Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
To all that are not blaming Bortles

I agree, he played a decent game. BUT it's because of him we lost this game. The reason : THE TEAM DOES NOT TRUST HIM. Plain and simple. We had one minute left and 2 timeouts right before half and you take a knee. Are you serious ?  It' because they don' trust Bortles not to make a mistake

The same situation happened in the Eagles game and what did they do, they kept there foot on the pedal and scored. Yes the playcalling was bad in second half but I think it' because they didn' trust the QB to not turn it over. Also, not one Blake run today after it worked so much last week. 

This team has to think long and hard if Bortles is the answer.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

No. Blake isn't the reason we lost this game.

He was playing very well. It's not his fault the coaching staff played to lose or that the defense couldn't get a stop on 3rd and 18.

(01-22-2018, 08:31 AM)JackCity Wrote: No. Blake isn't the reason we lost this game.  

He was playing very well. It's not his fault the coaching staff played to lose or that the defense couldn't get a stop on 3rd and 18.

His play wasn't the reason we lost THIS game, it what the team sees him as is why we lost.

(01-22-2018, 08:28 AM)BklynJag Wrote: I agree, he played a decent game. BUT it's because of him we lost this game..

(01-22-2018, 08:33 AM)BklynJag Wrote:
(01-22-2018, 08:31 AM)JackCity Wrote: No. Blake isn't the reason we lost this game.  

His play wasn't the reason we lost THIS game, it what the team sees him as is why we lost.

Which is it?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2018, 08:37 AM by sfljaguarsfan.)

Uhhh, we lost the game because the refs let one team do whatever they want... I thought that couldn't be anymore obvious?

Don't take blame off the coaching staff just to trash Blake. They [BLEEP] the bed.

Then it's not Blake's fault, it's the coaching staff?   It's hard to understand your point.  You start with, "to all the people who think Blake is not to blame...", then you move to "he wasn't the reason we lost..."  

So you agree, he's not to blame.

(01-22-2018, 08:36 AM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote: Uhhh, we lost  the game because the refs let one team do whatever they want... I thought that couldn't be anymore obvious?

I agree, the refs were one sided but the team played not to lose becase of Blake. Plain and Simple. They didn' trust him.

(01-22-2018, 08:40 AM)BklynJag Wrote:
(01-22-2018, 08:36 AM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote: Uhhh, we lost  the game because the refs let one team do whatever they want... I thought that couldn't be anymore obvious?

I agree, the refs were one sided but the team played not to lose becase of Blake. Plain and Simple. They didn' trust him.

So its on the coaching staff....plain and simple.

(01-22-2018, 08:39 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-22-2018, 08:33 AM)BklynJag Wrote: His play wasn't the reason we lost THIS game, it what the team sees him as is why we lost.

Then it's not Blake's fault, it's the coaching staff?   It's hard to understand your point.  You start with, "to all the people who think Blake is not to blame...", then you move to "he wasn't the reason we lost..."  

His play is not the reason we lost yesterday's game but his past history is why we lost. The team didn' want to put the ball in his hands when it mattered most. They didn' want to see that back breaking interception that he's prone to do.

anyone have a link to this picture so i can share it with my dad.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(01-22-2018, 08:43 AM)BklynJag Wrote:
(01-22-2018, 08:39 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Then it's not Blake's fault, it's the coaching staff?   It's hard to understand your point.  You start with, "to all the people who think Blake is not to blame...", then you move to "he wasn't the reason we lost..."  

His play is not the reason we lost yesterday's game but his past history is why we lost. The team didn' want to put the ball in his hands when it mattered most. They didn' want to see that back breaking interception that he's prone to do.
In a span of 15 minutes...

You blamed Bortles...
Then the coaching staff...
Now Bortles past history...

Which is it?

Dumb thread. If patriots get the ball to start the 2nd they probably take a chance for more points. As it is the jags got the ball first and promptly went down and scored and then went down and scored again to go up 10. Then the pats got off the field 3 straight droves with PI no calls. 2 minute offense is something he has excelled at but up 4 on the road on the AFC title game getting the ball to start the second half, you kneel with less than a minute to go and go down and score to start the half.

Okay. Be gone, buddy.
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

When the team gives up 42 one week and easy TDs the next, it’s time to start think why the defense isn’t as good as we thought. Why aren’t they getting the blame? I’ve seen all the finger pointing to the offense but really, they did what was required to win. Defense wins championships right?
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

I mean look, we BARELY lost to the Goat and the refs. If it weren't for some drive killing penalties not called in the 4th, we probably would have closed it out.

Blake was not at fault for this game. He played the game of his life and had completed 12 passes in a row and was outdueleing Brady. The staff trusted him just fine.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(01-22-2018, 09:16 AM)B2hibry Wrote: When the team gives up 42 one week and easy TDs the next, it’s time to start think why the defense isn’t as good as we thought. Why aren’t they getting the blame? I’ve seen all the finger pointing to the offense but really, they did what was required to win. Defense wins championships right?

That's on Wash. He failed miserably yesterday. He failed to make adjustments. Even the players saying they shouldn' have been in zone. Got absolutely no pressure.

I blame poor play calling and the refs. Blake has played well. If the coaches didn't trust him, we wouldn't have seen those bombs we've seen him throw downfield. Your logic is illogical.
[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Allowing a 3rd & 18 conversion was the killer.
The delay of game on a play that converts a 1st down and would have led to points; inexcusable.
Marrone was out-coached in the 2nd half.
Hackett called a great 1st half, not so good in the 2nd half. Way too conservative.
Zero penalties on the NE offense and defense impossible, but true. Just re-watched the game and Marcedes Lewis was held by Patrick Chung on every crossing route.
Brady made some great throws. I hate him.
Fabulous year by the home team! We'll see what happens next year with a 1st place schedule and Watson & Luck back.
Thank you Jaguars for a terrific year!

I can’t believe Blake gave up that 3rd and 18!