Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Presenting my 2017 Jaguars starters...

(08-19-2017, 05:15 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(08-19-2017, 03:30 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: I haven't seen it with Allen. He's thrown deep with success because of the game situation. Dede is eating defenses alive and Allen is just getting it within the zip code. His deep passes have been caught because Westbrook is getting so wide open, that's it. If Marrone is really opening things up and isn't seriously considering Allen after what we've seen from Bortles and all we know about Henne then that says a lot about the guy's true current level.

Allen's deep passes have been right on the money as far as deep passes go. They're certainly more accurate than Blake's ever has been, and this goes back to last year's Preseason when he kept throwing deep strikes. Allen can throw. I don't know what all of his issues are, but I'm convinced that any issues he does have are not related to his arm.

http://www.nfl.com/m/share?p=%2Fvideos%2...n=tw-share

That's all of Westbrook's receptions this week. Now the deep pass to an uncovered Westbrook that was high and outside, Dede barely caught it and stumbled out of bounds. With a good pass there, the kind you are convinced that Allen is always throwing, he'd be going to the end zone. On pretty much every pass there further than 10-15 yards deep it's either high or a very bad decision.

If you just want to see Allen in because you don't know what he is but know you don't like Henne and Bortles I can understand that, but let's not be delusional about the guy before hand. There's a reason he's never been ahead of even Henne on the depth chart.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Presenting your 2017 Jaguars starters... - by SeldomRite - 08-19-2017, 06:19 PM