Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Alex Smith traded to the Redskins..

(01-31-2018, 12:16 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Suppose you dump Bortles and don't land Cousins?

I believe with 100% sincerity that Josh McCown could have gotten us just as far as Blake did this year (and maybe farther). All we did was ask Blake to do drags, screens, dump offs 80% of the time. McCown did that, and more, with a worse oline and receiving corps...all for $5 million. We could also add some of the quick timing stuff like slants or speed outs that Blake has proven he cannot do because of his slow mechanics and poor ball placement.

If we aren't upgrading we shouldn't be spending 19 million. Keeping the status quo at now triple the salary is the worst option of all to me.

p.s. I accidentally deleted it when I was focusing on the quote, but the only thing that will get defenses out of stacking the box is our own coaches as I've pointed out ad nauseum. Teams aren't going to care if Arob is out there, if we're in 21, 12, or 22 personnel the box will be stacked. It's just math.

Messages In This Thread
Alex Smith traded to the Redskins.. - by JackCity - 01-30-2018, 10:42 PM
RE: Alex Smith traded to the Redskins.. - by JNev - 01-31-2018, 10:51 AM
Jags - by Jags - 01-31-2018, 09:30 AM
RE: Alex Smith traded to the Redskins.. - by JNev - 01-31-2018, 11:00 AM
RE: Alex Smith traded to the Redskins.. - by JNev - 01-31-2018, 03:22 PM
RE: Alex Smith traded to the Redskins.. - by JNev - 01-31-2018, 03:58 PM
RE: Alex Smith traded to the Redskins.. - by Upper - 01-31-2018, 04:52 PM
RE: Alex Smith traded to the Redskins.. - by JNev - 02-01-2018, 10:50 AM
Jnev - by JNev - 02-04-2018, 11:33 AM