy the whirlpool.

(This post was last modified: 11-10-2022, 02:47 PM by ChrisJagBoy. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-10-2022, 02:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-10-2022, 01:59 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I haven't insulted anybody, and pointing out an inaccurate pass isn't pushing blame from anyone else.

Please stop making me do this over and over again

This post is a an accurate reflection of the stance you took in many game day threads when Lawrence either made a mistake, or you attempted to blame him for something you perceived as his mistake

This is the only post you ever cite when telling me of "my stance" this was again, a direct comment to a specific play where lawrence threw an interception. I did not call him trash, I called the play trash. 

How many times are you going to use this as a point? Look two comments prior to mine "okay that was a terrible pass", above that "Lawrence threw it right to him" "The suckage is real thats on trevor"

But you single me out and try to push a false narrative.

You are wrong, and you would rather ban me than admit it. So just stop talking.

All the post surrounding mine just to further prove that my comment was on the play and not the player

(01-02-2022, 02:59 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Wow. Why. Dont throw it there

(01-02-2022, 02:59 PM)Jags239 Wrote: That one can be put on Tlaw

(01-02-2022, 02:59 PM)TheBigDawg Wrote: That's on Lawrence

(01-02-2022, 03:00 PM)B-SMOOTH Wrote: what the [BLEEP]!?

(01-02-2022, 03:00 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Lawrence threw it right too him. Horrible

(01-02-2022, 03:00 PM)Newton Wrote: Okay that was a terrible throw. I can’t defend that one.

(01-02-2022, 03:00 PM)Preach Wrote: Welp

(01-02-2022, 03:01 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Bad throw and bad decision

(11-10-2022, 02:46 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(11-10-2022, 02:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Please stop making me do this over and over again

This is the only post you ever cite when telling me of "my stance" this was again, a direct comment to a specific play where lawrence threw an interception. I did not call him trash, I called the play trash. 

How many times are you going to use this as a point? Look two comments prior to mine "okay that was a terrible pass", above that "Lawrence threw it right to him" "The suckage is real thats on trevor"

All the post surrounding mine just to further prove that my comment was on the play and not the player

(01-02-2022, 02:59 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Wow. Why. Dont throw it there

(01-02-2022, 02:59 PM)Jags239 Wrote: That one can be put on Tlaw

(01-02-2022, 02:59 PM)TheBigDawg Wrote: That's on Lawrence

(01-02-2022, 03:00 PM)B-SMOOTH Wrote: what the [BLEEP]!?

(01-02-2022, 03:00 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Lawrence threw it right too him. Horrible

(01-02-2022, 03:00 PM)Newton Wrote: Okay that was a terrible throw. I can’t defend that one.

(01-02-2022, 03:00 PM)Preach Wrote: Welp

(01-02-2022, 03:01 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Bad throw and bad decision
Umm he might be referring to this:

"Wheres the T law nut huggers at to defend that trash."

(This post was last modified: 11-10-2022, 02:54 PM by ChrisJagBoy. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-10-2022, 02:49 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-10-2022, 02:46 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: This is the only post you ever cite when telling me of "my stance" this was again, a direct comment to a specific play where lawrence threw an interception. I did not call him trash, I called the play trash. 

Umm he might be referring to this:

Yes, I said where are the t law nut huggers to defense this trash. 

As in, where are the apologist to defend that throw.

I fail to see where i'm calling him a bust by trashing a terrible throw.

(11-10-2022, 01:59 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(11-10-2022, 01:52 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: We've been through this. 

(11-10-2022, 02:51 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(11-10-2022, 02:49 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Umm he might be referring to this:

Yes, I said where are the t law nut huggers to defense this trash. 

Some people might argue calling people nut huggers is an insult. Perhaps you feel differently... Might explain a thing or two actually.

(This post was last modified: 11-10-2022, 03:07 PM by ChrisJagBoy. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-10-2022, 03:02 PM)ClemsonRob Wrote:
(11-10-2022, 01:59 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I haven't insulted anybody, and pointing out an inaccurate pass isn't pushing blame from anyone else.

(11-10-2022, 02:51 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Yes, I said where are the t law nut huggers to defense this trash. 

Some people might argue calling people nut huggers is an insult. Perhaps you feel differently... Might explain a thing or two actually.

Maybe, but the main point was him telling me i'm "back pedaling" because I supposidly said Lawrence can't ever be good and then he cites a post where I am calling a specific throw trash and tries to pass it off as me saying Lawrence is trash. And if calling somebody an apologist essentially is so insulting, why don't they ban themselves when they call me a dumb [BLEEP]? Seems hypocritical, kind of like how every single time I have any sort of argument with NYC he puts a warning on my account. He put one on me for "inappropriate content" in this thread prior to any talk of nut hugging. Curious what I said that was inappropriate.

He sits and complains that I talk negatively towards Trevor constantly but when I make a comment on a thread about Christian Kirk he's the one who brings any of it up. Wild.