Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mock Draft Central

Ah, mock drafting. Pointless yet incredibly fun. I'm gonna put down two positions per round, because hey, why not? This mock draft is based on us keeping Blake or signing Cousins/Manning/anyone and tagging Allen Robinson. Either Hurns is kept or Lee is signed. Ivory gets cut ($$$ and fumbles). I think Keelan Cole is gonna be a solid WR (not a game changer) and I think Dede will contribute as well. I'm not gonna sit here and pretend to know a bunch of guys for this mock, hence just the positions. When Coughlin ran the Giants/Jags he took someone on OL/DL in the first two rounds over 2/3 of the time. With our D-Line being the best in the league, I think we go O-Line.

1) OT/G...Parnell, Omameh, and Cann are all mediocre, and Parnell is overpaid. Somebody has go to go.
2) G/OT...Yup, I doubled down on O-Line. Give Fournette some room to run, and hopefully whoever is under center can make some throws to A-Rob and company. Hopefully we can force the D to only play with 7 in the box.
3) TE...An athletic TE to split off the line on PA plays would be nice, plus another red zone target aside from A-Rob would really help.
4) RB...Find a backup to Fournette. I think they'll cut Ivory and it'll be Yeldon's last year under contract. I doubt they resign Yeldon at the end of next year. Yeldon is solid catching the rock, but the guy can't carry it. Fournette is a glass cannon and we need somebody back there when he's hurt.
5) LB/CB...Poz is old and our depth at LB is atrocious. Colvin is gonna get paid somewhere else and that leaves open the nickel for grabs. I doubt a 5th rounder would be our nickel, but depth is depth.
6) LB/S... Depth. Still needed at LB/S
7) QB...Take a flier on somebody. Who cares. I know Khan said Blake is our guy, but he does't make those decisions. Plus, we're in the playoffs and Khan is stroking Blake's ego to probably make him feel comfortable. I know I would. I think we sign Cousins and keep Henne as the backup, but we need somebody better than Henne as QB2.

Well, that's my take.
BORTLES ISN'T A FRANCHISE QB. FOURNETTE WILL BE A BUST.

Messages In This Thread
Mock Draft Central - by ColoJag - 12-21-2017, 12:18 AM
RE: Mock Draft Central - by TheO-LineMatters - 12-21-2017, 12:29 AM
RE: Mock Draft Central - by ColoJag - 12-21-2017, 12:45 AM
RE: Mock Draft Central - by TheO-LineMatters - 12-21-2017, 06:25 AM
RE: Mock Draft Central - by flgatorsandjags - 12-21-2017, 01:05 PM
RE: Mock Draft Central - by TheO-LineMatters - 12-21-2017, 07:03 PM
RE: Mock Draft Central - by BlueEyedJag - 12-21-2017, 07:38 PM
RE: Mock Draft Central - by flgatorsandjags - 12-21-2017, 07:39 PM
RE: Mock Draft Central - by TheO-LineMatters - 12-22-2017, 12:09 AM
RE: Mock Draft Central - by jaglou53 - 12-21-2017, 10:21 AM
RE: Mock Draft Central - by Kane - 12-21-2017, 11:01 AM