Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags have a 96.6% chance of making the playoffs this year

My husband and I waled by a party planner shop thing and it had several NFL team party favors in the front window. I bet him all the money in his wallet they wouldn't have anything Jaguars. We walked in and they didn't- of course. The folks in there asked if we found what we were looking for and I told them no because they didn't have anything Jaguars. They both said- "Oh." This turned into a 30 minute education for them to find out just how good we are this year. The guy looked to be in his 40's and knew football but being in Panthers territory and the Jags being such a small market team, he didn't really know anything about us other than hearing our defense "was good." 

I started naming names, positions, stats and he brought up his laptop and started looking at our info on nfl.com. He was actually shocked at how well were are doing. He was more shocked that we're doing it without any "big names." He didn't recognize anyone on our roster other than Fournette, but I don't know how hard he was looking. He did guffaw when I said Bortles is our QB. I told him to check out the incident with Jalen Ramsey and AJ Green on youtube. 

It was fun to be able to talk Jags football and not feel like I had to defend the team's honor. Lol. He said he knows we've had rough years but at least we're not the Browns who have fans who regularly show up to games wearing paper bags on their heads.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jags have a 96.6% chance of making the playoffs this year - by americus 2.0 - 11-22-2017, 06:59 PM