Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Christian Kirk, Jags newest WR

(11-17-2022, 07:04 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(11-17-2022, 06:20 PM)Caldrac Wrote: The best part about Kirk's numbers too is that none of it's "garbage" time statistics. We've been in every game this year. So, the fact that he's able to get open and come up in certain moments is a nice change of scenery here in Jacksonville. We haven't had that in years.

Ya know? As demoralizing as that Kirk catch could have been against KC, it could also have been completely demoralizing for Kirk as well, but he didn't let it happen. It could also make him work harder to keep those plays from happening again.

Usually our WR's will make a boneheaded play early and keep that same tempo going throughout the rest of the game. But this was different and has been so far this year.

Really liking this Kirk guy, but the Jags also need to build onto him and the rest of the receivers.

Never settle..
Yep. Johnston, Demus, Perry or Hyatt. Need to land one of them.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Everyone talks about Pickens. Watson is the WR we should of took if we got a WR

(11-17-2022, 09:55 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Everyone talks about Pickens.  Watson is the WR we should of took if we got a WR
Been waiting 10 weeks for that one huh?

(11-17-2022, 10:21 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-17-2022, 09:55 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Everyone talks about Pickens.  Watson is the WR we should of took if we got a WR
Been waiting 10 weeks for that one huh?

I know youre not a fan but it was just a matter of time

I often hear people mention how this team could have really used Pickens.  However, through 10 games, Zay Jones has more receiving yards than Pickens.

(11-18-2022, 10:18 AM)TheDuke007 Wrote:

I often hear people mention how this team could have really used Pickens.  However, through 10 games, Zay Jones has more receiving yards than Pickens.

A huge part of that is who's at QB.  I love Zay and he's always open but Pickens is far more physically gifted.

Yeah.  I wanted him, too.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Zay Jones has put up the same type of production as Pickens and we didn’t spend a draft pick on him.

Jones - 47 417 1

Pickens - 29 370 1

And Jones is moving the chains on 3rd down more.

(11-18-2022, 10:18 AM)TheDuke007 Wrote:

If you think Zay and Pickens are even close to the same receiver…..

(11-18-2022, 05:43 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-18-2022, 10:18 AM)TheDuke007 Wrote: I often hear people mention how this team could have really used Pickens.  However, through 10 games, Zay Jones has more receiving yards than Pickens.
If you think Zay and Pickens are even close to the same receiver…..

I agree. It's kind of an apples and oranges situation. Zay Jones is 6 years older

(11-18-2022, 05:28 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Zay Jones has put up the same type of production as Pickens and we didn’t spend a draft pick on him.

Jones - 47 417 1

Pickens - 29 370 1

And Jones is moving the chains on 3rd down more.

As someone who is still extremely salty that we passed on Metcalf twice, I'm also pissed we passed on Pickens. His stats this year mean nothing, he is a better player than Zay Jones and it's not close. He will be a beast soon, i'd bet money on it.

(11-18-2022, 08:42 PM)Jagsman Wrote:
(11-18-2022, 05:43 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: If you think Zay and Pickens are even close to the same receiver…..

I agree. It's kind of an apples and oranges situation. Zay Jones is 6 years older
It’s just lazy to make that comp based on stats alone.

Pickens is running wide open on 2nd level routes and deep routes but neither Pickett or Trubisky can get him the ball. 

Trevor and Pickens would be PERFECT for each other. It’s the reason I wanted him in Jacksonville. This team would have been better off with Pickens and Muma rather than Lloyd and Muma.

Probably so, but now we have Lloyd, Muma, and Ridley (next season). Hopefully they will leave the draft with another big time WR for 2023.

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2022, 10:23 PM by Caldrac.)

(11-18-2022, 10:10 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-18-2022, 08:42 PM)Jagsman Wrote: I agree. It's kind of an apples and oranges situation. Zay Jones is 6 years older
It’s just lazy to make that comp based on stats alone.

Pickens is running wide open on 2nd level routes and deep routes but neither Pickett or Trubisky can get him the ball. 

Trevor and Pickens would be PERFECT for each other. It’s the reason I wanted him in Jacksonville. This team would have been better off with Pickens and Muma rather than Lloyd and Muma.
You have a fair point.

(11-18-2022, 10:17 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Probably so, but now we have Lloyd, Muma, and Ridley (next season). Hopefully they will leave the draft with another big time WR for 2023.
They have to. I think they'll go with Jalen Carter or the top offensive lineman on the opening night but if they have a chance to take Demus, Perry or Hyatt on day two they have to do it.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-18-2022, 10:22 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(11-18-2022, 10:10 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: It’s just lazy to make that comp based on stats alone.

You have a fair point.

(11-18-2022, 10:17 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Probably so, but now we have Lloyd, Muma, and Ridley (next season). Hopefully they will leave the draft with another big time WR for 2023.
They have to. I think they'll go with Jalen Carter or the top offensive lineman on the opening night but if they have a chance to take Demus, Perry or Hyatt on day two they have to do it.

I’d also be happy with Rashee Rice on day 2 if we go in a non-WR direction in the first round.

(11-18-2022, 10:22 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(11-18-2022, 10:10 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: It’s just lazy to make that comp based on stats alone.

You have a fair point.

Lol, Hyatt won't be there day 2.  It's highly unlikely he will be there with our 2nd round pick although it's not uncommon for really good WRs to fall out of the first.  I think he goes in the first though

Dougy P dapped up with Kirk after he made that catch. I love Coach P.

(12-19-2022, 06:23 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Dougy P dapped up with Kirk after he made that catch. I love Coach P.

Actually I believe that was Mike Mccoy. lol