Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Based on FA who is the pick at #29?

(03-15-2018, 01:26 AM)Bullseye Wrote: WR, QB, TE, G, and MLB are huge possibilities, IMO.

I would agree those are the top candidates.  My thoughts on the positions:

QB - As free agency has gone on, I more and more think this is what the Jaguars are planning to do.  They have made a very concerted effort to fill their major needs in free agency except quarterback.  Coincidence?  I don't think so.

G - I would probably go with QB in the first and RG in the second since guards tend to drop.  I think right guard is one of the few positions where a 1st or even a 2nd rounder would be the favorite to start on this team.  Even if hypothetically the draft pick needed a year to develop, it isn't 100% bad.  He would provide quality depth in 2018 and Cann is a free agent in 2019.  We would be filling the spot in advance.  If I didn't like the available QB's in the first, I would go with a guard as my second choice.

MLB - I think we're definitely drafting one, but probably not in the first.  With putting a third cornerback on the field during passing plays and Jack and Smith as the two linebackers, our MLB is a part time position.  Barring injury, he only plays about a third of the defensive snaps.  As such, it would be less valued.  I definitely think we take one, but rounds 2, 3 or 4 are more likely. 

TE - It's a possibility, but I don't think they would have signed ASJ for $5 million per year if they were planning on going tight end in the 1st.  I also see a complete lack of agreement by mock drafters on the best tight end in the draft.  This suggests to me that there multiple tight ends in the draft who are fairly equal.  As such, even if we want a tight end, it might make more sense to wait until second round and see who's still there.

WR - Prior to free agency and after no franchise tag on A-Rob, I thought this would be the pick.  However, I have trouble seeing the Jaguars going wide receiver in the first after signing Moncrief and resigning Lee.  I think if they did go here at #29, it would mean that a wide receiver is there that the Jaguars didn't expect to be there.  It is a possibility, but I don't think likely.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Based on FA who is the pick at #29? - by TheDuke007 - 03-17-2018, 04:19 PM
Based on FA who is the pick at #29? - by Andy G - 03-15-2018, 10:43 AM
Based on FA who is the pick at #29? - by Andy G - 03-15-2018, 01:43 PM
Based on FA who is the pick at #29? - by Andy G - 03-15-2018, 05:39 PM