Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Hutch vs Walker (merged)

(04-19-2022, 10:46 AM)Khan Artist Wrote:
(04-19-2022, 10:35 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: I don't want a WR #1.

At all.

But the rest of the class is GARBAGE.

Aidan is a nothing. Walker is a literal nothing.

They suck and they will suck at the next level.

It's the 2012 draft. Everyone sucks.

Hottest takes around.

If the Jags stay at 1 and don't take Hutchinson they're going to regret it.

I do not understand Walker being mocked to us at all.

This. Unfortunately.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2022, 11:33 AM by TrivialPursuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-19-2022, 11:27 AM)Newton Wrote:
(04-19-2022, 10:46 AM)Khan Artist Wrote: Hottest takes around.

This. Unfortunately.

And he won't even be as "good" as Derrick Harvey.

He's going to flat out suck against real competition.

He has no bend, at all. His body is stiff, his moves are slow... he's not going to win against LTs in the NFL. He's just not. Coverage sacks aplenty for him though.

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2022, 10:01 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-20-2022, 09:43 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/E_Dilla/status/15167...IE8cCpBZFw

I'm sure you could say this about all 32 teams lol. There isn't any denying the potential. Water is wet

(04-20-2022, 09:59 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-20-2022, 09:43 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/E_Dilla/status/15167...IE8cCpBZFw

I'm sure you could say this about all 32 teams lol. There isn't any denying the potential.  Water is wet
Sure.

But when the chatter surrounds the team with the #1 pick this close to the draft, it's a little telling. Who cares if the Chiefs love the potential of Walker, they have no shot at drafting him.

There is nothing in the history of this front office that gives me faith in them going against a more obvious pick in the name of potential. It has been a long time since a pick like that worked out for us. You know there are certain close to can’t miss prospects (nothing is certain). Pick 1 is not the time to gamble on potential in my mind.

Travon Walker is K'Lavon Chaisson 2.0 if we draft him. The only difference is that Walker could be a very good player in a 4-3 scheme. That's just not what we run though.

(04-20-2022, 10:26 AM)Newton Wrote: There is nothing in the history of this front office that gives me faith in them going against a more obvious pick in the name of potential. It has been a long time since a pick like that worked out for us. You know there are certain close to can’t miss prospects (nothing is certain). Pick 1 is not the time to gamble on potential in my mind.

The thing for me is Hutch's potential is just as high

[Image: FQyuffLX0AAc7Jf?format=jpg&name=medium]

(04-20-2022, 10:32 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Travon Walker is K'Lavon Chaisson 2.0 if we draft him. The only difference is that Walker could be a very good player in a 4-3 scheme. That's just not what we run though.

Yet we’re in nickel 60% of the time. 4-2-5. I wonder where he would line up, then?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

The one thing that gives me some hope about Walker (though I still think it would be a mistake) is that the other players seem to want him (MJD, Griffen). However, obviously who knows how much tape they really watch on these guys.

For what ever it’s worth

https://twitter.com/thorku/status/151682...QnJ4a2vcwg

(04-20-2022, 01:47 PM)Craigukjag Wrote: For what ever it’s worth

https://twitter.com/thorku/status/151682...QnJ4a2vcwg

Glad to see some rumors pointing that way at least.

Here's why:

They want clicks.

You know what gets clicks? Controversy!

It's why last year everyone was like "COULD THE JAGUARS TAKE ZACH WILSON?" when Trevor Lawrence was to the Jags what Harry Potter was to Hogwarts. They had his name down since he was born. Sure he's too young to take on Voldemort (the Titans), but one day we can hope he will lead us out of these dark times we're in. "But no! It COULD be Neville/Zach Wilson!" wrote Rita Skeeter of the Daily Prophet.

There's not much to get excited over in this draft. So they have to say something to justify their pay. If they're right, and Trayvon Walker goes on to be great, they can say "Look what we said way back when boys!" and if they're wrong, nobody will remember.
I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2022, 02:59 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(04-20-2022, 01:00 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(04-20-2022, 10:32 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Travon Walker is K'Lavon Chaisson 2.0 if we draft him. The only difference is that Walker could be a very good player in a 4-3 scheme. That's just not what we run though.

Yet we’re in nickel 60% of the time. 4-2-5. I wonder where he would line up, then?

That's not enough for me to justify drafting Walker #1 overall. Hutchinson has the versatility and experience to play in a 3-4 or when we are in a nickel scheme. He's just too perfect a fit.

(04-20-2022, 02:19 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote:

Here's why:

They want clicks.

You know what gets clicks? Controversy!

It's why last year everyone was like "COULD THE JAGUARS TAKE ZACH WILSON?" when Trevor Lawrence was to the Jags what Harry Potter was to Hogwarts. They had his name down since he was born. Sure he's too young to take on Voldemort (the Titans), but one day we can hope he will lead us out of these dark times we're in. "But no! It COULD be Neville/Zach Wilson!" wrote Rita Skeeter of the Daily Prophet.

There's not much to get excited over in this draft. So they have to say something to justify their pay. If they're right, and Trayvon Walker goes on to be great, they can say "Look what we said way back when boys!" and if they're wrong, nobody will remember.

That's exactly it.

I would be amazed if they don’t take Hutch. Walker is too much of a projection, and we don’t have the the option to miss on the 1st pick. It’s a complete no brainer.
The mock drafters just want clicks and buzz on their articles.

Saying that, Chris Simms almost sold me on Walker.

Prisco just gave us Walker on the CBS live draft show...

(04-20-2022, 04:08 PM)Upper Wrote: Prisco just gave us Walker on the CBS live draft show...
I still can’t peg if this is true smoke or not.

I’m a little torn. On one hand, I get it because Walker may have the most upside of any player in this draft. His measurements are exactly the time of player Baalke likes.

On the other, there were rumors the Jags essentially chose Hutch right after the draft. What’s changed?

(04-20-2022, 04:40 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-20-2022, 04:08 PM)Upper Wrote: Prisco just gave us Walker on the CBS live draft show...
I still can’t peg if this is true smoke or not.

I’m a little torn. On one hand, I get it because Walker may have the most upside of any player in this draft. His measurements are exactly the time of player Baalke likes.

On the other, there were rumors the Jags essentially chose Hutch right after the draft. What’s changed?

I think it's all speculation because of his past and how he drafted in the passed.  I dont think Baalke has told anyone who he likes at the top.  On the Hunt Baalke said" he's a guy that believes in the film, the film doesn't lie."  Said he takes the film over a good 40 time.  So the question is which player looks better on film?  The coaches will also get input on who they like better.  I think it will be a collective group on making the pick with Baalke, Doug, and the coordinators.

https://twitter.com/e_dilla/status/15168...l_r7zcw6OA

And Pederson apparently wants Icky.