Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
To all that are not blaming Bortles

I don't see how anyone can blame Blake for this loss. I put the blame squarely on Hackett for the ultra conservative play calling in the 4th quarter that kept giving the Patriots the ball back. I do believe there is a lack of trust in Blake to not turn the ball over and they simply decided to put their trust in the defense to win the game. 

The series after the Jack fumble recovery was the back breaker to me. The Jags went 3 and and out and gave the ball right back to the Pats, who then drove down to score a TD to get within 3 points. The Jags only burned a minute and 34 seconds on this drive which put their defense right back on the field.

Looking at the plays a little closer, Hackett called four straight Fournette runs on 1st down in the 4th quarter for a total of 3 yards. This is not a recipe for helping your quarterback when you put him behind in the chains and making him throw the ball in a tight game. If they really wanted to control the clock, why didn't they keep running the ball to at least run more clock? This really blows my mind because their longest drive of the 4th quarter was only 2 minutes and 23 seconds. It's hard for your defense to hold up against the greatest QB ever when they were on the field for much of 4th quarter. We surely could have helped them out by at least running more clock by running the ball, but that wasn't in the plans and we lost because of it. We can blame a lot of things for this loss, but Blake sure isn't one of them.
Season Ticket Holder - Sec 437

Messages In This Thread
To all that are not blaming Bortles - by BklynJag - 01-22-2018, 08:28 AM
Jnev - by JNev - 01-22-2018, 10:09 AM
RE: To all that are not blaming Bortles - by FBT - 01-22-2018, 10:13 AM
JagFanFirst - by JagFanFirst - 01-22-2018, 01:18 PM
RE: JagFanFirst - by NYC4jags - 01-22-2018, 01:44 PM
RE: To all that are not blaming Bortles - by SCJagFan - 01-22-2018, 01:47 PM
RE: To all that are not blaming Bortles - by Kane - 01-22-2018, 04:37 PM
RE: To all that are not blaming Bortles - by FBT - 01-22-2018, 08:02 PM
RE: To all that are not blaming Bortles - by PF* - 01-22-2018, 04:59 PM
RE: To all that are not blaming Bortles - by Kane - 01-23-2018, 09:15 AM