Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Apparently I'm a 'domestic terrorist'

Shocked 

All because I am a veteran of the Army. Someone I was chatting with, a young, twenty-something year old girl, called me a domestic terrorist for serving. I told her the lifestyle she leads and freedoms she has benefits from hundreds of thousands of domestic terrorists who came before me, who currently serve and who will serve in the future. She said she doesn't benefit from anything. I told her the last time I checked Jacksonville is still part of the US so yeah, she benefits. 

What the hell is going on when kids think this way?? I had to laugh at first but now it kind of pisses me off. I just do not understand. And she is definitely a liberal. Not a democrat, to me they are left but not extreme. My view of a liberal is a far left democrat.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It's disease minded parents who have disease minded offspring.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

I'd rather be a domestic terrorist than a self entitled ignorant and arrogant little......................
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

They need to re-enstate the draft, have everyone do a 2 year hitch......
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(09-09-2017, 02:20 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: domestic terrorist

I was unaware that the US Army attacked civilians on US soil. Is this a new policy that MSNBC missed the memo on?

(09-09-2017, 02:20 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: All because I am a veteran of the Army. Someone I was chatting with, a young, twenty-something year old girl, called me a domestic terrorist for serving. I told her the lifestyle she leads and freedoms she has benefits from hundreds of thousands of domestic terrorists who came before me, who currently serve and who will serve in the future. She said she doesn't benefit from anything. I told her the last time I checked Jacksonville is still part of the US so yeah, she benefits. 

What the hell is going on when kids think this way?? I had to laugh at first but now it kind of pisses me off. I just do not understand. And she is definitely a liberal. Not a democrat, to me they are left but not extreme. My view of a liberal is a far left democrat.

I would have been a domestic terrorist as soon as I gave her a punch in the throat!! Laughing
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Her and Kap would get along just fine.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(09-09-2017, 02:33 PM)The Drifter Wrote: They need to re-enstate the draft, have everyone do a 2 year hitch......

should do a 6 year hitch since it takes almost 2 years to train a person and then a brand new "rookie" isn't going to learn or do much of anything other than the [BLEEP] jobs...after about the 4th year a person will have a decent rank and begin to see what the military is really all about...

(09-09-2017, 02:20 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: All because I am a veteran of the Army. Someone I was chatting with, a young, twenty-something year old girl, called me a domestic terrorist for serving. I told her the lifestyle she leads and freedoms she has benefits from hundreds of thousands of domestic terrorists who came before me, who currently serve and who will serve in the future. She said she doesn't benefit from anything. I told her the last time I checked Jacksonville is still part of the US so yeah, she benefits. 

There isn't much that "triggers" me, but having some snot-nosed millennial punk labeling me or any other veteran a "domestic terrorist" gets to me.  If she thinks that she doesn't "benefit" from anything, perhaps she should move to North Korea or perhaps Venezuela.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(09-09-2017, 04:06 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

There isn't much that "triggers" me, but having some snot-nosed millennial punk labeling me or any other veteran a "domestic terrorist" gets to me.  If she thinks that she doesn't "benefit" from anything, perhaps she should move to North Korea or perhaps Venezuela.

China would be a good place for her too...Maybe she could get a job in a sweatshop making those $150 Nikes she's probably wearing for a couple bucks a day

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2017, 06:07 PM by homebiscuit.)

I know it's frustrating but she will eventually learn to think for herself. My guess is she's ensconced in an echo chamber environment, but it won't last forever. I know you wouldn't allow a child's taunts to unnerve you, this should be regarded in the same light. Life is too short to let those who choose to be small-minded get under your skin.

But still, I'd pay to see Bunnie drop her with a throat punch.

(09-09-2017, 06:06 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

I know it's frustrating but she will eventually learn to think for herself. My guess is she's ensconced in an echo chamber environment, but it won't last forever. I know you wouldn't allow a child's taunts to unnerve you, this should be regarded in the same light. Life is too short to let those who choose to be small-minded get under your skin.

I grew up on the westside and graduated from Forrest...don't think it couldn't happen. Ninja
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(09-09-2017, 02:39 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(09-09-2017, 02:20 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: domestic terrorist

I was unaware that the US Army attacked civilians on US soil. Is this a new policy that MSNBC missed the memo on?

Evidently.

(09-09-2017, 06:06 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I know it's frustrating but she will eventually learn to think for herself. My guess is she's ensconced in an echo chamber environment, but it won't last forever. I know you wouldn't allow a child's taunts to unnerve you, this should be regarded in the same light. Life is too short to let those who choose to be small-minded get under your skin.

Cat fight Banana Banana Bow chika wow wow.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

If this had been a conversation in person I don't know how I would have reacted. My hope is I wouldn't do anything stupid, but I'm certain she would have met the business end of my "domestic terrorist" self.

Even my husband knows not to piss me off. My anger issues are under control but push me hard enough and it'll get ugly with a quickness.

(09-09-2017, 06:24 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: If this had been a conversation in person I don't know how I would have reacted. My hope is I wouldn't do anything stupid, but I'm certain she would have met the business end of my "domestic terrorist" self.

Even my husband knows not to piss me off. My anger issues are under control but push me hard enough and it'll get ugly with a quickness.

See that's half the problem with these kids.. They wanna hide behind computer and phone screens before they talk trash.. Because they know they'll be safe.. It's all about staying hidden.. It's why the real domestic terrorists wear the masks and cover up their faces while they smash out business store windows, beat up people who don't agree with their ideologies, and reek all kinds of havoc. They have to protect themselves because they already know that they're wrong.. If they knew that they weren't wrong, they wouldn't hide themselves or their identities. That's what they do. They're cowards, who back in the day, would have definitely gotten a Homebiscuit "throat punch", and they would have learned to tolerate other opinions and ideologies..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(09-09-2017, 06:32 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(09-09-2017, 06:24 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: If this had been a conversation in person I don't know how I would have reacted. My hope is I wouldn't do anything stupid, but I'm certain she would have met the business end of my "domestic terrorist" self.

See that's half the problem with these kids.. They wanna hide behind computer and phone screens before they talk trash.. Because they know they'll be safe.. It's all about staying hidden.. It's why the real domestic terrorists wear the masks and cover up their faces while they smash out business store windows, beat up people who don't agree with their ideologies, and reek all kinds of havoc. They have to protect themselves because they already know that they're wrong.. If they knew that they weren't wrong, they wouldn't hide themselves or their identities. That's what they do. They're cowards, who back in the day, would have definitely gotten a Homebiscuit "throat punch", and they would have learned to tolerate other opinions and ideologies..
I agree. There are a lot of things people wouldn't say/get away with if they were having face to face conversations with others. I was at a wedding last night. The couple are in their early 20's and most of their friends are as well. It was odd to watch them all at the reception doing their 'thing' with cellphones and such. The couple are nice kids who were raised with morals and values and their social media presence is nothing their parents would be ashamed of. I know they're a rare breed in today's society. Many of their friends are not too extreme but some are borderline. Nothing like what I encountered with the girl who probably wouldn't know intestinal fortitude if it slapped her in the face with a 2x4.

Where did it happen? Like on a message board or?...

You would think they just hide behind keyboards, but no, they are just a brazen in person.

My buddy and I had to stop at the mall for a few items and as we're walking, a group of three kids aged 10-14 decided to bust through the middle of us throwing elbows and then turned just to let it all out. I'm not a small dude, and my buddy is much bigger than I. It was like Chihuahuas nipping ankles, and all I could do is laugh, but these kids had an agenda. They followed and cussed at us for at least 30 minutes. Stupidity has no bounds nowadays. There is no empathy or even a twinkle of regard for humanity. The internet and technology have been great in some regards, but I think detrimental in others.

Heck, I had a dude at the stadium sitting down directly behind me during the National Anthem which bothers me but if you sit quiet, whatever. This dude is yelling the whole time. This same guy during the services recognition piece is just giving me the business as I'm standing amongst family and friends. He is telling his girlfriend that Special Ops are a bunch of punks (not the word) and how he could have been, blah, blah, blah. Just don't get it. It was a good thing I had the family with me or I guess I would have been a "domestic terrorist" most wanted!
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(09-09-2017, 08:47 PM)B2hibry Wrote: You would think they just hide behind keyboards, but no, they are just a brazen in person.

My buddy and I had to stop at the mall for a few items and as we're walking, a group of three kids aged 10-14 decided to bust through the middle of us throwing elbows and then turned just to let it all out. I'm not a small dude, and my buddy is much bigger than I. It was like Chihuahuas nipping ankles, and all I could do is laugh, but these kids had an agenda. They followed and cussed at us for at least 30 minutes. Stupidity has no bounds nowadays. There is no empathy or even a twinkle of regard for humanity. The internet and technology have been great in some regards, but I think detrimental in others.

Heck, I had a dude at the stadium sitting down directly behind me during the National Anthem which bothers me but if you sit quiet, whatever. This dude is yelling the whole time. This same guy during the services recognition piece is just giving me the business as I'm standing amongst family and friends. He is telling his girlfriend that Special Ops are a bunch of punks (not the word) and how he could have been, blah, blah, blah. Just don't get it. It was a good thing I had the family with me or I guess I would have been a "domestic terrorist" most wanted!

I think this is hilarious.. I have a distant family member who claims he 'could have been' in the SAS (UK equivalent to Delta Force) and if he did take them up on their 'offer' he would have been a high ranking officer... I shut him down once by saying "yeah, of course you could... that's the reason for why you've been unemployed for almost 15 years!"