Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump calls on NFL owners to fire players who protest.

(09-23-2017, 08:38 AM)LetsBReal Wrote: LOL.  Trump is hilarious and just an embarrassment to people ourselves. smh.   The real problem with the anthem is the fact that, we cut out and pasted the part we say during the pledge, but the negative part about slavery is swept under the rug.  

But the military feels disrespected and are passionate.....Is it the passion for only the cut and paste part, or the full meaning of the anthem?  I've always wanted to know from these "Others" who make excuses.

OK.  Let's be real.  The National Anthem is as it is sung and has been sung for as long as I have been alive.  The poem on which it is based has no meaning beyond the first stanza that we as a nation have stood for with hand over heart for the 54 years that I have been alive.  There may be some debate as to what Francis Scott Key actually meant in that 3rd stanza that until recently no one ever heard or knew of.  I do find it amazing that attorney Key whom defended slaves, the working class and in general the down trodden has had his words twisted that were written in a patriotic moment while being held captive during an assault on his county be brought up as racist some 200 years later to fit a narrow minded narrative brought forth by modern day racist.  

So I ask you, you smug [BLEEP] what do you know of Francis Scott Key, Fort McHenry or what the language and meaning of what he wrote meant as he sat off shore, captive on a ship bombarding his home?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump calls on NFL owners to fire players who protest. - by copycat - 09-23-2017, 08:11 PM