Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Going to see an oncologist this morning....

Sad 

I wasn't going to say anything until after I knew something for sure but I am nervous as heck and just needed to get this off my chest. I had a blood test done with results that show elevated levels of cancer antigens and had a CT scan Wednesday. I wouldn't be surprised if there is really something there and the test was not a false positive as me and my family are hoping for. 

For the last year I have had signs and symptoms of what I thought was scar tissue adhesion issues stemming from my partial hysterectomy of three years ago. Scar tissue can attach itself to surrounding tissue and organs and cause problems. My annual visit to my GYN with my description of these S&S prompted her to order the test and scan. The scary thing is, some of the S&S of scar tissue adhesion are the same as ovarian cancer. 

The test, CA-125, is not 100% accurate and is why the scan was ordered. Your CA (cancer antigen) levels can be elevated due to a short list of things, most of which don't apply to me, and what's left are real possibilities for my elevated levels and a false positive, but the signs and symptoms kind of cancel those out. 

So.....yeah. That's where I'm at.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Messages In This Thread
Going to see an oncologist this morning.... - by americus 2.0 - 01-26-2018, 11:05 AM