Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles Article: How to Win Without a Quarterback

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2017, 01:57 AM by JackCity.)

(10-12-2017, 09:43 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Noodle this for a bit.  Blake Bortles has 4 INT's thus far this season.  Of those 4, how many are on him?  I can only think of one.  His most recent "interception" was this past weekend and it really wasn't an interception... it was a take away from the receiver while on the ground.

His INT total last season this far into the season was double (8) and that was with a bye in week 5.

I'm not saying that Bortles is "the answer" as far as QB, but I think he gets too much of a bad rap both here and in the national media.  He's not as bad as most people think.  He's certainly not a QB that will carry a team and he certainly isn't going to put up 2015 like stats because he doesn't have to.

The past few seasons the TEAM wasn't able to run the ball much and played from behind too often, thus he was forced to throw more often.  That isn't the case this season.

His most recent interception wasn't on him but the other 3 were. Two were batted passes which Bortles has led the league in since he entered the league and the other was a routine pass he threw way behind the receiver.  

His INT% has remained the same. Still the same QB.

(10-12-2017, 09:55 PM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 09:43 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Noodle this for a bit.  Blake Bortles has 4 INT's thus far this season.  Of those 4, how many are on him?  I can only think of one.  His most recent "interception" was this past weekend and it really wasn't an interception... it was a take away from the receiver while on the ground.

His INT total last season this far into the season was double (8) and that was with a bye in week 5.

I'm not saying that Bortles is "the answer" as far as QB, but I think he gets too much of a bad rap both here and in the national media.  He's not as bad as most people think.  He's certainly not a QB that will carry a team and he certainly isn't going to put up 2015 like stats because he doesn't have to.

The past few seasons the TEAM wasn't able to run the ball much and played from behind too often, thus he was forced to throw more often.  That isn't the case this season.

i agree with you on he's not the answer at this time but he's not the problem either like some believe and the funny thing is that people they think are the answer makes excuses for their shortcomings base on their belief in them. lol.

Unfortunately him "not being the answer" is a problem. Especially when you have a stacked team like this ready to compete. It's fine when we can hide him and just run the ball down people's throats but if Blake has to start throwing to win against on a negative game script against a solid team we haven't much hope.  

He's the one thing holding this current team back from being truly read to compete, and that's fine for this year given the circumstances.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bortles Article: How to Win Without a Quarterback - by JackCity - 10-13-2017, 01:53 AM