Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags have a 96.6% chance of making the playoffs this year

Who would of thought.  I had the Jags pegged at 6-10 before the season.  I don't think anyone knew how dominant this defense is.  WOW!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/dallas-cowboys...ding-teams
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Wow

We'll go as far as Bortles will allow us to go. So long as he doesn't make too many mistakes, I think we can go deep into the playoffs with this defense.

I think if West Brook and Lee can get on same page as Bortles. We will go far in the playoffs.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Play calling needs a bit of tweaking too
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

Cool, this is almost as much of a lock the Men's Soccer team had to go to the 2018 World Cup --- just 1 easy win away from bottom feeders Trinidad and Tobago.

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2017, 04:40 PM by CAPTAIN.)

(11-22-2017, 03:27 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Cool, this is almost as much of a lock the Men's Soccer team had to go to the 2018 World Cup --- just 1 easy win away from bottom feeders Trinidad and Tobago.

Don’t compare the jags [legendary defense] to scrubs.

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2017, 05:45 PM by The Drifter.)

We still have 3 divisional games to go, Clots and Tinhorns at Home and the Tacks on the road. If we can handle 2 of the 3 I'm sure we'll take the division

The Tacks still have the Clots on the road, and the Tinhorns and Us at home. I have them Losing 2 of the 3 (Maybe all 3 Clots are starting to gel)

Then The need to beat the Cardinals and the Rams and Maybe SF 49'ers
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

I can't believe this is happening. I really can't. This doesn't seem real but I don't want to wake up from this dream.

If it only could have been 91%. That would have been legendary.

As the weeks go by it gets harder and harder to find a way that this team doesn’t make the playoffs. Even if they go 3-3 over the last 6 games that still puts them at 10-6. That will most likely be the 5th seed seeing how 9-7 or 8-8 might get a team in the playoffs in the afc. 10-6 may still be good enough to win the division. I realistically see this team going 12-4 getting the second seed tho.

At this point it would take some serious bad luck to cause us to lose the division

My husband and I waled by a party planner shop thing and it had several NFL team party favors in the front window. I bet him all the money in his wallet they wouldn't have anything Jaguars. We walked in and they didn't- of course. The folks in there asked if we found what we were looking for and I told them no because they didn't have anything Jaguars. They both said- "Oh." This turned into a 30 minute education for them to find out just how good we are this year. The guy looked to be in his 40's and knew football but being in Panthers territory and the Jags being such a small market team, he didn't really know anything about us other than hearing our defense "was good." 

I started naming names, positions, stats and he brought up his laptop and started looking at our info on nfl.com. He was actually shocked at how well were are doing. He was more shocked that we're doing it without any "big names." He didn't recognize anyone on our roster other than Fournette, but I don't know how hard he was looking. He did guffaw when I said Bortles is our QB. I told him to check out the incident with Jalen Ramsey and AJ Green on youtube. 

It was fun to be able to talk Jags football and not feel like I had to defend the team's honor. Lol. He said he knows we've had rough years but at least we're not the Browns who have fans who regularly show up to games wearing paper bags on their heads.

(11-22-2017, 06:59 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: My husband and I waled by a party planner shop thing and it had several NFL team party favors in the front window. I bet him all the money in his wallet they wouldn't have anything Jaguars. We walked in and they didn't- of course. The folks in there asked if we found what we were looking for and I told them no because they didn't have anything Jaguars. They both said- "Oh." This turned into a 30 minute education for them to find out just how good we are this year. The guy looked to be in his 40's and knew football but being in Panthers territory and the Jags being such a small market team, he didn't really know anything about us other than hearing our defense "was good." 

I started naming names, positions, stats and he brought up his laptop and started looking at our info on nfl.com. He was actually shocked at how well were are doing. He was more shocked that we're doing it without any "big names." He didn't recognize anyone on our roster other than Fournette, but I don't know how hard he was looking. He did guffaw when I said Bortles is our QB. I told him to check out the incident with Jalen Ramsey and AJ Green on youtube. 

It was fun to be able to talk Jags football and not feel like I had to defend the team's honor. Lol. He said he knows we've had rough years but at least we're not the Browns who have fans who regularly show up to games wearing paper bags on their heads.

I used to travel regularly to Charlotte for business back in the 90s so that shapes my perspective but I've always found it humorous how Charlotte seems to look down on Jax as a little brother when they seem to have such a complex about Atlanta. When they talk about "small market teams" it's not like Charlotte is some mega-market. Hope you told them to get with the program. Smile
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Until that number is 100% I don't care and don't expect it. Defense is playing great..Super Bowl great. Offense needs to become more consistent
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

Little confused why people in Charlotte wouldn't know who the Jaguars are? We came in as expansion teams at the same time...really?

(11-22-2017, 07:26 PM)Fred Jones-Brunell Wrote: Until that number is 100% I don't care and don't expect it. Defense is playing great..Super Bowl great. Offense needs to become more consistent

The Offense definitely needs to be more consistent, but you have to remember that this OL has had a different starting line up in each of the past 6 games.

The main thing is keeping that D as healthy as we can. I'm starting to let myself dream, we may make the playoffs!!! January football! 

Still got plenty of work to do to make it happen though, O needs to start pulling it's weight in games. Can't keep making D win games, O are getting plenty of chances.

After the gut punch of last year this has made the sun appear again!

(This post was last modified: 11-23-2017, 12:45 AM by americus 2.0.)

(11-22-2017, 07:08 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(11-22-2017, 06:59 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: My husband and I waled by a party planner shop thing and it had several NFL team party favors in the front window. I bet him all the money in his wallet they wouldn't have anything Jaguars. We walked in and they didn't- of course. The folks in there asked if we found what we were looking for and I told them no because they didn't have anything Jaguars. They both said- "Oh." This turned into a 30 minute education for them to find out just how good we are this year. The guy looked to be in his 40's and knew football but being in Panthers territory and the Jags being such a small market team, he didn't really know anything about us other than hearing our defense "was good." 

I used to travel regularly to Charlotte for business back in the 90s so that shapes my perspective but I've always found it humorous how Charlotte seems to look down on Jax as a little brother when they seem to have such a complex about Atlanta. When they talk about "small market teams" it's not like Charlotte is some mega-market. Hope you told them to get with the program. Smile

They got a crash course for sure. I also told them my husband keeps asking me when I will become a Panthers fan, I've been here for six years now. They laughed when I told them that was sacrilegious and the Panthers are the obnoxious sibling we have nothing to do with unless it's scheduled. Lol.

(11-22-2017, 07:31 PM)Brett Wrote: Little confused why people in Charlotte wouldn't know who the Jaguars are? We came in as expansion teams at the same time...really?

It depends on who you talk to. We live two hours east of Charlotte and nobody in my small town knows who the Jags are. The Panthers fans mostly ignore us and try to forget we came into the league at the same time.

If Jags win out and Pats beat Steelers, Jags will get a bye week. It may happen.

Jags have the type of team that can beat anyone in the playoffs. Great defense and solid running game with Fournette. The only things that would change this would be significant injuries to Fournette, Cam Robinson, Ramsay or Bortles. As bad as Blake can be, Henne cannot take the team far. At least Blake can scramble when necessary and I do expect the coaches to have more designed runs for him if they make the playoffs.

Those are not our most important players. Campbell, Smith, Bouye, Jack.