Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Apparently I'm a 'domestic terrorist'

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2017, 10:18 PM by americus 2.0.)

(09-09-2017, 07:32 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:
(09-09-2017, 06:24 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: If this had been a conversation in person I don't know how I would have reacted. My hope is I wouldn't do anything stupid, but I'm certain she would have met the business end of my "domestic terrorist" self.

Even my husband knows not to piss me off. My anger issues are under control but push me hard enough and it'll get ugly with a quickness.

Where did it happen? Like on a message board or?...

It was a group discussion on Facebook. We both happen to be part of the same group of off grid/homesteaders women only. Women from around the world talk about what it's like to live off grid or how they're saving money to buy land, etc. 

The topic started out about North Korea having an EMP and "what would/could you do to protect yourself if they set one off" sort of thing. Someone made a comment about the US military and how we're warmongers and country killers, etc. I mentioned that I am an Army vet and the view of the US military being discussed was incorrect. The people in charge (politicians) make the decisions and folks like me who enlisted to serve our country don't always agree with what we're told to do but we follow orders. This......female made a comment to further talk smack and I very politely repeated what I said and she said she doesn't converse with domestic terrorists. I thought she was kidding. I actually laughed out loud. 

I told her it was because of many domestic terrorists that she benefits from the life she lives this country. She said she didn't. I went to her Facebook page to be sure she lives in the US, and she does- in Jacksonville no less! I told her, "I was just down in Jacksonville last week and it's still part of the US." I don't know if it freaked her out that I knew she lives in Jax (she has her entire life on her FB page for all to see) or what, but she didn't say a word after that. And by everything she has on her page she is most definitely a snot nosed liberal. I can almost guarantee I know the neighborhood she lives in just from her photos because I used to live there.

Between her yapping and the OP, who lives in New Zealand, talking smack about [BLEEP] they know nothing about I was pretty hot under the collar. To be called a domestic terrorist for serving my country? Yeah. A good thing it wasn't face to face.....

(09-09-2017, 08:58 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: I think this is hilarious.. I have a distant family member who claims he 'could have been' in the SAS (UK equivalent to Delta Force) and if he did take them up on their 'offer' he would have been a high ranking officer... I shut him down once by saying "yeah, of course you could... that's the reason for why you've been unemployed for almost 15 years!"
BOOM!  Big Grin

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Apparently I'm a 'domestic terrorist' - by americus 2.0 - 09-09-2017, 10:15 PM