Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Alex Smith traded to the Redskins..

Whoa. Kirk Cousins will officially become a FA.

https://twitter.com/TerezPaylor/status/9...twterm%5E3

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2018, 10:47 PM by TheSchmidt.)

and that likely takes Alex Smith off the board as FA in 2019 assuming they sign him.

No good free agent qbs in 2019 now.

Time is now to get Kirk.

Wow.

Kirk will probably go to the Broncos.

Didn't see that coming.

Jags get Foles? I'm fine with that.

Not where I expected him to end up. Interesting.

I'm expecting Cousins to Denver as well
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(01-30-2018, 10:49 PM)JackCity Wrote: Kirk will probably go to the Broncos.

Good. Let em.

(01-30-2018, 10:49 PM)JackCity Wrote: Kirk will probably go to the Broncos.

Interesting. Kirk Cousins could end up in a lot of places though. Arizona, Minnesotta, New York, Buffalo, Miami, Denver & Cleveland could all have eyes on him. Maybe us. I don't know.

Here's another interesting scenario. Let's say New England wins it's 6th Championship and Brady decides that's enough. What if he retires after that game and Bill Belichick decides to keep coaching? Cousins would have to be considered there as well.

Personally. I don't want to see us break the bank for him. You would end up being tied to him for a few years which makes it difficult to maintain the youth we already have that was just a game away from the Superbowl. Should go with Bortles and draft a viable back up to groom.

Maybe pick up Bridgewater to replace Henne as well.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-30-2018, 11:12 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Interesting. Kirk Cousins could end up in a lot of places though. Arizona, Minnesotta, New York, Buffalo, Miami, Denver & Cleveland could all have eyes on him. Maybe us. I don't know.

Here's another interesting scenario. Let's say New England wins it's 6th Championship and Brady decides that's enough. What if he retires after that game and Bill Belichick decides to keep coaching? Cousins would have to be considered there as well.

Personally. I don't want to see us break the bank for him. You would end up being tied to him for a few years which makes it difficult to maintain the youth we already have that was just a game away from the Superbowl. Should go with Bortles and draft a viable back up to groom.

A healthy Bridgewater is better than BB. If he comes here, he starts.

@1010XLTyler
Saw Kirk Cousins on #SBLII radio row today. He walked past the @1010XL table and whispered “Duuuvaaal”

#Jaguars
9:50 PM · Jan 30, 2018
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(01-30-2018, 11:12 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Interesting. Kirk Cousins could end up in a lot of places though. Arizona, Minnesotta, New York, Buffalo, Miami, Denver & Cleveland could all have eyes on him. Maybe us. I don't know.

I think they have to break the bank for him. You can keep the core of this team around for two more years if they sign Cousins to around $28 mil and Robinson for $16 mil. 2020 is when they would have to start making big roster decisions. 

Say they stay the course with Blake. If he falls flat on his face next year with a much tougher schedule, they would have missed on adding anything through free agency since 2019 has nothing worthwhile. And there is no guarantee they find one in the draft his year to groom who could be ready next year for that scenario. And the SB window is passing by....

If Blake repeats this season (which was medicore), then they will likely have to give him at least $20 annually in an extension. That would be bad.

Get Cousins while a QB of his caliber is available and you still have multiple years of SB aspirations

"Hey look! Washington put Kirk Cousins on the curb. Go get the truck!"

lol, Washington gave Alex Smith $70 million in guaranteed money. That's insane money for a good, not great player who is likely entering the twilight of his career.

Alex got 70 guaranteed, so Kirk probably gets like 140 million over 5 years, 90 million guaranteed.

(01-30-2018, 11:45 PM)JackCity Wrote: Alex got 70 guaranteed, so Kirk probably gets like 140 million over 5 years, 90 million guaranteed.

I'd give him that.

I kinda feel bad for you anti-Bortles people. Every move this off-season is going to hurt your hearts.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-30-2018, 11:50 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I kinda feel bad for you anti-Bortles people. Every move this off-season is going to hurt your hearts.

Not as much as your heart will be hurting in December if this team stays inactive in the QB space.

(01-30-2018, 11:48 PM)Upper Wrote:
(01-30-2018, 11:45 PM)JackCity Wrote: Alex got 70 guaranteed, so Kirk probably gets like 140 million over 5 years, 90 million guaranteed.

I'd give him that.

Agree.