Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Presenting my 2017 Jaguars starters...

Rookies are not bolded...

OFFENSE
  • QB Brandon Allen
  • RB Leonard Fournette
  • WR Allen Robinson
  • TE Marcedes "Grandpa" Lewis
  • LT Cam Robinson
  • LG Patrick Omameh
  • C Brandon Linder
  • RG AJ Cann
  • RT Jermey Parnell
  • WR Keelan Cole
  • slot WR Dede Westbrook
  • 2nd TE Michael Rivera
  • FB Marquez Williams
DEFENSE
  • DE Yannick Ngakou
  • DT Malik Jackson
  • DT Sheldon Day
  • DE Calais Campbell
  • CB Jalen Ramsey
  • WLB Telvin Smith
  • MLB Paul Posluzney
  • SLB/NLB Myles Jack
  • CB AJ Bouye
  • FS Tashaun Gipson
  • SS Barry Church
  • nickel CB Aaron Colvin
SPECIAL TEAMS
  • K not currently on roster
  • P Brad Nortman
  • LS Matt Overton

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think the "starter" at the other DT spot besides Malik has to be Jones, not Day. Simply because they more often list their base D as the starting unit. It would more likely be Abry Jones in base IMO.

I have no idea what happens at QB right now.

Rivera isn't healthy yet as far as I know.

I think that's probably the O-Line -- but man I hope we see something better from those guards. Yeesh. They have work to do.

You very well may be correct on the kicker.

So you think two rookies start over Lee and Hurns?

[/quote]

(08-19-2017, 12:09 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: So you think two rookies start over Lee and Hurns?

Ha. I didn't even notice that he listed those receivers.

He has a point as far as Lee not starting until week two or three, but Dede won't play the slot right away. They've worked him largely outside thus far. I don't think he's ready to play the slot. He could play opposite Robinson for Lee temporarily with Hurnsy in the slot though.

Cole is a guy you hope gets involved but he won't start, IMO.

Also the Brandon Allen stuff is ridiculous, he's looked okay throwing off target to wide open guys most of the time, and that last pass in the middle of the field to Dede would have been a game ending pick against starters.

(08-19-2017, 12:09 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: So you think two rookies start over Lee and Hurns?

Well this is more about who I would start than what will actually happen. Chances are they won't actually start a rookie over our $10 mil WR Allen Hurns, but quite frankly both Lee and Hurns have been ghosts this offseason.

The real depth chart at WR might look more like...

• WR1 (split end): ARob, Benn, Dede
  • WR2  (flanker): Lee, Hurns, Cole
  • WR3 (slot): Hurns, Dede

(08-19-2017, 12:18 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: Also the Brandon Allen stuff is ridiculous, he's looked okay throwing off target to wide open guys most of the time, and that last pass in the middle of the field to Dede would have been a game ending pick against starters.

Of the three QBs, you could make the argument that Allen has the best deep arm. Blake's deep passes are just so darn wobbly and lately have been wildly inaccurate. Henne can throw a deep strike, but we all know in games he's checking down instead. Allen is accustomed to often throwing deep, and at least in the preseason, he seems to handle himself in the pocket just fine. I'd at least like to see what he's got throwing to our starters.
'02

Abry Jones starts at NT.
Allen Hurns starts at WR2 until Mrquese Lee returns from injury.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

(08-19-2017, 03:03 PM)Jags02 Wrote:

Well this is more about who I would start than what will actually happen. Chances are they won't actually start a rookie over our $10 mil WR Allen Hurns, but quite frankly both Lee and Hurns have been ghosts this offseason.

(08-19-2017, 12:18 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: Also the Brandon Allen stuff is ridiculous, he's looked okay throwing off target to wide open guys most of the time, and that last pass in the middle of the field to Dede would have been a game ending pick against starters.

Of the three QBs, you could make the argument that Allen has the best deep arm. Blake's deep passes are just so darn wobbly and lately have been wildly inaccurate. Henne can throw a deep strike, but we all know in games he's checking down instead. Allen is accustomed to often throwing deep, and at least in the preseason, he seems to handle himself in the pocket just fine. I'd at least like to see what he's got throwing to our starters.

I haven't seen it with Allen. He's thrown deep with success because of the game situation. Dede is eating defenses alive and Allen is just getting it within the zip code. His deep passes have been caught because Westbrook is getting so wide open, that's it. If Marrone is really opening things up and isn't seriously considering Allen after what we've seen from Bortles and all we know about Henne then that says a lot about the guy's true current level.

(08-19-2017, 03:30 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(08-19-2017, 03:03 PM)Jags02 Wrote: Well this is more about who I would start than what will actually happen. Chances are they won't actually start a rookie over our $10 mil WR Allen Hurns, but quite frankly both Lee and Hurns have been ghosts this offseason.

I haven't seen it with Allen. He's thrown deep with success because of the game situation. Dede is eating defenses alive and Allen is just getting it within the zip code. His deep passes have been caught because Westbrook is getting so wide open, that's it. If Marrone is really opening things up and isn't seriously considering Allen after what we've seen from Bortles and all we know about Henne then that says a lot about the guy's true current level.

Allen's deep passes have been right on the money as far as deep passes go. They're certainly more accurate than Blake's ever has been, and this goes back to last year's Preseason when he kept throwing deep strikes. Allen can throw. I don't know what all of his issues are, but I'm convinced that any issues he does have are not related to his arm.
'02

I'd like to see Allen and Henne get time against the Panthers' 1's. Blake can play against the scrubs.

(This post was last modified: 08-19-2017, 05:51 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

I'd take Allen over Henne 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

(08-19-2017, 11:52 AM)Jags02 Wrote: Rookies are not bolded...

OFFENSE
  • QB Brandon Allen
  • RB Leonard Fournette
  • WR Allen Robinson
  • TE Marcedes "Grandpa" Lewis
  • LT Cam Robinson
  • LG Patrick Omameh
  • C Brandon Linder
  • RG AJ Cann
  • RT Jermey Parnell
  • WR Keelan Cole
  • slot WR Dede Westbrook
  • 2nd TE Michael Rivera
  • FB Marquez Williams
DEFENSE
  • DE Yannick Ngakou
  • DT Malik Jackson
  • DT Sheldon Day
  • DE Calais Campbell
  • CB Jalen Ramsey
  • WLB Telvin Smith
  • MLB Paul Posluzney
  • SLB/NLB Myles Jack
  • CB AJ Bouye
  • FS Tashaun Gipson
  • SS Barry Church
  • nickel CB Aaron Colvin
SPECIAL TEAMS
  • K not currently on roster
  • P Brad Nortman
  • LS Matt Overton

Personally, I like it, but I would switch out Marcedes Lewis for Koyack. At this point, Lewis is a subpar TE.

(08-19-2017, 05:15 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(08-19-2017, 03:30 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: I haven't seen it with Allen. He's thrown deep with success because of the game situation. Dede is eating defenses alive and Allen is just getting it within the zip code. His deep passes have been caught because Westbrook is getting so wide open, that's it. If Marrone is really opening things up and isn't seriously considering Allen after what we've seen from Bortles and all we know about Henne then that says a lot about the guy's true current level.

Allen's deep passes have been right on the money as far as deep passes go. They're certainly more accurate than Blake's ever has been, and this goes back to last year's Preseason when he kept throwing deep strikes. Allen can throw. I don't know what all of his issues are, but I'm convinced that any issues he does have are not related to his arm.

http://www.nfl.com/m/share?p=%2Fvideos%2...n=tw-share

That's all of Westbrook's receptions this week. Now the deep pass to an uncovered Westbrook that was high and outside, Dede barely caught it and stumbled out of bounds. With a good pass there, the kind you are convinced that Allen is always throwing, he'd be going to the end zone. On pretty much every pass there further than 10-15 yards deep it's either high or a very bad decision.

If you just want to see Allen in because you don't know what he is but know you don't like Henne and Bortles I can understand that, but let's not be delusional about the guy before hand. There's a reason he's never been ahead of even Henne on the depth chart.

(08-19-2017, 05:15 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(08-19-2017, 03:30 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: I haven't seen it with Allen. He's thrown deep with success because of the game situation. Dede is eating defenses alive and Allen is just getting it within the zip code. His deep passes have been caught because Westbrook is getting so wide open, that's it. If Marrone is really opening things up and isn't seriously considering Allen after what we've seen from Bortles and all we know about Henne then that says a lot about the guy's true current level.

Allen won't start Game 1 so I think your initial post would have been more logical had you stated the list was your Game 12 Starters.

(08-19-2017, 06:26 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(08-19-2017, 05:15 PM)Jags02 Wrote: Allen's deep passes have been right on the money as far as deep passes go. They're certainly more accurate than Blake's ever has been, and this goes back to last year's Preseason when he kept throwing deep strikes. Allen can throw. I don't know what all of his issues are, but I'm convinced that any issues he does have are not related to his arm.

Allen won't start Game 1 so I think your initial post would have been more logical had you stated the list was your Game 12 Starters.

I changed the name although I'm still not counting him out of possibly winning the start.
'02

(This post was last modified: 08-19-2017, 06:40 PM by JAXsonVIL.)

QB- Henne (short leash)
HB- Fournette
FB- Williams
WR- Robinson
WR- Lee
Slot- Hurns/Westbrook
TE- Lewis
LT- Robinson
LG- Bowanko
C- Linder
RG- Cann
RT- Parnell

LE- Campbell
DT- Jackson
NT- Jones
RE- Ngakoue
Sam- Jack
Mike- Poz
Will- Smith
CB- Ramsey
CB- Bouye
FS- Gipson
SS- Church

K- Myers
P- Nortman
LS- Overton

I'm going to assume this is another troll thread.  

Well done.

The fact that Lewis is out number 1 TE is a joke, and we signed Rivera and dude hasnt even played a game and MIA from practice, while a very good TE like Gary Barnidge sits at home smh
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

I'd love to see Allen at QB. I don't think any of our QBs are taking this team .500 or better but at least it'd be fun seeing how the kid's season goes. That's pretty much all we have to look forward to. And the development of players who will be here next year when we draft a QB.

(08-19-2017, 09:51 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote: The fact that Lewis is out number 1 TE is a joke, and we signed Rivera and dude hasnt even played a game and MIA from practice, while a very good TE like Gary Barnidge sits at home smh

I can't argue with this.

(08-19-2017, 11:52 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
  • QB Brandon Allen

02, what are you doing here? Marrone is not going to hitch the season to a guy who's showing flashes against the other team's third string. Bortles will start the season at QB. Playing anyone else would be an admission by the FO that they royally screwed the pooch by not adding anyone there this offseason.

Now, how long does he hold the job? Probably until we're clinging desperately to life in the playoff race and need a "spark" to stay in the hunt, at which point Bortles suffers a season-ending paper cut so the team can save face by not actually benching him.